Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 100123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 9899100
Author


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3793
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:28 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:*chuckles and waves to any wandering 1st-print-MM-less passers-by*


(1st print MM was my first purchase on eBay, btw...)


Now THAT's what I call a great start on eBay!

Fortunately, I've got a minty one with corners so sharp you'll get your sleeves shredded just walking past the bookshelf.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:01 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:1st print MM with a $50 BIN!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 23216&rd=1

Well, it went eventually... (over 2 hours) :roll:

Personally, I'd still rather have a minty 2nd and 3rd MM for that kinda money, but a 1st MM is a 1st MM, I s'pose. ;)

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(1st print MM was my first purchase on eBay, btw...)

Now THAT's what I call a great start on eBay!

Fortunately, I've got a minty one with corners so sharp you'll get your sleeves shredded just walking past the bookshelf.

Well, I was really looking for a woodgrain- pref. 3rd print- to replace my "borrowed" copy, but was getting fed up being underbidder on those.

Haven't quite got a 1st MM that good (or dangerous) and the "best" copy (IMO) ain't the one in best condition.
In fact, should log it on the "fun finds" thread, although "fun" wouldn't be the word of choice, since it's more than a touch bittersweet...

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3793
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:05 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Haven't quite got a 1st MM that good (or dangerous) and the "best" copy (IMO) ain't the one in best condition.
In fact, should log it on the "fun finds" thread, although "fun" wouldn't be the word of choice, since it's more than a touch bittersweet...


Come on, stop teasing, you KNOW I want to hear that story!

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3793
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:08 pm 
 

The PHB went, too.  3rd pint, according to the seller...a bit high on that one, I guess.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:00 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Haven't quite got a 1st MM that good (or dangerous) and the "best" copy (IMO) ain't the one in best condition.
In fact, should log it on the "fun finds" thread, although "fun" wouldn't be the word of choice, since it's more than a touch bittersweet...


Come on, stop teasing, you KNOW I want to hear that story!

> Not-so-Recent Fun Finds • Page 29 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

=
afoolandhis$ wrote:The PHB went, too. 3rd pint, according to the seller...a bit high on that one, I guess.

Heh, heh... you were quick to check, Stephen!

More than a bit high "by the book", but unless it's my imagination a 3rd PHB usually/often(?) sells for more than a 3rd MM. (For some unknown reason, if so).
But certainly not often that close to a 1st MM price....

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:43 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:More than a bit high "by the book", but unless it's my imagination a 3rd PHB usually/often(?) sells for more than a 3rd MM. (For some unknown reason, if so).
But certainly not often that close to a 1st MM price....

Forget by the book, the bidder's a fanatic:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1  8O

 YIM  

User avatar

Active Collector

Posts: 84
Joined: May 05, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2019
Location: Manitowoc, WI

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:12 am 
 

Sorry, went a little nuts there.

 ICQ YIM  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:17 am 
 

yaya wrote:Sorry, went a little nuts there.

Hey no worries, it's your money.  The first two made sense, in my opinion that Eldritch bid was a wee bit high.   :wink:

 YIM  


Active Collector

Posts: 92
Joined: Feb 15, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 07, 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:54 pm 
 

Yeah well - you can never spend too much on NAKED CHICK ON ALTAR ABOUT TO BE SACRIFICED!  D&D is the coolest, ever.



 WWW ICQ  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1092
Joined: Nov 07, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 24, 2020
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:03 pm 
 

TSR AD&D Rulebook - MONSTER MANUAL - 1977 - FIRST PRINT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 53743&rd=1

9 days left, opening bid $7.50.



 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1092
Joined: Nov 07, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 24, 2020
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:12 pm 
 

Softback vrare - Monster manual - december 1978 3rd
Games workshop motif inside cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 65308&rd=1

9 days left, Uk auction with opening bid of $1.85.  Asked about the "Games workshop motif inside cover."



 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:18 pm 
 

muaddib5 wrote:Softback vrare - Monster manual - december 1978 3rd
Games workshop motif inside cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 65308&rd=1

9 days left, Uk auction with opening bid of $1.85. Asked about the "Games workshop motif inside cover."


US bidders may want to note the $30.00 shipping to the Americas charge though. 8O


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:41 pm 
 

Heya! Great to have ya back! :D
(...even if you're going to be posting all those items other ppl might've thought only they had noticed... ;))
muaddib5 wrote:Softback vrare - Monster manual - december 1978 3rd
Games workshop motif inside cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 65308&rd=1

Even the UK postage (~$9) is a bit steep...

The third print GW MM is a lot less rare than the first two (by a whole notch on the Acaeum scale, IMHO) and the condition of that copy might be rougher than expected. (Ask questions, if interested).

JM-02-cents, anyhow.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:01 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Heya! Great to have ya back! :D
(...even if you're going to be posting all those items other ppl might've thought only they had noticed... ;))
*grumble* Guess it's a little bit of hubris on my part to think others don't notice these things.  Although it's a given that you do, David!  :wink:  I may need to auction off my car to get the Paypal balance high enough to compete...  :lol:

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:42 pm 
 

Guess I might as well post that yet-another-rarity-5 First Quest, then! :P
UK sale, as usual, but appears to be in better condition than those other two copies a month or so back which weren't noted on here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4728079906
$6 with under 8 days to go (10 day auction)

=

(Hopefully you don't need to sell your car, just for a well worn 3rd MM, <deimos>? :?
Would expect a really good copy for that kind of money, I'd've hoped! ;))

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:03 pm 
 

Warning: horribly off topic!
harami2000 wrote:(Hopefully you don't need to sell your car, just for a well worn 3rd MM, <deimos>? :?
Would expect a really good copy for that kind of money, I'd've hoped! ;))

You haven't seen my car!  :lol: If anybody's interested in a beat up 1995 Lumina that won't quite fit in my garage let me know...(shipping will be in a very large bubble mailer, please email for a quote)  :lol:

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:31 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:
muaddib5 wrote:Softback vrare - Monster manual - december 1978 3rd
Games workshop motif inside cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 65308&rd=1

9 days left, Uk auction with opening bid of $1.85. Asked about the "Games workshop motif inside cover."


US bidders may want to note the $30.00 shipping to the Americas charge though. 8O


well if anyone in the states wants to have it mailed to me first, i will then forward it on at whatever the normal postal rate would be.....just thought i would offer :)



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:32 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Guess I might as well post that yet-another-rarity-5 First Quest, then! :P
UK sale, as usual, but appears to be in better condition than those other two copies a month or so back which weren't noted on here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4728079906
$6 with under 8 days to go (10 day auction)


not as nice as the one i got some time ago. cover ex, record minty mint (got something nice for once)



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:34 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Guess I might as well post that yet-another-rarity-5 First Quest, then! :P
UK sale, as usual, but appears to be in better condition than those other two copies a month or so back which weren't noted on here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4728079906
$6 with under 8 days to go (10 day auction)

not as nice as the one i got some time ago. cover ex, record minty mint (got something nice for once)

Better than the original copy they had up for sale, then? :) :)
(IIRC, yours was a (genuine!) second offer from the same seller).

Yeah, there have been at least another two since then, but this latest is possibly in better condition than it appears. Guess they should've taken off that protective sleeve to confirm that! (*points to tab at right*)

==

deimos3428 wrote:Warning: horribly off topic!
If anybody's interested in a beat up 1995 Lumina that won't quite fit in my garage let me know...(shipping will be in a very large bubble mailer, please email for a quote) :lol:

Aww... no M-Bag shipping?? :cry:

:twisted:

==

No-one yet taken a gamble on the Cthulhoid D&DG from the seller with the $10 Gamelords stuff for sale? (albeit no Credit Cards on PayPal and a smallish, trimmed scan...).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5196749924
$44 BIN

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:59 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:(IIRC, yours was a (genuine!) second offer from the same seller).


yeah the guy came through good on that one, but that was only cos i was the highest bidder on his "reserve not met", so he relisted it as a BIN to me.

tbh i wasnt really that bothered in relation to the cover. i have many records still, and ok i am a little anal with them cos anyone is on pain-of-death if they touch them, but to me, the vinyl is the most important - it is so rare these days to get top notch vinyl from many moons ago in the best condition possible.

i was very happy with it and i guess thats the main thing in the end isnt it?

mind you...am currently buying a load of shelving to park all these boxes on that is filling my back room right now. judges guild is now 75% of my collection eek - great fun to see it all there now tho! mind you, my boss was not impressed with the postman complaining at her cos i had 3 m-bags and 3 boxes arrive in 2 days :)



  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 100123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 9899100