non paying buyer disputes...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:31 am 

If you file a NPB dispute and at the end want to get e refund, you`ll throw the guy out of ebay if he bought 3 or more items. I feel kind of bad for that.  How long do you wait until getting your refund? How long can you wait?    I`ve had no contact at all to the buyer, the auction closed on the 10th January.    I sent emails, invoice, and filed a dispute. Nothing...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:07 am 

I would say it's reasonable someone to say they went on holiday or got ill, but at the end of the day that only really accounts for two weeks or so. I would file for a refund if I had no response from the buyer between 21 days and 28 days after the auction closed.

I would make sure I had requested the buyers details and telephoned the guy first though. If the buyer wasn't a regular buyer of products in that market (feedback), or was a newbie, and was an international buyer, I wouldn't phone. No use throwing good money after bad.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:44 am 

frankfromgermany wrote:If you file a NPB dispute and at the end want to get e refund, you`ll throw the guy out of ebay if he bought 3 or more items. I feel kind of bad for that.  How long do you wait until getting your refund? How long can you wait?    I`ve had no contact at all to the buyer, the auction closed on the 10th January.    I sent emails, invoice, and filed a dispute. Nothing...

As Ian said after you Frank.....you can only do so much & have to expect a buyer to at least make "some" effort. I myself wait 10 days, then i file a NPB dispute. I think 10 days is fair time and a NPB msg to a buyer is a good enough wake up call. I then leave it 11 days (ie so 3 weeks after auction), then i file for a credit etc. In the end, you are selling something for money - you are not a charity. If someone cant be bothered sorting something out within that amount of time, well then they shouldnt be bidding on stuff IMO. you have to draw the line somewhere and frankly i cant believe for 1 second that nobody cant find 1 minute of time to get on ebay, get the details and sort it somehow. unless there are extreme circumstances after all.

what were you selling anyway?

Al.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:30 am 

Thanks guys.
The auctions were three Ral Partha blisters. (At top prices, so I would be really more interested in selling them :-) )

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 5947456402
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 5947458057
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 5947460693

I wrote the post above after I closed the complaints and was a bit taken aback that his account was suspended as a result. His feedback was perfect until one recent negative. So perhaps he`s on a holiday.

Phoning is out of the question of course as I´m from Germany. But I just found out you can still reverse the complaint even after the buyer has been suspended. I wrote another mail explaing this to the buyer so I`m offering him a way out even if he doesn`t want the minis anymore. We`ll see if there`ll be a response now...

I hate it when i can`t contact the buyers. One once mailed me that his email account was turned off, but i should please mail him the postage cost..  D'oh!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:30 am 

Have you ever come across Evil Lord on Litter 01-084 in your dealings? I've veel looking for one for years.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:31 am 

well i had an instance of the same. only saving grace i had with my guilt trip was that he was hammered with negatives and strikes from other sources, which made me feel slightly better.  without any prompting, strangely, he paid me out of the blue and then asked me if i would remove the strike (which i did)....

other than all that...i couldnt get hold of him from many attempts of trying. then i found out, that his wife had just lost a baby....well man, you can imagine cant you :(

well i feel ok now. guy has paid, i sent the item and the strike is removed, so from my own point of view, i have done all i can (as well as apologise n stuff)...

:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:36 am 

killjoy32 wrote:then i found out, that his wife had just lost a baby....well man, you can imagine cant you :(

Woaw! Nothing like giving Frank doubts.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:47 am 

wasn't trying to do that really....just how it panned out. but the thing is, you have to do what you have to do....you can't keep holding back just in case it IS that 1 in 100 case that you might get...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:37 am 

3 weeks ?  The guy knew he bid on the stuff, feel no guilt or otherwise until you are informed of any issues (if at all).  You pay the fees to list and sell the stuff, it is he that should feel guilty not you!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:58 am 

Blackmoor wrote:3 weeks ?  The guy knew he bid on the stuff, feel no guilt or otherwise until you are informed of any issues (if at all).  You pay the fees to list and sell the stuff, it is he that should feel guilty not you!!

quite right. kinda what i was trying to say :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:21 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Have you ever come across Evil Lord on Litter 01-084 in your dealings? I've veel looking for one for years.

Nope sorry...

Try here:
http://friendshobbies.hammergren.com/ht ... ageF1e.htm

Though i`m not sure if they`re still in business...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:29 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:then i found out, that his wife had just lost a baby....well man, you can imagine cant you :(

Woaw! Nothing like giving Frank doubts.
#

hehe..  That`s along the lines that i was thinking too. There are things that are more important. Well i already doubted before. And i offered him to remove the disputes again. I see no need to really apologize even if that was the case though, since i couldn`t know.  If someone mails me and says he wants to cancel the auction for reasons i can understand I´m ok with it. (when i`m the seller mind you, the other way round makes me get angry...)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:34 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:3 weeks ?  The guy knew he bid on the stuff, feel no guilt or otherwise until you are informed of any issues (if at all).  You pay the fees to list and sell the stuff, it is he that should feel guilty not you!!

Exactly. And since it can be reversed i don`t feel bad at all. Except that i would have liked to get that money for them :)

BTW did you already get the minis i sent you?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:37 pm 

Hi Frank -

I wouldn't feel too guilty about filing the dispute and giving the guy a strike - I believe that he'll need to get three strikes from three different sellers to be de-registered; three items from the same seller will only equal one strike.

I had an auction finish on January 11 for five Dragon magazines and although I'd had a couple of emails form the buyer, I had a feeling he was stringing me along with no intention of paying (as he's in the USA and shipping was $20 for surface, $30 for air on $8 worth of mags). However, I logged on this morning and was greeted with the "You've Got Cash" email from Paypal, which is always a welcome sight.

Regards

Mike

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:41 pm 

Personally, I'd file the non-paying bidder and let it run it's course, if he still doesn't pay after the time frame ebay allows. . . get your credit.

The neg I would wait on. . . after all, you have 90 days and a neg now or two months from now will have the same end effect.  That way, if he does turn out to be one of those rare situations where something terrible happened you can at least opt to not give him the negative.

Of course, this is also based on his pased reputation. . . has he paid for all his auctions in the past?  If so, I would definitely wait on the neg. . . something could have happened.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:03 pm 

the_ruby_phoenix ( 111) Not a registered user

um

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:30 am 

mdr003 wrote:Hi Frank -

I wouldn't feel too guilty about filing the dispute and giving the guy a strike - I believe that he'll need to get three strikes from three different sellers to be de-registered; three items from the same seller will only equal one strike.

Well he was registered before i closed the disputes to get my refund, and is not registered now.  So either he had two other warnings already or my three ones sufficed. :?

I didn`t give him a neg feedback yet though...