Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1111234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:03 pm 

Marlith wrote:Anybody feel like duking it out with Cougar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Better value on this lot the kitty's been mouthing at... ;)

32 modules (decent condition) plus Fighting wheel.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5166569551
$46 with 2 1/2 days to go

(seller has a few other useful items, currently at reasonable prices)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:28 am 

Aussie G1 in a lot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:51 am 

What is the large fold out map from? Is that part of B1 or G1? I don't recall seeing it before.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:36 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

What is the large fold out map from? Is that part of B1 or G1? I don't recall seeing it before.

Geomorphs stuck together?

And I suppose I might as well kiss my snipe goodbye now that it's public!  :(

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:53 am 

johnhuck wrote:And I suppose I might as well kiss my snipe goodbye now that it's public! :(

*g*. Was already well spotted, John... ;)

Seller is gonna have fun if they get told to "keep the rest"!

=

9 Polys range from #28 (=R5) - # 39; short auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5166943806
at $1.99 opening with 1 1/2 days to go

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:18 am 

Marlith wrote:Anybody feel like duking it out with Cougar?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Not for a listing with about a third of it being Dragon Lance.... never did get into it...
The only Non-DL item in that listing that I might be interested in I already have 6 copies of, two of them SW, so nope...

Nice picture though.  :roll:  Shows lots of clarity and detail doesn't it? 8O

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:05 pm 

I think the seller is one of our own, but looks like a good lot anyway:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:13 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I think the seller is one of our own, but looks like a good lot anyway:

Yep, I am pretty sure that is Sotterraneo.   :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:I think the seller is one of our own, but looks like a good lot anyway:

Yep, I am pretty sure that is Sotterraneo.  :D

Yes, that's me. Now I have a very good ADSL connection from home, you will see much more auctioning from Italy  8O  :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:54 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
mdr003 wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

Some interesting stuff. A total of 65 mags, a combination of roleplaying and wargaming. Early SpaceGamers (#2 - #14), plus others including Gryphon, Pegasus, Spartan, F&M, General, Nexus etc etc.

$45 for shipping...ouch! Thats from Oregon to Tacoma, WA!

I won an auction of 59 Dragon mags from OR and it only cost me $12 shipping.

YOU complain? I was landed a shipping bill of $ 130  8O  8O  8O  being told to choose between USPS Parcel Post or UPS Ground (still more expensive and with a high risk of customs fees...). Argh! If the package is not here very fast, I'll claim my money from PayPal very quickly.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:05 pm 

Sotterraneo wrote:YOU complain? I was landed a shipping bill of $ 130 8O 8O 8O being told to choose between USPS Parcel Post or UPS Ground (still more expensive and with a high risk of customs fees...).

And that's after you pointed out it's against eBay rules to overcharge on shipping?
(That's 2 * 25 kilo M-Bags by surface mail plus a $30 handling charge, I think).

Do "books" not count as zero-rated with regards import/customs duty into Italy?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:35 pm 

Sotterraneo wrote:
Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
$45 for shipping...ouch! Thats from Oregon to Tacoma, WA!

I won an auction of 59 Dragon mags from OR and it only cost me $12 shipping.

YOU complain? I was landed a shipping bill of $ 130 8O 8O 8O being told to choose between USPS Parcel Post or UPS Ground (still more expensive and with a high risk of customs fees...). Argh! If the package is not here very fast, I'll claim my money from PayPal very quickly.

There is a big difference between around the world and a 2 hour drive to this sellers doorstep! He even charges a $5 handling fee for local pick-ups!
I wonder if he charges that for people who come in off the street?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:10 pm 

Re. "Warriors of Mars".
mdr003 wrote:So with the background, any sympathy I had for the seller has disappeared. Especially if Fisher actually pays him the $450.

Apparently he did. Just received this:

To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 11:55 PM
Subject: Question from eBay Member

Message From eBay Member  

Dear harami2000,

Hey thanks alot for your high bid, I got a ton of cash for that book ;)

Thank you,
keepontheborderlands

==

Which is interesting, since I didn't have a placed bid in the final auction analysis.

Apparently he's also clueless enough to not know what a "bid retraction" is (not that I really wanted one of those on my record).

*shrugs*
The world has moved on...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:28 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Re. "Warriors of Mars".
mdr003 wrote:So with the background, any sympathy I had for the seller has disappeared. Especially if Fisher actually pays him the $450.

Apparently he did. Just received this:

To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 11:55 PM
Subject: Question from eBay Member

Message From eBay Member  

Dear harami2000,

Hey thanks alot for your high bid, I got a ton of cash for that book ;)

Thank you,
keepontheborderlands

==

Which is interesting, since I didn't have a placed bid in the final auction analysis.

Apparently he's also clueless enough to not know what a "bid retraction" is (not that I really wanted one of those on my record).

*shrugs*
The world has moved on...

See for me that email would be cause for some serious retribution, regradless of the fact that you retracted your bid :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
In reality I could really care less that some schmuck spent probably 3 times the real value of the book, but his intent to try to rub my nose in it is what cause me to make him pay the price.  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:01 pm 

SR #1 still not OTT price-wise;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5956574656
$14.50 with <1 day to go

(seller has others plus two key "Astounding Stories" in vaguely decent condition... :P
No sign of Couerl, though... :()

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:01 pm 

eBay.com Item Bid History

430.00 wow.

two bidders > double your bid Aneoth.

I thought the final bid would exceed $200, but $430, wow.

It looks like I will have to increase my disposable income if I want to become a "winner".

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:17 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:eBay.com Item Bid History

430.00 wow.

It looks like I will have to increase my disposable income if I want to become a "winner".

I wouldn't fret too much about that. Those are some nice first print AD&D books, and the Dark Tower certainly helped, but IMO (and taking the PHB, MM, & DMG at a price of $75.00 each) that top bidder overpaid by at least $100.00 on that lot, if not more. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:36 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:eBay.com Item Bid History
430.00 wow.

I was nearly at my limit when I was finally able to get above your high bid. I was never able to get any answers to my major inquiries from the seller, so I stopped bidding. Like my grandpa always told me when we played family poker together.

:roll: "I never bought a pig in a poke, and I aint startin' now!" :roll:

You see he would NEVER play a poker game we called Mexican Sweat (some folks called it "No-Peek").....

Mexican Sweat: Each player is dealt 7 cards face down and is not allowed to look at ANY of the 7 down cards until they had bet that their hand would beat the hand just to their right (Beginning with the top card from the left over stack after the dealer finishes dealing 7 cards to each player face down. The top card of the left over stack is turned over by the dealer and then the first player to the left of the dealer Bets if he thinks that he can beat that single card with his 7 cards. Then after the betting is over for that round, he begins turning one card at a time over, until one card, or some combination of more than one card beats the left over stacks top card. Once he beats the top card, he stops turning his cards over, and then the next player bets that he can beat the previous players hand the same way with one, some or all of his as yet unexpsosed cards. (Later players must beat ONLY the currently exposed cards of the player to the right of them)

Each successive player to the left of the last one to turn cards over then bets whether they can beat the last persons exposed cards, and so on, until all 7 of everyone's cards are turned over, or until all but one player gives up. (Folds their hands).

If you do "Peek" out of hand, then you must fold your hand and match the pot, loosing all of that money to whomever eventually wins that hand...

Sometimes, it was a tough game to take. It took no skill at all; just dumb luck that your hand was better than everyone else's hand, since no one was allowed to "Peek" before betting. And yet it almost always resulted in nice huge piles of poker chips in the middle of the table.....

Oh and please Don't ask me what a poke is. I never was able to pry that information out of my Grandpa.... and he passed away over twenty years ago. You would think that my dad would have told me at some point, but he won't tell me either….

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1111234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 109110111