Shady Sellers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 21, 2
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1228
Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 23, 2021
Location: Close to GenCon

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:54 pm 
 

Here is a recent auction we bid on but didn't win. Check the bid history.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEDW:IT

Do you think this guy had two of everything? Also jmr828 pushed his other unrelated auctions up. :evil:

Here it is relisted shortly after the original auction ended:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

BUSTED!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:20 pm 
 

Definatly a fake bidder :evil:


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:47 am 
 

really annoys you when you see things like that....

they should be hung, drawn & quartered!!! :)



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:29 pm 
 

6943599413 Jan-17-05 Jan-24-05 10:09:16 US $7.75 Lot of 11Dungeons and Dragons Books jmr828 (*)  tuffgruff01
4520774075 Jan-17-05 Jan-24-05 13:25:49 US $3.25 Lot of 11 Stephen King Books  jmr828 (*)  tuffgruff01
4520786734 Jan-17-05 Jan-24-05 14:11:05 US $12.50 Lot of 11 Anne Rice books whitestang32 (*)  tuffgruff01
4520790230 Jan-17-05 Jan-24-05 14:26:29 US $12.01 Lot of 12 True Crime Books cammjamm (*)  tuffgruff01


yup

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:35 pm 
 

tell ya what draco, if thats not obvious enough for ebay to look into it, i dont think you will ever find an instance of suspicion where they will........

so unfair for the real bidders who actually want the stuff.  :?



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:35 pm 
 

Look how obvious a shill this one is.  The seller listed the exact same auction 2 days after the first one ended with a zero bidder won the auction. if you look close  at the pics, the seller actually used the same picture and just did a very poor editing job by browning out 2 of the end modules 1 on the top right and 1 on the bottom right.  First one is the auction just put up today, the second one is the one that just ended on the 23rd.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

Looks like the "coug" was almost fell victim to this one.

btw-thanks burnt, you sniped my WGR1 for only $9.00....RATS!!    :evil: lol.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:20 am 
 

it really boggles the mind doesnt it? notice no feedback was left on the "0" bidder too :) naughty, naughty :D



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:21 am 
 

I guess Couge doesn't mind getting shilled because he is bidding on it again.


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:51 am 
 

guess he wants the item to re-sell then eh? thing is also, the guy is bidding on soooooooooooooooo much stuff! man it must be real hard to keep track of it all thats all i have to say :D



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7968
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 23, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:24 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Look how obvious a shill this one is.  The seller listed the exact same auction 2 days after the first one ended with a zero bidder won the auction. if you look close  at the pics, the seller actually used the same picture and just did a very poor editing job by browning out 2 of the end modules 1 on the top right and 1 on the bottom right.  First one is the auction just put up today, the second one is the one that just ended on the 23rd.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1


Looks like the "coug" was almost fell victim to this one.

btw-thanks burnt, you sniped my WGR1 for only $9.00....RATS!!    :evil: lol.


I'm not saying that's not a legit shill, but shit happens. I just had a guy win an auction for the Battletech novel Sword and the Dagger at $50, immediately afterwards he emailed saying his bid was a mistake, he wasn't going to pay for it (this was a Buy it Now). So, I just immediately relisted the item and resold it later. The first moron was a 0 bidder also (and he's about to get a neg in another couple months....)  So sometimes you end up listing the exact same lot a few days or even hours later when a moron doesn't pay and let's you know up front.

Mike B.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5645
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:48 pm 
 

Why would you not send the info to eBay and have him banned?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1228
Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 23, 2021
Location: Close to GenCon

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:13 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:btw-thanks burnt, you sniped my WGR1 for only $9.00....RATS!!    :evil: lol.


Didn't really expect to win that one. We needed a good play copy but wasn't willing to pay very much.

BTW:We will be listing our Mint Shrinkwrapped copy in about 4 or 5 weeks.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:00 pm 
 

burntwire wrote:
bclarkie wrote:btw-thanks burnt, you sniped my WGR1 for only $9.00....RATS!!    :evil: lol.


Didn't really expect to win that one. We needed a good play copy but wasn't willing to pay very much.

BTW:We will be listing our Mint Shrinkwrapped copy in about 4 or 5 weeks.


I was kind of hoping for the same myself and that one seemed to be flying under the Radar. Oh well, sucks to be me.  :oops:

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 1997
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Sep 23, 2021
Location: Ohio, The land without sun

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:43 pm 
 

burnt, you really haven't given up collecting, have you... :wink:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7968
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 23, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:54 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Why would you not send the info to eBay and have him banned?


Dead you know how it works. I did send them the info, plus the emails he sent me, plus filed a NPB report.  Got the same robotic responses you always get. Unless someone is a serial offender in this regard, they don't pay it much mind.  So I'll be satisfied with him getting a NPB on his record, myself getting a refund, and he getting a nasty ass neg in about 67 more days when he's least expecting it.

Mike B.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:28 pm 
 

Can anyone think of good reason why, if a seller was going to shill his own auctions if he would find some benefit to have the shill bidder win several of them?  I have noticed a relatively new seller on EBay, that seems to have this 1 bidder, bid on a majority of his auctions that he lists.  Now that in itself certainly doesn't indicate a shill, but the problem I keep running into is that this "bidder" ONLY bids on this one sellers auctions and. That to me is what SCREAMS  to me shill.  The only thing that I can't figure out though, is that the bidder has won many of this sellers past auctions(lets say more than 9), which really throws a monkey wrench into my thinking. Granted the auctions won were not high value auctions, but still could it be.  Thoughts anyone?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:10 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Can anyone think of good reason why, if a seller was going to shill his own auctions if he would find some benefit to have the shill bidder win several of them?  I have noticed a relatively new seller on EBay, that seems to have this 1 bidder, bid on a majority of his auctions that he lists.  Now that in itself certainly doesn't indicate a shill, but the problem I keep running into is that this "bidder" ONLY bids on this one sellers auctions and. That to me is what SCREAMS  to me shill.  The only thing that I can't figure out though, is that the bidder has won many of this sellers past auctions(lets say more than 9), which really throws a monkey wrench into my thinking. Granted the auctions won were not high value auctions, but still could it be.  Thoughts anyone?


My guess is it's in essence a reserve without having to pay eBay's reserve fees.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:52 am 
 

What is the time frame again for hitting someone with a neg feedback and not allowing them any time to hit you with a retalitory neg?


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:57 am 
 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:What is the time frame again for hitting someone with a neg feedback and not allowing them any time to hit you with a retalitory neg?


Do it on the 90th day after the listing ended!!


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:03 am 
 

Thanks Blackmoor!


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 21, 2