New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:36 pm 

throwi wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:What a steal!  Look at all the rare stuff!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And with zero feedback too!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:53 pm 

throwi wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:What a steal!  Look at all the rare stuff!

Overpriced?  Yes...

Maybe this is an $800 lot (to a collector...).

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:57 pm 

Now this one is truly outrageous...

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:09 pm 

He thinks Tegel Manor is worth $695.

'Nuff said.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:42 pm 

8-O

For the record, it started as a $529 BIN. Waiting for someone to try to make a liar of me again.  :wink:

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:23 pm 

Aaaaand...

Get it quick! It's a whole 10-cents cheaper! Now officially a bargain!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:30 pm 

is "githnikmrod" an acaeum member?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:18 pm 

Don't see the name on the member list.

Anyhoo, this must be his equally clueless brother.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:00 am 

Sorry to troll this thread a bit but been hanging around this forum for some years now (Mostly lurking though), and this is the only part of the forum I do not really see the point of.

I understand this is about posting ebay sales that according to you "elder members'" own judgement and valuation show a too high or otherwise "wrong" sales value? Am I right?

If that is the case then I should assume that you and only you dictate what is the right sales value for an item; in a way that everyone that pays that amount is a total moron, right?

Don't you see this whole idea a bit unnecessary? I bet most of the times it is only about the stuff being something you really crave for and that you just lack the dough to dish out for it.

Sooo let's say that I live in Spain... that I have everything published for Planescape both in english as in foreign languages,... that I am only missing the Planescape sketchbook, and that I have 4 spare thousand bucks here and i want to dump them on that flimsy book. Would I be silly if i do? think about that for a sec.

Also, if I have some collectible item that I know for sure some folks are willing to pay a thousand bucks but you guys ignore that fact? Would that be a silly auction price still?

I said all of this in a friendly mood, folks. I hate being part of a cool minority (gaming folks) and see that minority acting cocky with the rest.

D&D in the world @DNDCollecting
A quick look at the rarest, oddest, most elusive items within the Dungeons & Dragons franchise, with a special focus on obscure international (non-US) items

https://twitter.com/DNDCollecting

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 am 

d3rmond wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:Sooo let's say that I live in Spain... that I have everything published for Planescape both in english as in foreign languages,... that I am only missing the Planescape sketchbook, and that I have 4 spare thousand bucks here and i want to dump them on that flimsy book.

See?  Noble Knight does have a sensible business plan....   :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:10 am 

d3rmond wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:Sorry to troll this thread a bit but been hanging around this forum for some years now (Mostly lurking though), and this is the only part of the forum I do not really see the point of.

I understand this is about posting ebay sales that according to you "elder members'" own judgement and valuation show a too high or otherwise "wrong" sales value? Am I right?

If that is the case then I should assume that you and only you dictate what is the right sales value for an item; in a way that everyone that pays that amount is a total moron, right?

Don't you see this whole idea a bit unnecessary? I bet most of the times it is only about the stuff being something you really crave for and that you just lack the dough to dish out for it.

Sooo let's say that I live in Spain... that I have everything published for Planescape both in english as in foreign languages,... that I am only missing the Planescape sketchbook, and that I have 4 spare thousand bucks here and i want to dump them on that flimsy book. Would I be silly if i do? think about that for a sec.

Also, if I have some collectible item that I know for sure some folks are willing to pay a thousand bucks but you guys ignore that fact? Would that be a silly auction price still?

I said all of this in a friendly mood, folks. I hate being part of a cool minority (gaming folks) and see that minority acting cocky with the rest.

Unnecessary, yes. Fun, yes! And sometimes those overpriced items do sell (I've probably won a couple of auctions in this thread), but it doesn't make it less fun to point and laugh at wildly overpriced items or items with hilarious descriptions.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:59 am 

d3rmond wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:Sorry to troll this thread a bit but been hanging around this forum for some years now (Mostly lurking though), and this is the only part of the forum I do not really see the point of.

I don't know if we would gig someone selling a Planescape sketchbook or a 1st print brown box for an "inflated" price, its more the guys selling a random Monster Manual or B1 for $500 that get shamed.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 am 

I've always thought of the thread more of ebay rpg bloopers... typos and ridiculous descriptions and such, you know, silliness.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:56 am 

Thunderdave wrote in New Candidate: Silliest Auction Price of the Year:I've always thought of the thread more of ebay rpg bloopers... typos and ridiculous descriptions and such, you know, silliness.

Oh yeah.  It's embarrassing to admit, but I like seeing how stupid/silly/uneducated/funny/strange some people are.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 am 

Ah yes, the blooper thing it makes more sense to me :) Sorry if I sounded too serious about it all.

D&D in the world @DNDCollecting
A quick look at the rarest, oddest, most elusive items within the Dungeons & Dragons franchise, with a special focus on obscure international (non-US) items

https://twitter.com/DNDCollecting

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:45 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:20 am 

here's some "loose-leaf books" for you collectors out there :)

Someone went to town on the xerox machine back in the day!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:12 am 

Say what?!?!

PreviousNext