Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:10 am 
 

When attempting the BIN two step, you absolutely have to hold the seller's hand through the whole process.
Generally speaking, the seller who is open to a BIN is a novice - at least that is your hope - and you have to work hard to make the steal.
This lot was a steal at $200...and I am sure it will go for much more than that.


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:49 am 
 

Look how close I came to not getting the tourney mod last year. We agreed on a BIN price and while I went to the park he just changed the auction to make it a BIN. Had to change my pants after I came back and saw it up there. It sat there for a good 45 minutes too.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:14 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Hmm; could be, but that almost sounds as though they were asking what you were willing to offer.

Could've been right about that: wasn't just "offered" to yourself, either, although you may have been first.

(response from seller)
"I had offered it to a couple folks if they wanted to buy it now.
Unfortunately, after 10 bids, e-bay would not let me add the buy it now a 2nd time.
Then to top it off, several folks bid over the buy it now."

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:01 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Hmm; could be, but that almost sounds as though they were asking what you were willing to offer.

Could've been right about that: wasn't just "offered" to yourself, either, although you may have been first.

(response from seller)
"I had offered it to a couple folks if they wanted to buy it now.
Unfortunately, after 10 bids, e-bay would not let me add the buy it now a 2nd time.
Then to top it off, several folks bid over the buy it now."

Eh, needless to say I am bit disapponited.  I was forced to place a bid myself last night after Mike(chromaticknight) bid, hoping the seller would just see my bid and close the auction. Looks like I am now going to have to dig deep to get it. :evil:

*<very frustrated>*


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:10 pm 
 

I had offered him 5 times that much. Probably why he decided to let it ride.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:48 pm 
 

Somebody was looking for one of these, I don't remember who:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 3&rd=1

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:58 pm 
 

mud2guard wrote:Dwarven Glory, Misty Isles.. plus some OCE!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT


Well, No more fooling around with the kiddie bids in hopes of keeping it low. Not much more to do now except to wait around for a2jeff to come along and snipe me.

*<waves to Jeff>*


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:44 pm 
 

Look at it now, floating out there like a big, bloody carcass.  Won't be long before every shark in the ocean gets a whiff and comes circling in for a closer look...

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1177
Joined: Nov 07, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 12, 2021
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:25 pm 
 

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS "DUNGEON MASTER SCREEN" UNOPENED
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 80853&rd=1

6 days left with an opening bid of 5.00.  States still in the shrink.



 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:47 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Look at it now, floating out there like a big, bloody carcass. Won't be long before every shark in the ocean gets a whiff and comes circling in for a closer look...

You've certainly got a way with words, Stephen!

Wonder what the seller's thinking now...

=
aside: Heh. Am glad I didn't list that VF+ "Cavaliers & Roundheads" with the other items above.
Let it rest for a bit, then had a tilt at the seller just now (email -> BIN set -> completed purchase in under 20 minutes).
Was a fairly full price IMO ($53), but no complaints.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5198409700

=
Am also waiting for /yet more/ stuff to pile in on that multi-box & Dragon CD auction;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5198071735
*
And all I want is that white box: not even the books, just the box...
(*tries to sneak your's whilst you're not watching*)

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:50 pm 
 

The mythical 4th print set shows up on EBay along with 3 supplements. All look to be in real nice condition, but no box. :cry: $150 BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 51267&rd=1

Also, a little birdy flew in and told me another T1st DMG is to be found on EBay tonight. :wink:

*<waves to d as I pass by>*


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:13 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:The mythical 4th print set shows up on EBay along with 3 supplements. All look to be in real nice condition, but no box. :cry: $150 BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 51267&rd=1


With the price on the cover, wouldn't this be a 4th minus?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:19 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:The mythical 4th print set shows up on EBay along with 3 supplements. All look to be in real nice condition, but no box. :cry: $150 BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 51267&rd=1


With the price on the cover, wouldn't this be a 4th minus?

I swear I never get that right.  :evil:   I could have swore the 4th printing 1975 was an indication of the "fourth print".  I think either A) I am f*cking stupid or b) Foul keeps changing the site on me.  My guess is option A. :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:23 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote: I swear I never get that right. :evil:  I could have swore the 4th printing 1975 was an indication of the "fourth print". I think either A) I am f*cking stupid or b) Foul keeps changing the site on me. My guess is option A. :roll:


Nah, come on, that can't be the case!   :D

Does anyone know if the so-called 4th really even exists?

  

User avatar

Site Admin

Posts: 2119
Joined: Oct 19, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2021
Location: Honolulu, HI

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:56 pm 
 

I've recently contacted the two people who supposedly had the 4th print, to reconfirm -- both have said they actually have 4th Minus prints.  Therefore, unless someone comes forward shortly with a confirmed 4th, that print will be eliminated and the 4th Minus will be moved up to 4th.

Foul

  


Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 93
Joined: Apr 06, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 28, 2009
Location: Horsham, United Kingdom

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:16 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
mud2guard wrote:Dwarven Glory, Misty Isles.. plus some OCE!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT


bah! americas only - sheesh :cry:


Seller didn't mean americas only:

Subject: Re: Question about shipping for item #5198254549 - LOT OF DUNGEON & DRAGONS M...
MIME-Version: 1.0
...  
Sure, shipping to UK is not a problem, I didn't realize I had clicked americas only.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:13 am 
 

Heya Scott,

FoulFoot wrote:I've recently contacted the two people who supposedly had the 4th print, to reconfirm -- both have said they actually have 4th Minus prints. Therefore, unless someone comes forward shortly with a confirmed 4th, that print will be eliminated and the 4th Minus will be moved up to 4th.

Foul

Much though I'm loathe to see my "rare" "hybrids" (three sets only noted) downgraded, all I can say is thanks for that long-overdue fix... :)
Glad I wasn't holding my breath, though! *jk*


Still fairly convinced the earliest "4th-" copies (released) went out without that address label at the back, rather than being an oversight, given that the only copy I've seen was with that "fine print" box;
Post research tidbits here • Page 3 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

And, of course, am also still dubious about the reading of that 25,000 copies quote, per. OD&D Box Set Research. • Collecting Appraisal •  The Acaeum
(Anyhow, that was the first thing that drew my attention to the 4th-/4th situation being impossible; if the latter had 25,000 copies and all I kept turning up was yet more 4th-s. Similarly 25,000 doesn't work too well given the apparent 4th-/5th ratio).

=
Will you be making any other minor tweaks to the OD&D list, in passing?

If so (in addition to the ongoing 1stV & OCE games), there are a few bits-and-pieces might be "nice to have", phps.
*
- The comparison points on the listings look a bit unwieldy, although I can see why they're written thus. The stock lists provide a far quicker cross-check on the printings, IMO (especially the diceset prices).
- 3rd and 4th- (sic) prints /only/ have "(c) 1975" in M&M.
- For the 5th, it wasn't just the typeset that was changed; there was a general overhaul, too, such as the revised map on page 4 of U&WA and incorporation of the errata text (separate sheet in the 2nd/3rd print and on the front (previously blank) page of the ref sheets for the 4th-, per first (11171) link above).
- aside: What was the derivation of the 12/75-4/76 date for the 5th? Am still trying to tie that into Eldritch Wizardry (4/76) being present on the stock list with a price, rather than "coming soon!"... (unless /someone/ has a copy which states otherwise. *looks hopefully at <Deimos>*)
- OCE- plus one Balrog in addition to that hobbit, in all copies afaik (in addition to that other issue with the 5th throwback pages, etc.)
- and aside, again: cross-checking the stock list of the 2nd OD&D with T1st Greyhawk certainly makes it look as though Greyhawk wasn't out until around April/"Spring". Feb '75 in the intro can be ignored, unless you want to change the 1st OD&D to Nov '73, too.

Okies, enough for now. Take or leave as you will! ;)


=
Hrmm... so does that mean I've got /all/ the currently known listed and unlisted variants, now that the 4th is vanishing? *shuffles unhappily*
Well, aside from <Deimos>'s early 5th and the intermediate 5th/OCE white box, that is.

Am sure there are still more lurking out there (especially amongst the OCEs).
*looks around some more....*

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:22 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Heya Scott,

FoulFoot wrote:I've recently contacted the two people who supposedly had the 4th print, to reconfirm -- both have said they actually have 4th Minus prints. Therefore, unless someone comes forward shortly with a confirmed 4th, that print will be eliminated and the 4th Minus will be moved up to 4th.

Foul

- For the 5th, it wasn't just the typeset that was changed; there was a general overhaul, too, such as the revised map on page 4 of U&WA and incorporation of the errata text (separate sheet in the 2nd/3rd print and on the front (previously blank) page of the ref sheets for the 4th-, per first (11171) link above).

What about U&WA page 21?  I always assumed this was changed at the same time, just confirming.

harami2000 wrote:- aside: What was the derivation of the 12/75-4/76 date for the 5th? Am still trying to tie that into Eldritch Wizardry (4/76) being present on the stock list with a price, rather than "coming soon!"... (unless /someone/ has a copy which states otherwise. *looks hopefully at <Deimos>*)

Not sure what insight I can provide there.  The only difference between the 5th and mine on that page seems to be that in the normal 5th, the products list is printed at a horrible angle.  In mine it's set much straighter.  The actual text is identical.  (Eldritch is listed for $5.00).

 YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111