The Ultimate Poll
Poll: Giving the Choice would you purchase

Poll ended at Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:35 pm
A) A Very Good copy of that Juicy Rare Item from a reputable seller who packages securely and promptly 48%       48%  [ 11 ]
B) A Mint copy of the same Rare from a less reputable WOTC monkey, shipped packed with peanut shells and reeking of Freon 9%       9%  [ 2 ]
C) I really don't give a shit cos my Dick is bigger than Maxwell's anyway 43%       43%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 23

Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:35 pm 

Ok I don't post much on here but after seeing the board (and ebay) swamped by Maxwell's egotistical rambling I thought I'd put a poll up.
Maxwell states that the Acaeum is full of his enemies but loads of people buy from him regardless.
Now's the time to decide which camp your in (No fence sitting allowed)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:35 am 

I tried to do A AND C, but it wasn't an option.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:43 pm 

I like Maxwell.

If it were not for he and Deadlord36 I would spend my lunch break reading about nothing but rusty staples and the evils of pdfs.

If he ever auctioned something that I wanted, then I would bid.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:00 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:.....If it were not for he and Deadlord36 I would spend my lunch break reading about nothing but rusty staples and the evils of pdfs.

Well said and I agree with most of your statement.

And, if given a choice of only the top two in the list above then I would usually choose number one.... but not always..... as I have been known to take chances on high quality and rare items.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:37 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:I like Maxwell.

If it were not for he and Deadlord36 I would spend my lunch break reading about nothing but rusty staples and the evils of pdfs.

Yes, and he MIGHT even send it to you. Or refund you 500% of the price.
I'm on Maxie's side of the fence. The Acaeum can get a bit stale without someone to laugh at.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:44 am 

Mmmmm, freon!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:25 am 

Well I am doing lots of selling. Seems ebay is still functional even with my listings up. Why jagd, did you think I was that powerful to shut ebay down? Silly rabbit.

Or is it possible that you are jealous of my auctions? A little mad you don't have enough stuff to be able to dump what I have so far? If you are interested you can send me a PM and I will sell only to you. No need to whine. I am an equal opportunity type of guy. You can have some too.

Deadlord is right. I will give a refund if your unhappy and I WILL send it to you. :D

Sounding a little whiny to me. Did I attack you jagd or did you just decide to get on the I hate maxie-maxine-maxipad-maxarama-maxidicus-maxacellophane-whatever bandwagon? Putz! 8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:08 am 

maxwell wrote:Well I am doing lots of selling. Seems ebay is still functional even with my listings up. Why jagd, did you think I was that powerful to shut ebay down? Silly rabbit.

Or is it possible that you are jealous of my auctions? A little mad you don't have enough stuff to be able to dump what I have so far? If you are interested you can send me a PM and I will sell only to you. No need to whine. I am an equal opportunity type of guy. You can have some too.

Deadlord is right. I will give a refund if your unhappy and I WILL send it to you. :D

Sounding a little whiny to me. Did I attack you jagd or did you just decide to get on the I hate maxie-maxine-maxipad-maxarama-maxidicus-maxacellophane-whatever bandwagon? Putz! 8)

i know, this is a perfect opportunity for the two to have it at each other in "the Acaeum Arena", armed with spoons. that would be fun :)

we could even auction tickets to watch too and equally share the spoils :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:11 pm 

maxwell wrote:Well I am doing lots of selling..............Deadlord is right. I will give a refund if your unhappy and I WILL send it to you. :D

I agree:
Maxwell is indeed doing a lot of selling on E-Bay. As such I am currently (And always have been) watching his listings. And now that Maxwell has permitted me to once again bid on his listings, then I may very well do so.

And yes, I sometimes watch darkies auctions too..... although I have been banned from bidding on them too. But, that is a different story.  8)

The high quality of Maxwell's listings on E-Bay has (To my knowledge) never EVER been in question. His listings almost always consist of items of the highest quality available.

I have been buying items from E-Bay listings for several years now and I have not often seen a better arrangement of both diversity and quality than those offered in Maxwell's Auctions.

A couple of months back, there was a problem with the delivery method made of some of the auction items that I had won in his listings on E-Bay during that time. I had won about 6 or 7 different listings and the items were all combined (At my request), but the shipping method used was not the best choice that might have been made, and damage was done to some of the items during shipping.

I am sure that he was none too happy about the overall situation at the time and he certainly could have made different choices in his use of language in his E-Mails to me, but the thing is that in the end Maxwell made it right, as he ultimately resolved the problem to a higher level than my own expectations.

Maxwell is a seller of high quality items that I happen to enjoy collecting; he is not now and never has been my drinking buddy....

So I have no problems with him in that regard and I would bid on his auctions again. If something he has listed on E-Bay comes up that I want, or that I might need to fill a vacancy in my own collection, then I will likely bid on that item. And furthermore, I will do so with the confidence that the transaction will be completed to our mutual satisfaction. He knows that I will pay immediately and I know that he will deliver the product. What else need we each do?

At worst, he may need some attitude adjustment (Other than the left handed cigarette kind), and he may well need additional maturation to reach a level of refinement to satisfy some here, but IMO he is not dishonest in regards to his E-Bay listings and as far as I know he always resolves problems that might arise from them.

What the heck else do you folks want from the guy? If you want a drinking buddy, then perhaps you should look elsewhere and keep your relationship with Maxwell at the level of buyer/seller. Or not, it is your choice to make.

Give the guy a break folks, and move on to something new.... :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:28 pm 

Aneoth wrote:What the heck else do you folks want from the guy? If you want a drinking buddy, then perhaps you should look elsewhere and keep your relationship with Maxwell at the level of buyer/seller. Or not, it is your choice to make.

Give the guy a break folks, and move on to something new.... :roll:

Other than what appears to be occasionally not shipping items, I don't think anyone has too many issues with his selling. It is the "I am an RPG demigod" attitude that doesn't fit in.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:59 pm 

Well I never said I was a RPG demigod ( I dont think I did at least). What I did say was I have a collection much larger than most on ACAEUM and I have not seen any proof at least by anyone selling lots that it is not true. Sure I think their are resellers that dwarf me and of course stores but to the average member is whom I refer too.

I started the entire fab five deal because I beleive it was you deadlord who said I was a pissing puppy and couldnt hold a candle to a couple of members. No your right I cant hold a candle. I held a blast furnace.

Give attitude and you get it. I didnt initally at the very beginning of coming on this site be a jerk. I said something and a FEW folks got all riled with you being the nastiest one. When I didnt cave to you and apologize for saying I had a big collection I was labeled the jerk. Well thats fine with me but lets tell the whole story.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:20 pm 

maxwell wrote:What I did say was I have a collection much larger than most on ACAEUM.

You should know if that's true or not. Because this issues bothers you for a long time now. To know for sure, you could always rerun your poll about collection size from two years ago:

collections in ?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:26 pm 

maxwell wrote:What I did say was I have a collection much larger than most on ACAEUM

There is a difference between having a 'collection' and having 'stock'. Walmart has a bigger CD collection than me, and so do HMV. But they are merchants, and I don't think they consider their CD's to be 'collections'; probably just 'stock'.

Besides, I thought you worked for Wizards of the Coast? Do they not have a problem with you dealing outside of work? (In both your areas of expertise :D ).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:33 pm 

Nice catch, Ralf!
You still can't hold a candle, Maxie. I can guarantee you that just in sheer volume I have you beat, as do many others here.
Do we care? Not a bit.
How many times do you have to be told that it isn't about how much you have? Christ, you're like a floor-shitting puppy. You take a beating, but never learn. I can guarantee you love 3E, and you play D&D as a powergamer/min-maxer.
I think I've verbally raped you enough, so I will stop. I hope someday you wake up and learn what the Acaeum is all about. There is no I in team. There is in Maxie, though...............

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:17 pm 

Ok here we go again. How do you have me beat? Wheres a picture. Ahh I see none. Just mouth. Ralf- I dont have an issue with you I dont get why your on my ass quite a bit. That post shouldnt bug you in the least about the size of my collection.

No once and for all I dont work at wizards so I lied big fucking deal. Got stoned and lied. I am ok with that. If you are not then ban me from the board bigmouth. I ship my stuff and give refunds. From what I have seen Deadlord36 your collection is non existent. If you sell under what name is it? I dont play 3e it sucks. I like hackmaster actually . I love power gamming and the wounds you how?

I am not on your team. And as far as what the acaeum is all about as far as I am concerned it is my place that I can list auctions and look up AD&D shit and argue with you. Nothing else. Foulfoot made a cool site and thats about it.

I love the game as much as anyone else but I wont be taking any shit from you who have been on this site longer like you own the godamn place. Do you own it DEADLORD-JAGD-MBASSOC-RALF-anyone else I missed? Nope didnt think so. Me neither. I contribute just as you do and until foulfoot tells me different you can fuck -off.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:25 pm 

* YAY * :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:33 pm 

I am also interested in the size of people's collections. But you seem to be obsessed with that question. (And obsession is, as we all know, the eighth deadly sin  :wink: ).

Think about that. There are much more important things in life than who's got the bigger dick.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:11 pm 

Erm no Maxie. Like I said I don't post on here much. I just kinda got sick of you filling up the boards with junk.

I never paid much attention to the 'how big is your dick' shenigans when I was 14. Being 34 , I give it even less attention now.
Unfortunately the same cannot be said for you. Quite the reverse in fact.
I thought the Poll might shut you up a little - my mistake.

You don't even know anything about my collection Max. Niether does anyone on here. I don't boast about what I buy or what I have. I don't really care what you have.

Whatever you make from your auction please use it to buy some English lessons. Spelling is so important.

Next