Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 56 of 111123 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:43 pm 

Much, much worse than the kitty.  The kitty is just a lamer with delusions of grandeur.  jonb/ETC is just a thief.  In fact, there is a whole thread related to him on this forum.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:16 pm 

NICE UK LOT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5186986000

imortal box set + a bunch others

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:16 pm 

Seems the kitty has smartened up a bit.  Check the bid history on that auction.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:15 pm 

Sorry about this but it made me laugh!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 61251&rd=1
see cougars other items for sale at the moment as well - some stretch the D&D category to its limits (Fred Flintstone alarm clock 8O )

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:50 pm 

Traveller wrote:Much, much worse than the kitty. The kitty is just a lamer with delusions of grandeur. jonb/ETC is just a thief. In fact, there is a whole thread related to him on this forum.

Are you (collectively) talking about jonb7839 ?  If so, I've had very positive emails back and forth with him---he seems like a good dealer.  If he's a thief, I'm definitely interested in hearing more details, before I place any bids!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:41 am 

refer to the return of the eastern treasure chest thread - it's the commonly held belief that jonb7839 is the current incarnation of this scumbag. If things run to form he will build up +ve feedback and then start robbing people left, right & centre.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:47 am 

Gro, you are playing with fire if you bid on his stuff. Be careful.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:52 am 

Yeah, and maybe someone should send Hugh G. Rection a warning, too.  Seems like he's bidding on a lot of jonbGHCI's stuff.  Oh, sorry, I meant jonb7839's stuff.  Don't know how I could have made that slip.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:49 pm 

Dragon Archive, 11 hours to go, still at $33....

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... Track=true

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:00 am 

grodog wrote:
Traveller wrote:Much, much worse than the kitty. The kitty is just a lamer with delusions of grandeur. jonb/ETC is just a thief. In fact, there is a whole thread related to him on this forum.

Are you (collectively) talking about jonb7839 ? If so, I've had very positive emails back and forth with him---he seems like a good dealer. If he's a thief, I'm definitely interested in hearing more details, before I place any bids!

He's just way beyond hinky. First he denies any connection with ETC/GE when his standard listings are exactly the same down form and language to the exact same descriptions and way of representing his products (i.e. referring to EVERYTHING as rare, , lots of caps, etc).  He seems to be selling a lot of stuff Game Emporium purchased right before they disappeared. Then when confronted, most suspiciously comes forth with a very lame story that his "brother" died and left two storage sheds full of gaming stuff that he knew "nothing" about, he just wanted to sell the stuff and get rid of it.  Yet he shows an uncanny ability to pick out the MOST valuable items and list them with surprisingly accurate descriptions, as well as begin bidding on other D&D items from other sellers (when his avowed intention was to only sell the items he came into possession of).  Now, for someone finding themselves in possession of such a largesse they have to dispose of, it seems rather odd they would ADD to it by purchasing more, especially since they supposedly don't know anything about D&D stuff!
 But based on my rational I posted a few weeks ago, if you dont' mind trying to beat a thief and liar at his own game, his pattern seems to be building up postiive feedback and then ripping off his customers a few months down the road.  That being said, anyone buying from him should be ok for the first few months...with percentages of getting your items going down slightly each month afterwards.  Warning signs will be excuses from Jon dealing with either illness in the family or with him, school taking up too much time, computer virus messing up his files, or a totally new line of bull.  
    The moral here is "Buyer Beware", and if you bought from ETC/GE before and got ripped off, bidding on items from Jon brings the familiar phrase "Dog going back to his vomit" to my mind.  

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:11 pm 

Well deimos, so much for no one noticing:

offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... 5186939431

Thats pretty feckin crazy.  8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:11 pm 

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 5186939431
8O  Holy !@#$  8O

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:13 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well deimos, so much for no one noticing:

offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... 5186939431

Thats pretty feckin crazy. 8O

No kidding.  And here I thought we were being all hush hush. ;)
Maybe we'll have to worm this into the valuations after all...but I don't see how.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:32 pm 

I wonder if the winner actually even thought it'd get close to that mark?

Bit of a jump at the end is an understatement 8O

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:37 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:I wonder if the winner actually even thought it'd get close to that mark?

I wonder at the evaluation - how could you split that to include the prices in the Acaeum price list?

1/3 per book and that's all?

:?

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:38 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:I wonder if the winner actually even thought it'd get close to that mark?

I know, and here I was teetering back and forth wondering if I should place one final bid. 8O  I wonder what Stephen(aka bombadil-tom/afoolandhis$) is going to say when he gets home tonight. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:42 pm 

rosenkav wrote:

I wonder at the evaluation - how could you split that to include the prices in the Acaeum price list?

1/3 per book and that's all?

:?

Can't really do that.  The MM is essentially a write-off; the PHB while nice is not the main feature here.  It'd be too difficult to figure out how much of the final auction price was the DMG, though...but I guess it gives everyone an idea what to bid next time ;)

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:06 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Can't really do that. The MM is essentially a write-off; the PHB while nice is not the main feature here. It'd be too difficult to figure out how much of the final auction price was the DMG, though...but I guess it gives everyone an idea what to bid next time ;)

That's one way to get the prices spiral out of control, I s'pose.

Was expecting the final to be around $125-150, though; certainly not quite so high. (And that was allowing a lot more for the PHB than the valuation list).

So, whilst that was going on, no-one wanted the SW'd G1 I mentioned, then?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5186927135
(volatile prices/demand, again...?)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 56 of 111123 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 109110111