B2 Price Index
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:10 am 

I was looking through some early White Dwarfs this morning and in the back were adverts and price listings for many UK resellers of the time.

D&D Basic Rules, Dice, Adventure.......... £8.95
D&D Expert Rules, Adventure................ £8.95
Module B2............................................. £3.50

AD&D Dungeon Masters Guide............... £9.95
AD&D Platers Handbook........................ £8.95
Module C1............................................. £4.50
Module D1-2.......................................... £4.50

Dragon Magazine.................................. £2.50

I could be looking at a seller's BIN list on eBay.
The majority of xD&D stuff still sells at about those prices today on eBay.
Given the inflation over the past 20 odd years, the majority of this stuff must have depreciated dramatically.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:20 am 

i remember way back in the early 80's, going into a small game shop in liverpool. you went downstairs and there were two rooms, 1 was for miniatures and the like and the other was for RPG's , 1 wall full of boxed games (avalon hill etc), and were all like £3-£4 at the time & always on special - oh how i wish i could go back there now :) the other wall had a bookshelf full of mods for d&d and ad&d, and it was my turn to by a module in the gaming group we had. we had just done D3 and i bought Q1 - being the 1st mod i ever bought and that was £4 at the time. back then, that was quite a lot of money to me.

i think if you bought the equivalent of it now (ie queen of spiders), it would all be spruced up n stuff and in a real nice pack and would prb be like £8.99 or something.... its funny tho some of the things which are worth so much now and i had them back then and had no thoughts as to what they would be worth 20+ years on. oh the good ol days :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:58 pm 

I think getting a retail price on a used item is considered good these days.  Only the rare and very popular stuff seems to fetch a premium. (IE Bloodstone, OD&D and you know the rest)

Lets face it, most of the D&D and AD&D items are no more valuable than a used bood (which goes for about half price)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:20 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I think getting a retail price on a used item is considered good these days.  Only the rare and very popular stuff seems to fetch a premium. (IE Bloodstone, OD&D and you know the rest)

Lets face it, most of the D&D and AD&D items are no more valuable than a used bood (which goes for about half price)

Also, i think that what was at the time a mainly D&D/AD&D market has branched out into so many more things, which is cool really.....so you would imagine most things prb would devalue to a fair degree. In the end, the rare and valuable things are only worth that to a punter who wants it that much. I mean you look at some of the stuff eg. jade hare, and you think, "whats all the fuss"??!! i wouldnt pay $1 to have it myself....well maybe i would to sell :D but you know what i mean. To me Q1 is still one of the best mods ever, but thats just me and i value it more than most things, but in the reality of things, its worth diddly squat :)