Rip off crybabies
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:34 am 

It annoys the hell out of me and I think it is theivery when I sell something to someone and it is listed what I take for shipping methods and they still have to bitch and whine about why I don't take another method or its to fricking expensive that way blah blah blah. I say straight off in the fricking auction that I only ship one way. SO to those who may be reading this if it applies to you then quit asking. Buy from someone else! I dont need your money or your BS.

Dont like how I run things stay away. I have plenty of people I sold shit to and they loved it and gave great feedback. You get what you pay for. A special favor or extra padding. BS. You want it then pay for it. I will pack your shit in a fricking steel suitcase if you want but YOU need to pay for it. Not Me friend, YOU.

Then theirs the dipshits who want crap sent but dont want to pay for tracking. Why is that? Oh I know because you want to pump me in the ass and say you didnt get your shit so I refund your money and then you get to keep the stuff too. Great Idea!!!

So no-one has to take this personally as personal attack on them. just a general observation of my time selling on ebay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:39 pm 

Why not sell to them and then bann them from buying from you again? Another thing you can do is put a really big statement that the postage cost will be $XX in the US and $XX to Europe, and that these are not negotiable.

It has to be really obvious. I just skim the auction pages. I don't read the small print. But if someone said 'This is how much it will cost to ship and this is not negotiable!' then that is that.

I did buy four copies of Dungeon off of a seller who then charged me $48 to ship them to the UK. I was seriously ripped off, but hidden in the small print of his auction was a statement that all international orders have to pay a $10 handling fee.

Some sellers really do take the piss, and what they do rubs off on all sellers, particularily when you're a UK buyer and the majority of the stuff you buy comes from the US.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:57 pm 

Mug.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:00 pm 

Yep. I'm just a trainee collector. I'm still learning.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:08 pm 

each to their own. guess most ppl out there think sellers are flexible enough to ship in most methods there are available - its not like its a big deal at the end of the day, but thats your stance and youve made it nice and clear to the folks here!

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:08 pm 

How much were the magazines?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:08 pm 

Hmmm, maybe if you didn't charge $20 to ship a blister figurine, you wouldn't have a problem. I don't know who it was who bought from you, but it doesn't matter. This is not a "whine about eBay issues" forum. Go to http://www.ineverstopwhining.com. I think they are looking for investors, and you seem to fit right in. We all know your intellectual level is on par with that of a rabid dingo, after that last joke of a post, so don't bother coming in here and flooding the forum with spam which is obviously directed at a particular member. As usual with your rantings, no one wants to hear it. Go design a 3E module or something, maybe WoTC will REALLY hire you. Dude.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:40 pm 

maxwell wrote:It annoys the hell out of me and I think it is theivery when I sell something to someone and it is listed what I take for shipping methods and they still have to bitch and whine about why I don't take another method or its to fricking expensive that way blah blah blah. I say straight off in the fricking auction that I only ship one way. SO to those who may be reading this if it applies to you then quit asking. Buy from someone else! I dont need your money or your BS.

Dont like how I run things stay away. I have plenty of people I sold shit to and they loved it and gave great feedback. You get what you pay for. A special favor or extra padding. BS. You want it then pay for it. I will pack your shit in a fricking steel suitcase if you want but YOU need to pay for it. Not Me friend, YOU.

Then theirs the dipshits who want crap sent but dont want to pay for tracking. Why is that? Oh I know because you want to pump me in the ass and say you didnt get your shit so I refund your money and then you get to keep the stuff too. Great Idea!!!

So no-one has to take this personally as personal attack on them. just a general observation of my time selling on ebay.

Hey Max, just reading your post and I just wanted to make an observation or two.  I completely and totally understand your stance about your desire  to want to ship your items out with tracking.  I mean nobody wants to get screwed by some buyer who claims that he didn't receive the item(s) you sent to him, almost fully knowing that the buyer did receive them and is lying.  I actually bought a couple of modules from you back in December and I was very happy with them.  It also seems like you have a lot of awesome stuff, as I periodically check out your listings.  I also know, sometimes dealing with people is VERY frustrating, as unfortuantely, I have do it everyday at my job.  I mean a lot of times  I REALLY REALLY F**KING HATE PEOPLE . But, if you try to be a little more tolerant and willing to negotiate, you will end up making a lot more money for yourself in the process.  When I say that, I don't mean that you should not protect yourself, because by all means you most certainly should, but when I look at your auction listings now, it seems like you are so confrontational, like you are so angry, and that can turn a lot of people off as it has turned me off.   As I stated before I have bought from you and was very happy, but looking at your auction listings in the past few weeks I have avoided them strictly because of how you have your lisitngs and how angry they seem.  I know you definitely don't need my money, but realistically you need somebody's money or else there would be no reason to waste your time in posting the auctions in the first place.  Another thing I noticed is that it seems like you prefer to ship UPS, but I am not sure if you do that because its more convient for you location wise or if it is because of UPS's tracking system.  If it is the latter, the US Postal Service ships with tracking for either Mediamail/Parcelpost or Priority mail all with tracking options available, and all are considerably cheaper than the $12.00 to $14.00 that it seems like UPS charges.  Another good thing about the USPS is that they provide both relatively sturdy envelopes and boxes for Priority shipping that are free of charge.  You don't even have to ship the items you sending in these envelopes/boxes, you can use them as packing material to support the items you are sending in your own padded envelopes if you want to.  Anyway, please don't take offense to my suggestions and I hope you understand where I am coming from, as it is just some friendly advice.  In the end you have to do what you think is best for you, and as Killjoy32 said, at the end of the day it is really not a big deal.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:32 pm 

*drums my fingers as I see Max on the board here, losing patience*

Max, I sent you a PM last month regarding this, and you replied.  It's been 3 1/2 weeks since that reply from you, and still no sign of the RPGA1.  I've been rather patient, but my patience is wearing thin, thus me bringing it up here, in the open.  Has the RPGA1 been sent, and if so, how did you send it, and when did you send it so I know when to expect it?

I don't believe I am out of line here in ensuring I get what I've earned, nor do I believe I am out of line in bringing it up on this forum.  I've fulfilled my end of the bargain by paying the cost of shipping.  Now it's time for you to follow through and deliver.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:40 pm 

traveller....track the item on UPS? after all that IS how its been sent isn't it?  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:04 pm 

maxwell wrote:I have plenty of people I sold shit to and they loved it and gave great feedback.

Cool. You're selling shit? How much a gram? If it's so great, will you ship to Germany, too? ...

Seriously. I think this thread is just fucked up. Why do you guys have to bring your eBay quarrels to this forum anyway? It's the wrong place for fighting your battles. (Says someone who has battled on this forum before...)

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:26 pm 

Max- you need to chill.  And I say that with no ill will.  Selling takes patience, and the customer is always right (almost always).  Just go to any retail store that has been in business for a while and you'll see...  Also, you have to be flexible and reasonable with shipping or your auctions will not perform well and people will be pissed off with you, especially if you have a glitch in shipping the goods.  Also, UPS sucks for shipping media, from a buyers perspective.  I gather that you have a depot or other business that packages the goods for you?  

Also why are you so angry?  I personally have had nothing but decent experiences with you, but, you seem to be getting a little out of control lately.

Hope you find your happy place!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:05 am 

maxwell wrote:Then theirs the dipshits who want crap sent but dont want to pay for tracking. Why is that? Oh I know because you want to pump me in the ass and say you didnt get your shit so I refund your money and then you get to keep the stuff too. Great Idea!!!

lol pump you in the ass?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:17 am 

Just a quick note to everyone who sells on ebay. . . tracking (delivery confirmation) is 100% free if you print your labels through the ebay/paypal "print shipping labels" option.    This is only with priority mail, but even with media, it is only $0.13 (plus they tack on an additional $0.20 processing fee for media/parcel) but it is still cheaper than the $0.55 that the post office normally charges for media delivery confirmation.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:39 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:Just a quick note to everyone who sells on ebay. . . tracking (delivery confirmation) is 100% free if you print your labels through the ebay/paypal "print shipping labels" option.    This is only with priority mail, but even with media, it is only $0.13 (plus they tack on an additional $0.20 processing fee for media/parcel) but it is still cheaper than the $0.55 that the post office normally charges for media delivery confirmation.

Hey BTB just wanted to let you know, it is easy to use and tracking is free if you print on Paypal, I gave it a try.  I can't really use it on all my auctions as I only use tracking on packages $20 or more and I also have a lot of international buyers and I don't use it then either, and I figured out I save money just getting tracking on the ones I needed rather than every package.  Something good and easy to try if you want to standardize your maling.  
From my perspective, UPS blows...they don't ship to my PO Box which means the package sits on myfront porch which I don't like, they lose packages much more, and they seem to handle said packages much more roughly.  I had an ill fated experiment using UPS a few years ago, a lot of sellers swear by it, it was the worst shipping experience I personally ever had so I went back to USPS and they have been just fine.
 Oh and a word for the guy starting this thread, calling your potential customers "dipshits" and assuming they are out to steal from you isn't using good business savvy, take if from a vet of EBay with over 4500 feedback.  The minute you start reducing your clientele to morons in your mind is when you need to get out of whatever business you are dabbling in. At that point you aren't having fun anymore and just causing yourself more stress than is necessary.  Plus, flexibility is the name of the game and if you won't deviate from your certain set of shipping rules then expect to lose some sales or annoy some customers, just don't expect any sympathy here from anyone.  

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:06 am 

Your starting to go a bit mad maxwell. The dope doesn't do it anymore, does it? You don't like guns, do you?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:35 am 

flexibility with peeps who buy from you, always guarantees that they WILL come back again. you dont need to compromise yourself, but a little extra effort, say, packing something expensive, will always make the buyer feel that you actually give a damn and like i said, will always incline them to either come and buy again or pass word on about something.

ppl have been kind enough to do that to me in the past and bar for the odd one glitch, i have always touched down good, which is obviously what i intend....and as for the ones that dont, the willingness is always there to sort it...as it should be.

coming across with such an offensive attitude like that will do nothing but deter ppl from coming within a mile of you. but if you think it works for you then fine....its your life/time/money in the end....

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:21 pm 

UPS is insane. I used to work for them years ago, and during football season, we used to use small packages as footballs for punt/pass/kick competitions. Under no circumstances would I use them.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Next