Terrain
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:06 pm 

Anyone know of any dwarven forge type of terrain that I can buy? Castlemolds is to labor intensive and dwarven forge doesnt have enogh selection. I am seeking pre-made castles and dungeons and generally scary spooky demonic items that are 25mm in scale that can go with my already extensive dwarven forge collection. I have all that they have made up to this point. Thanks in advance. I am not finding what I seek on the internet or am looking in the wrong place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:17 pm 

Grendel makes a lot of scenery, but its resin so it looks like crap if you dont paint it.  On the other hand because its resin its much cheaper than dwarven forge.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:42 pm 

How much cheaper is resin vs. metal landscape/props/buildings/etc., and what's it like to paint vs. painting metal?  

I saw some resin stuff on ebay recently, and wasn't sure if it was worth buying, because I've never worked with resin.

Any thoughts/info would be appreciated :D

Thanks!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:59 pm 

I have a couple of Grendel sets I cant decide if i want to sell or not so I took scans just in case.  Send me an email address and ill get you the pics.  I dont think theyre too big file size wise.  theyre jpegs.

Oh ya, no different painting them than the others.  Still need primer.  I dont think you can use industrial grade paint stripper though in the case you want to start over again as a lot of them dissolve glue (which i find to be super useful actually)  and plastic.

grodog wrote:How much cheaper is resin vs. metal landscape/props/buildings/etc., and what's it like to paint vs. painting metal?  

I saw some resin stuff on ebay recently, and wasn't sure if it was worth buying, because I've never worked with resin.

Any thoughts/info would be appreciated :D

Thanks!

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:53 pm 

Resin is very good, has more weight than cardboard or plastic and paint up very nicely.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!