Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 111123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:33 am 

harami2000 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*sits back to enjoy*

Thought y'all might like to know how "strong" <giorgiobarilli>'s three bids were:
eBay.com Item Bid History
$600, $700 and $???
(Hrmm... have seen their nick around before, so presume they know what a woodgrain box looks like ;)).

Just under 3 hours left.

Hi harami2000, I can't imagine my bidding on the white box caused so much rumours. Giorgio Barilli is my name (when I registered to ebay I chose the easy way ...).  
I know that it is not the woodgrain box but I want that white box as a present for a friend of mine. I now it's not cheap, but ... friendship is more valuable, to me.
By the way, I won some auction from JONB etc but I really don't know who he is!! I've learnt, reading this forum, that you don't like him (her, them???) very much ... but I cannot understand what's happened ...
Please, tell me more.
I hope I didn't offend anybody: I found these forums very interesting.
Ciao a tutti

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:06 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote::D I definitely had both yourself and Frank in mind when I sent Ebay the email. I am pleaseantly but very surprised when they acted very quickly. Maybe someone should email him now a copy of the email he sent you a couple months ago and ask him how his EBay sales are doing now. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: He who laughs last, always laughs best. :P :lol:

Hrmm... I hadn't been thinking about that, but now ya come to mention it... :D
Yeah, was pretty obnoxious, both times.

Only hope he follows-through on the deals which hadn't been completed when he was booted... :?

Hey, I just received an email from our good friend Keepontheborderlands(as well as my response of course :wink: ). I figured I'd post it here because he is too much of a p*ssy to post here himself. What else would you expect from him though. :roll:
Yeah, I will be sure to do that. BTW, has was your suspension for shilling anyway? I'll be keeping an eye on your auctions for you just to make that doesn't happen again. ;o)
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:29 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Question from eBay Member

This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system. If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the member and not through eBay.

Message From eBay Member

Marketplace Safety Tip

If this email is an offer to sell an item without winning it on the eBay Web site (including Second Chance Offers sent through this email system) please do not respond to the sender.
These "outside-of-eBay" transactions are unsafe and not covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram.
These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.

If this email is inappropriate or violates eBay policy, please help protect other eBay community members by reporting it to us immediately.

Dear bclarkie,

Hey, how you doing? read what you said on the acaeum. I cant stop laughing. Hey, say hi to deadlord36 and the rest for me, thanks:)

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
keepontheborderlands

Hey Keep, since I know that you are reading this. _|_

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:22 am 

Interesting: I haven't seen an AG promotional poster before:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Divine Right at $50:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 23914&rd=1

2nd printing Dungeon board game in the UK for about $20:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 63236&rd=1
(same seller also has Sorcerer's Cave + Expansion Pack from Gibson Games, but that's all it of interest)

Nice UK Boot Hill 2nd edition box set:

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:38 pm 

Am I mistaken, or haven't we seen this one before?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:40 pm 

And how about this one:  100% B.S., or 99% B.S. and 1% pure evil?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:39 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Am I mistaken, or haven't we seen this one before?

Ahh.......Aneoth's first print Monster Manual AGAIN.  Lets see how well he does this time without shilling it. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Am I mistaken, or haven't we seen this one before?

Ahh.......Aneoth's first print Monster Manual AGAIN. Lets see how well he does this time without shilling it. :roll:

That's what I thought.  Bad enough that he's shilling it, but somehow even worse knowing that it's Aneoth's.   :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:05 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:And how about this one: 100% B.S., or 99% B.S. and 1% pure evil?

Hmmm, this sounds disturbingly plausible to me, and further underscores the need to add info about the dice that appeared in the various box sets and how to match them up to the various Acaeum product descriptions.  IMO :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:19 am 

While you can never say for sure -- it sounds like another BS story to me.  Especially considering the seller in question.  The swirling looks very intentional, and was probably a third-party dice company who released them.  "Not cleaning the vats" would not result in such a uniform swirl (though admittedly, I'm no expert in the dice-making process).

Amazing the resources that Keepontheborderlands is able to marshal, though.  We should consider him for the research team.

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:07 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:And how about this one: 100% B.S., or 99% B.S. and 1% pure evil?

100% BS, IIRC the original dice were sharp-edged-caltrops-from-hell.  The dice in the picture have rounded edges (apparent from the glare off the D8).  The only simularity is the fact that they are uninked.

~jeff

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:09 am 

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

Really surprised this didn't go higher...am I the only one who thinks there's something wrong with that so-called 6th printing box?

(It's got no starburst, but also has no price.  So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum.  Someone call the research team... :) )

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:35 am 

deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

Really surprised this didn't go higher...am I the only one who thinks there's something wrong with that so-called 6th printing box?

(It's got no starburst, but also has no price. So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum. Someone call the research team... :) )

Looks like you've discovered a sixth minus?

:?

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:57 am 

rosenkav wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

(It's got no starburst, but also has no price. So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum. Someone call the research team... :) )

Far too early to make that distinction, and I don't have it in my hands to do any research.  I believe the buyer is one of us but I don't know their Acaeum name or I'd be pestering them by now. ;)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:00 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Far too early to make that distinction, and I don't have it in my hands to do any research. I believe the buyer is one of us but I don't know their Acaeum name or I'd be pestering them by now. ;)

I can probably help you there, but I can't get on Ebay Canada from work. What is the user ID?

deimos3428 wrote:(It's got no starburst, but also has no price. So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum. Someone call the research team... :) )

BTW, was that a shot earlier at my research team idea?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:02 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
rosenkav wrote:

Far too early to make that distinction, and I don't have it in my hands to do any research. I believe the buyer is one of us but I don't know their Acaeum name or I'd be pestering them by now. ;)

I'd be VERY interested in seeing more about that one...had the sinking suspicion I was overlooking something when I saw the bids going so high.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Far too early to make that distinction, and I don't have it in my hands to do any research. I believe the buyer is one of us but I don't know their Acaeum name or I'd be pestering them by now. ;)

I can probably help you there, but I can't get on Ebay Canada from work. What is the user ID?

deimos3428 wrote:(It's got no starburst, but also has no price. So it's none of the printings we have listed on Acaeum. Someone call the research team... :) )

BTW, was that a shot earlier at my research team idea?

It was dungeonmaster1968.  Isn't that Sotteraneo's ebay ID?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:07 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:It was dungeonmaster1968. Isn't that Sotteraneo's ebay ID?

yes it is. :wink:
==========================================
Ahh..... after modifying the link to address, I can see them now. :twisted: It might be a situation where boxes got mixed up and thus the lack of a starburst. Its for both a fifth and sixth printing so maybe there was a 3rd box set (or more for that matter 8O ) that the seller owned that maybe he got mixed up putting the sets together. Or possibly by judging by the condition of the top of the one set, maybe if he had multiple sets, it could be that the other boxes were destroyed.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:BTW, was that a shot earlier at my research team idea?

Absolutely not.  Just attempting to demonstrate why we need the team.  The box I'm referring to has no starburst and no price, therefore it can't be a 4th/5th box, which would have no starburst but would have the price (according to our current descriptions, anyway).  So either our descriptions are flawed, or it's a new find.  Or both.  Or something else.  Hopefully Sotteraneo can provide details once he receives the lot.  :wink:

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 111123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 109110111