Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:29 pm 

Congrats Jan and the winner.  Amazing price... I too wonder if we'll see more in light of this sale.  Who knew?

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:25 pm 

No doubt a lot of digging thru old boxes will be going on this weekend...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:49 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:If you've used your sniping program to enter your bid for you, please click thru an Acaeum eBay link on the final day (24 hours) of the auction, else I won't get credit!

when will you know whether you got credit for a click thru, assuming the buyer came by here and hit the link first?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:28 pm 

Very late tonight I should know.  I'm not hopeful, as A) the winning bid came (most likely) via a sniping service, and B) it's also highly likely the winning bid didn't come from the Acaeum membership.  If the latter, I'd have no expectation of a commission of course.

What irks me is when I know people are keying in on items that Auction Hunter finds, but I'm not credited because they set up a snipe and forget about it.  That's partially eBay's fault (or plan, as they'd rather not pay commissions), but it still sucks.  I'm working on a partial solution, but it's still a few months to go in development.

Foul

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 pm 

Wow! Well I very much hope that the buyer joins us here on the Acaeum - it would be great if they could share their experiences etc.. (e.g. do they have other prizes in their collection? or ambitions? Would they dare game with the set?).

What this reveals, I think, more than anything else, is the strength of affection which people have for a game which is so iconic -- whether it is in childhood memories, or in its wider role in shaping culture and fiction. Super exciting !  :D  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:34 pm 

another 2nd ed hit.. with expectations,,

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:29 am 

beasterbrook wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:another 2nd ed hit.. with expectations,,

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Lol, you beat me to it......

I do find it funny that they are charging shipping... for that price, I would hand deliver it to the winner

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:33 am 

aww, look who jumped on the band wagon......

TSR ORIGINAL DUNGEONS & DRAGONS D&D BOXED SETS BOOKS WOODGRAIN GYGAX ARNESON VGC

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:35 am 

Sorry, did not know that "He who will not be named...." has the bann hammer on everything related to Him

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 am 

Another from Italy....

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:38 am 

So EditorJan, we'd all like verification that
(a) you got paid okay, and
(b) the buyer is happy with the merchandise received.

Thanks in advance. :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:
Kosh Vorlontay wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:aww, look who jumped on the band wagon......

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sorry, did not know that "He who will not be named...." has the bann hammer on everything related to Him

Can't find the eBay listing for this one.  Did it sell?  Was it removed?  Could you pm me with the name of the seller or item #?

Thanks

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:20 pm 

Whew! What a ride.

Just wanted to report that the piece has been delivered and the buyer has approved. Still sweating out the waiting period for the payment to be made available from PayPal, but the funds are there.

I got a call from the "eBay detectives" yesterday. They started by saying the call would be recorded. "So, can you tell us a little bit about how you came to own the piece you sold on eBay..." A friendly conversation, and they were satisfied, but I was on the hot seat for a while!

I asked permission from the buyer to announce here who they are. If they grant permission I will post it here. Again, thank you for the friendly reception and support through this adventure!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:35 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:Another from Italy....

I think i have seen in the past that set in the Lucca convention... If it is that one, it s a 3rd print. Conditions are well used... Deifinitely a high BIN but if recent trends are confirmed,  i wouldnt be surprised to see it sold...  8O

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:37 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:
Kosh Vorlontay wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:aww, look who jumped on the band wagon......

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sorry prb i miss some relevant info...  Whom are we talking about?  Is the Coug.?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:13 pm 

aia wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:
Kosh Vorlontay wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:Another from Italy....

I think i have seen in the past that set in the Lucca convention... If it is that one, it s a 3rd print. Conditions are well used... Deifinitely a high BIN but if recent trends are confirmed,  i wouldnt be surprised to see it sold...  8O

For a while this has been sitting, listed at around $2600...it jumped up to the current price right after the 1st Print's big sale ;)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 pm 

editorjan_1 wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:Whew! What a ride.

Just wanted to report that the piece has been delivered and the buyer has approved. Still sweating out the waiting period for the payment to be made available from PayPal, but the funds are there.

I got a call from the "eBay detectives" yesterday. They started by saying the call would be recorded. "So, can you tell us a little bit about how you came to own the piece you sold on eBay..." A friendly conversation, and they were satisfied, but I was on the hot seat for a while!

I asked permission from the buyer to announce here who they are. If they grant permission I will post it here. Again, thank you for the friendly reception and support through this adventure!

Wouldn't it have been more prudent for the payment to clear before shipping it out?
Especially if you haven't used PayPal before,  sometimes it seems like they "hold" funds when in fact it comes down to some weird verification info they want from you

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:04 am 

editorjan_1 wrote in Original Dungeons & Dragons Set – Woodgrain - 1st Print:
I got a call from the "eBay detectives" yesterday. They started by saying the call would be recorded. "So, can you tell us a little bit about how you came to own the piece you sold on eBay..." A friendly conversation, and they were satisfied, but I was on the hot seat for a while!!

Why would they do this?

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

PreviousNext