Greyhawk
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:53 pm 

Ok I need some opinions about something here. In your opinion is the GREYHAWK world the most valuable. 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition. Thinking of putting a major auction up with 25-100 greyhawk items. Any interest from those on this board who will bid on my stuff and had a good experience with me?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:39 pm 

I think planescape fetches the best prices usually.  Although Greyhawk isnt nearly as bad as Al'Qadim or Spelljammer as far as sell prices go.

maxwell wrote:Ok I need some opinions about something here. In your opinion is the GREYHAWK world the most valuable. 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition. Thinking of putting a major auction up with 25-100 greyhawk items. Any interest from those on this board who will bid on my stuff and had a good experience with me?

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:12 am 

Depends on the modules---most of the old AD&D modules aren't worth much; some of the later 2e GH items fetch good money (the stuff written by Carl Sargent, the Adventurer's Guild GH items, etc.), and as always the obscure GH stuff does well generally (Kuntz's Maze of Zayene, Shadis #50, tournament modules, etc.

I'd be happy to look over a list and give you my guesstime if you post here or send it by email (can't promise I might not be interested in an item or four, though) :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:30 am 

Maxwell,
 Greyhawk 2E generally does the best - Vecna Lives, Iuz the Evil, Marklands top the module/accessory list while many others usually bring $10-$25 individually.  Some of the mods like Pupper Master & Gargoyle don't attract much interest.

Box sets are all great sellers:  From the Ashes, Greyhawk Wars, City of Greyhawk all should bring $30.00- $50.00 when complete and in nice condition (I think most of your stuff is complete, high grade and/or shrinkwrapped).

3E has no real collectible value - just people looking for deals - when sold individually they bring about 1/3 to 1/2 cover price in Near Mint or better.

Greyhawk 2E lots (and Planescape) generally go  for quite high amounts if only becauce cougarrinard will be them up to (sometimes ridiculously) high prices.

(If everyone would just remember his  bidding patterns and freakin' SNIPE him ONLY we wouldn't have to deal with him bidding on things fifteen times. . . which would certainly help me  :D )

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:35 am 

Couldn`t harm to advertise the auctions on canonfire and the WotC Greyhawk boards.

Sargent stuff goes best but also the old ToEE and the 3E Return to ToEE.  GH used to go for more though.  I would do some closed auctions searching to put up the right starting prices...