Rip off crybabies
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:30 pm 

Maxwell,

I have been very patient with you throughout the last two months.  I have kept copies of all correspondence you have sent me, and I have sent you.  I want to thank you for ruining my significant other's day with this piece of garbage you sent.

maxwell wrote:Here's your money back. Once you get your item keep it too. So now I have given back your money you paid and fucking sent it as well. Your typical of the dickheads I refer to on ACAEUM. Be a man and post this in its entirety.
You didnt pay for UPS trackin

But, I do thank you for your email, because in it you have a half truth.  What's the half truth?

Well, yes, I didn't pay for UPS tracking, and why did I not pay for UPS tracking?  Because smartass, you yourself quoted me the shipping price at Your reward starts here. and didn't mention anything about UPS tracking in your post.

maxwell wrote:Ok Traveller. my contact info is [email protected]. send me 4.00$ and a copy goes to you. not sure which but one of them. have a preference?

That was fun HUH?

To which I responded via private message on Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:16 pm:

Traveller wrote:Maxwell, easiest way I can send you the $4.00, is if you're willing to accept Paypal for it. If that's kosher, then all is good.  Otherwise I'll send you out a money order in the middle of the week.

My preference is for R3. While R1 seems to be a slightly higher level adventure than R3, R3 just seems cooler to me. Might have to do with that artifact that forms the name of the adventure.

Your response via private message on Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:38 pm:

maxwell wrote:Ok I take it at the email posted. it will have to be an R1. I spoke out of turn. But its a nice one. all my stuff is nice. Enjoy!!

At this point, I presume the entire deal is done and the R1 would be promptly sent.  Let's fast forward to Jan 3, 2005.

On that date, at 3:42 pm I sent you the following PM:

Traveller wrote:Max, have you had an opportunity to send out the R1 as of yet?

Your response, Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:38 pm:

maxwell wrote:not yet i will send it out with my next batch of auctions. Sorry

I figured that again, the item would be sent in a prompt fashion.  After all I did pay for the shipping at the rate which YOU QUOTED ME.

Fast forward to yesterday, January 28, 2005, when in my previous post on this thread, I wrote:

Traveller wrote:*drums my fingers as I see Max on the board here, losing patience*

Max, I sent you a PM last month regarding this, and you replied. It's been 3 1/2 weeks since that reply from you, and still no sign of the RPGA1. I've been rather patient, but my patience is wearing thin, thus me bringing it up here, in the open. Has the RPGA1 been sent, and if so, how did you send it, and when did you send it so I know when to expect it?

I don't believe I am out of line here in ensuring I get what I've earned, nor do I believe I am out of line in bringing it up on this forum. I've fulfilled my end of the bargain by paying the cost of shipping. Now it's time for you to follow through and deliver.

In reply, you sent my roomate that garbage up top, instead of using the Acaeum PM system to do so.  Note that that message has been forwarded to Paypal's abuse department with a nice little note from her saying that she doesn't exactly appreciate the profanity and the slander.

Max, don't fuck around with me when it comes to shipping.  It does NOT take 3 1/2 weeks to ship a 2lb (at most) module from the West coast to the East coast via UPS.  I should know because I had to send a 30 lb air bed to Illinois today, January 29th.  Do you know what they quoted me for an arrival date?  February 2, 2005.  Four days at the most, and that was on a weekend.  Barring the blizzard we had here on the East Coast, at most, that module should have taken a week and a half, and likely significantly LESS time than that.  There was another funny thing that I found out when I shipped the airbed.  It seems that tracking is included at NO COST!  I've got a tracking number for something I shipped, so tell me just how difficult it is to send me a PM with the tracking number for the package?

Rather difficult when you never sent it out to begin with!

In closing, I want to reiterate something you said in that email:

maxwell wrote:Your typical of the dickheads I refer to on ACAEUM.

If I'm a typical dickhead of the Acaeum, then I am proud to wear that as a badge of honor.  Because I'd rather be just a typical dickhead of the Acaeum, then an immature sycophant with delusions of grandeur like you.

You're dismissed.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:41 pm 

Could someone tell us what maxwell's eBay ID is. I'm sure I'm not the only newbie here who'd like to avoid getting similar sh*t of this guy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:12 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Could someone tell us what maxwell's eBay ID is. I'm sure I'm not the only newbie here who'd like to avoid getting similar sh*t of this guy.

yeah guys i have to second this - there are a lot of cool peeps around, who buy & sell D&D /AD&D & allsorts of other things and i like to pretty much deal with anyone and everyone, but frankly, i would appreciate knowing too, so i can also avoid him too.

i get tons of things from the US and only twice in 3 years have i had problems, but put them down to learning experiences etc...ppl i get along with well, i will ALWAYS go back to and deal with again, but in all honesty, if THAT is the kind of individual i am faced with....er no thanks.

and thats EVEN if he/she was selling me a mint/never used up the garden path for $1 - i would still avoid like the plague.

the odd bit of money here and there isnt such a big deal. but when youre talking RPGA1 and things of a similar ilk which command a fair amount of $ , trust is an immense issue. thats one thing everyone knows. without that, what a risk!

hope you get things sorted traveller....

but yea...please lemme know the ebayers ID so i can ensure i dont bid on anything...

regards & peace

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:18 pm 

brucem253 is his ebay handle.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:28 pm 

cheers! ID is duly noted against any future searching...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:30 pm 

I know that I should probably butt out, but IMO this has gotten way out of control.  There seems to be a lot of hard feelings on all sides over what was supposed to have been a given away module.  I wish everyone would to take a step back, take a breath or two, before laying in to one another about stupid sh*t.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:03 pm 

bclarkie, the only reason I am hot is because of where his email had gotten sent.  Had it been sent to me here via PM I likely would have still responded, if only to set the record straight, though I likely would have avoided stooping to his level.  He sent the message to my significant other, through Paypal, and SHE got offended, because she does not expect to open up her email in the morning only to find a profane and slanderous message addressed to her (the Paypal account is used by both of us, but is in her name.)

His standard reaction is to refund money and still send the product?  Ok.  But think about it.  HE'S getting pissed because I reminded him to fulfill his end of the bargain.  Why is he getting pissed off at me over something he's supposed to do?  Does that make any sort of sense to you?

Think about it.

At this point, I'll let the facts speak for themselves here and not say anything further on this topic.  For me, it's a hard lesson learned, and a very disappointing one too.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:27 pm 

Hey Trav,  I was not trying to take sides at all in this and I totally understand what you are saying.  I would also be SUPER pissed too if my girlfriend was the recipient of a profanity laced email in this situation or in any situation for that matter.  My whole point wasn't to point blame at anyone, just to point out that we all should (INCLUDING MAX PRIOR TO HIS UNNECCESARY PROFANITY LACED EMAIL) to take a step back and take a deep breath and think before you react.  It seems to me that everyone on this forum(myself included) is here b/c they have a strong passion for this silly game(& others as well) and it just seems like people just fight over it a lot, when it doesn't have to be that way.  Thats all.  To coin a phrase from a great philosopher
"Can't we all just get along?"
Oh wait, nevermind, that was Rondey King, but I hope you see my point.  :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:53 pm 

Quote:

hey Hitler said that to Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin, just before he invaded Poland.  :?

i think everyone DOES wish that everyone would just get along....sadly it doesnt always work out that way does it?

i just hope it all gets sorted out and then we can all be happy again :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:03 pm 

hey Hitler said that to Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin, just before he invaded Poland.

Stalin also invaded poland  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:15 pm 

well need i say more :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:51 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:Quote:

hey Hitler said that to Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin, just before he invaded Poland.  :?

i think everyone DOES wish that everyone would just get along....sadly it doesnt always work out that way does it?

i just hope it all gets sorted out and then we can all be happy again :)

Unfortuately, its true we all can't get along, but while we here in this forum we might as well try right.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:30 pm 

I think Maxie just needs a bit of love.  I love you brother.  The world is a good place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:19 am 

odin2121 wrote:I think Maxie just needs a bit of love.  I love you brother.  The world is a good place.

it is? which bit? :) maybe the solomon islands or some such place ....yeah i might agree with you there :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:45 am 

UPS tracks everything.  there is no option for shipment using UPS that doesnt have a tracking number, which is one reason its almost always more expsenive.

I have a question about the paypal shipping labels though, when they first started that they were charging like .50-.75 or something to process it.  Thats pretty much the cost of delivery confirmation.

Anyone give more details on that?

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:07 pm 

Frost -

Paypal shipping labels are free to process and come with free confirmation for Priority mail.

Media mail, first class mail & parcel post all cost 0.20 cents to process and $0.13 for delivery confirmation (total of $0.33 cents).

This seller has really good deals in their store:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

(just make sure you edit your preferences in Paypal to NOT print a receipt or half of all your labels will contain a useless label receipt - they can be sent through your printer a second time and a label made on the second half.)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:20 pm 

Just sent out the banners to all those who won them and have paid. To all who think I am a bad seller. Please dont buy from me. Your too hard to please. I am not a reseller or really even a collector anymore. Just a guy wanting to sell his collection and get a new hobby. (Building dungeons).

If my prices suck or I suck or whatever then dont deal with me. I am cool with it because even as this shit happens on this website I still get bids and happy customers. ACAEUM is cool but it certainly isnt the only place people who play AD&D hang out. Too you traveller your line that all ACAEUM members are dipshits is wrong. That wasnt a generalization just pointed to you and some like you. Figured I would point that out since you like to point things out. I did send it and its up to you to prove I didnt not the other way around, but in either case you got a refund. 8)

Deadlord, you have a way of making everyone else look like shit in your posts. You are one of those people who have to be superior in your replies. Doesnt matter what the subject is. Just look at your replies to most post and their is definite smugness to you. I think your a prick and that works for me . Don't like it then dont bid. Post away as you will here because as I have stated this is not the only market in town.

Anyone else on here I have no problem with. ANEOTH you can bid if you wish or not. I will package your stuff better. Everyone else, bid or not, lots here have had good experiences with me. Just a few have not.

To those wondering about my post about working at WOTC. I do and have and yes I am a pot smoker and A OK with it. I am not ashamed or anything about any of my posts. I think a couple folks here need to be brought down from their high horse and if they think the same of me then go ahead and do it. Once my collection is gone then so am I but until then buy it or bid it or don't I dont care. I will advertise here until I am banned.

BTW I have to auctions up now check them out AD&D 1st edition in ebay

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:39 pm 

Max, you wanted me to post your email in its entirety, so I did.  If your pithy comments were directed solely at me and others like me, well that's what PM's are for.  By your own request, you insulted absolutely everyone on this board.

Now, regarding the shipping and the tracking, you nicely side step the fact that you never mentioned tracking, and that you quoted me the price.  Now, by your own admission, in the email, you told me that I didn't pay for UPS tracking.  That means you sent it via UPS, and that means YOU have a tracking number, since you cannot ship anything via UPS without one.

If you want me to believe that you sent it, provide me with that tracking number via PM, without delay.  That is the only acceptable option.  I will not accept nor tolerate being given any further runaround, nor will I tolerate any trashy language.  I expect to see that tracking number, and I expect an email directed at my significant other apologizing for your bad attitude.

I believe I have made myself perfectly clear on this.

PreviousNext