Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 58 of 111123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Am I mistaken, or haven't we seen this one before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Ahh.......Aneoth's first print Monster Manual AGAIN. Lets see how well he does this time without shilling it. :roll:

That's what I thought.  Bad enough that he's shilling it, but somehow even worse knowing that it's Aneoth's.   :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:05 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:And how about this one: 100% B.S., or 99% B.S. and 1% pure evil?

Hmmm, this sounds disturbingly plausible to me, and further underscores the need to add info about the dice that appeared in the various box sets and how to match them up to the various Acaeum product descriptions.  IMO :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:19 am 

While you can never say for sure -- it sounds like another BS story to me.  Especially considering the seller in question.  The swirling looks very intentional, and was probably a third-party dice company who released them.  "Not cleaning the vats" would not result in such a uniform swirl (though admittedly, I'm no expert in the dice-making process).

Amazing the resources that Keepontheborderlands is able to marshal, though.  We should consider him for the research team.

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:07 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:And how about this one: 100% B.S., or 99% B.S. and 1% pure evil?

100% BS, IIRC the original dice were sharp-edged-caltrops-from-hell.  The dice in the picture have rounded edges (apparent from the glare off the D8).  The only simularity is the fact that they are uninked.

~jeff

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:09 am 

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

Really surprised this didn't go higher...am I the only one who thinks there's something wrong with that so-called 6th printing box?

(It's got no starburst, but also has no price.  So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum.  Someone call the research team... :) )

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:35 am 

deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

Really surprised this didn't go higher...am I the only one who thinks there's something wrong with that so-called 6th printing box?

(It's got no starburst, but also has no price. So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum. Someone call the research team... :) )

Looks like you've discovered a sixth minus?

:?

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:57 am 

rosenkav wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

(It's got no starburst, but also has no price. So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum. Someone call the research team... :) )

Far too early to make that distinction, and I don't have it in my hands to do any research.  I believe the buyer is one of us but I don't know their Acaeum name or I'd be pestering them by now. ;)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:00 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Far too early to make that distinction, and I don't have it in my hands to do any research. I believe the buyer is one of us but I don't know their Acaeum name or I'd be pestering them by now. ;)

I can probably help you there, but I can't get on Ebay Canada from work. What is the user ID?

deimos3428 wrote:(It's got no starburst, but also has no price. So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum. Someone call the research team... :) )

BTW, was that a shot earlier at my research team idea?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:02 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
rosenkav wrote:

Far too early to make that distinction, and I don't have it in my hands to do any research. I believe the buyer is one of us but I don't know their Acaeum name or I'd be pestering them by now. ;)

I'd be VERY interested in seeing more about that one...had the sinking suspicion I was overlooking something when I saw the bids going so high.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Far too early to make that distinction, and I don't have it in my hands to do any research. I believe the buyer is one of us but I don't know their Acaeum name or I'd be pestering them by now. ;)

I can probably help you there, but I can't get on Ebay Canada from work. What is the user ID?

deimos3428 wrote:(It's got no starburst, but also has no price. So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum. Someone call the research team... :) )

BTW, was that a shot earlier at my research team idea?

It was dungeonmaster1968.  Isn't that Sotteraneo's ebay ID?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:07 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:It was dungeonmaster1968. Isn't that Sotteraneo's ebay ID?

yes it is. :wink:
==========================================
Ahh..... after modifying the link to address, I can see them now. :twisted: It might be a situation where boxes got mixed up and thus the lack of a starburst. Its for both a fifth and sixth printing so maybe there was a 3rd box set (or more for that matter 8O ) that the seller owned that maybe he got mixed up putting the sets together. Or possibly by judging by the condition of the top of the one set, maybe if he had multiple sets, it could be that the other boxes were destroyed.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:BTW, was that a shot earlier at my research team idea?

Absolutely not.  Just attempting to demonstrate why we need the team.  The box I'm referring to has no starburst and no price, therefore it can't be a 4th/5th box, which would have no starburst but would have the price (according to our current descriptions, anyway).  So either our descriptions are flawed, or it's a new find.  Or both.  Or something else.  Hopefully Sotteraneo can provide details once he receives the lot.  :wink:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:41 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:BTW, was that a shot earlier at my research team idea?

Absolutely not. Just attempting to demonstrate why we need the team. The box I'm referring to has no starburst and no price, therefore it can't be a 4th/5th box, which would have no starburst but would have the price (according to our current descriptions, anyway). So either our descriptions are flawed, or it's a new find. Or both. Or something else. Hopefully Sotteraneo can provide details once he receives the lot. :wink:

Hrm... :o  Yea, on second look that is definitely something out of the ordinary. Upon review, it cant possibly be a mix up in the boxes as I thought that it might be. It could be an actual printing error though. This will be interesting to see what comes of this. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:51 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hrm... :o  Yea, on second look that is definitely something out of the ordinary. Upon review, it cant possibly be a mix up in the boxes as I thought that it might be. It could be an actual printing error though. This willbe interestig to see what comes of this. :?

It looks like an "OCE" box withouth the starburst.  Is it just me, or does the "Rules for..." font look slightly different?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:53 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:It looks like an "OCE" box withouth the starburst. Is it just me, or does the "Rules for..." font look slightly different?

I have enlarged the pic and put side by side with mine.

It looks like my fifth print.

Sans the price.

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:59 pm 

check out this guy's feedback...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:08 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:check out this guy's feedback...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1

The seller is from Virginia, as well...and note the excessive use of double exclamation points. Look like anyone we know?

[edit]
And now that you've gone and made me suspicious, look at the bidding history.  Four newbies bidding in even $5 increments.  Maybe they're real, maybe one or more are shills.  One of the newbies has a 50% feedback rating already.  

Sure it's a lot of stuff, but there's very little continuity in the lot.  It doesn't look like a newbie-friendly auction to me...looks like something a reseller would target, so I find it very odd that four newbies are in a bidding war over it.  Newbies can be rather unpredictable...but this auction seems "off" to me.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:23 pm 

I was scared stupid by the rating.  And there's some fun stuff in there too.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 58 of 111123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 109110111