Ghost Tower of Inverness bust or what?
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:19 am 

Was anyone else surprised to see Deadlord's Inverness go for so little?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5948763807

If he hadn't put a reserve on it, it would seemingly have been a great bargain for a2jeff.  

Was it because of the "bad" end time, a Saturday afternoon with the NFL playoffs on?  
Was it because of the Paypal surcharge for credit cards?  
Has the market gone bust as some had predicted?  
It couldn't have been the condition, since it was near mint.  

This should be an interesting discussion...  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:26 am 

Honestly I had no idea it was up for auction :( . I would have paid at least $1000 for a NM copy……..Ajeff got a nice Tosj for $750 too a while back. Nice going Jeff.  :)

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:51 am 

What the F***ck.  The tsumai, layoffs across the board for computer geeks, and we are this discussion about a module.  What do you guys do?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:21 am 

odin2121 wrote:What the F***ck.  The tsumai, layoffs across the board for computer geeks, and we are this discussion about a module.  What do you guys do?

Some people still have jobs and did not die in the Tsunami!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:55 am 

dathon wrote:Was anyone else surprised to see Deadlord's Inverness go for so little?

Which actually was a progress. Before these auctions, Frank wouldn't accept PayPal through credit cards at all. I do the same thing, btw. Why should I lose 3% of the final sale, only because the buyer chose to pay woth a credit card?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:01 am 

Oh! Is that the reason for this "existing balances only crap"?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:45 am 

You get charged that percentage every time you receive money in a premier Paypal account, not just the credit card ones.  Im not sure if you knew that.  I used a premier account for almost a year and then one day I decided to go through my account and saw a fee taken out for EVERY transaction....

Needless to say when you sell items for $5.00 or less the only one getting paid is ebay and so I removed my premier account and made a regular account.

Ralf Toth wrote:
dathon wrote:Was anyone else surprised to see Deadlord's Inverness go for so little?

Which actually was a progress. Before these auctions, Frank wouldn't accept PayPal through credit cards at all. I do the same thing, btw. Why should I lose 3% of the final sale, only because the buyer chose to pay woth a credit card?

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:08 am 

Terminal_Frost wrote:You get charged that percentage every time you receive money in a premier Paypal account, not just the credit card ones.  Im not sure if you knew that.  I used a premier account for almost a year and then one day I decided to go through my account and saw a fee taken out for EVERY transaction....

Needless to say when you sell items for $5.00 or less the only one getting paid is ebay and so I removed my premier account and made a regular account.

Ralf Toth wrote:

In Germany they have still the introductory program running. This means, only payments from credit cards have a fee, payment from bank account is free.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:58 am 

I aqctually have 2 Paypal accounts now, one is Premier/Fuck Me and one is personal.
I sell a $5 item. eBay charges me $.30 to list it, and $.27 for the sale. Paypal charges me $.15 for a credit card transaction, plus another $.30 i believe. Now I am out 20% of the sale price of my item.
It is a simple matter to transfer money from a bank account to Paypal and make the payment that way. 3-4 days.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:53 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:It is a simple matter to transfer money from a bank account to Paypal and make the payment that way. 3-4 days.

Do people trust Paypal with access to their bank account?  
I remember the good ol' days when Paypal was not only free, but they gave you $10 for every new member you referred.  

In any case, back to the thread's original topic, is this the same Ghost Tower that went for $1,600+ just a month or two ago?  Did that buyer renege?  This is the lowest final total for a trinity item in years.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:58 am 

dathon wrote:In any case, back to the thread's original topic, is this the same Ghost Tower that went for $1,600+ just a month or two ago?  Did that buyer renege?  This is the lowest final total for a trinity item in years.

My notes (doesn't everyone keep notes?) show that the last Inverness up went to a2jeff for $1650, it's curious that he was going after another one.  I didn't hear of either side reneging on that auction...my money was on "beardedtoad" sniping on this one for $900+...but it didn't happen.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:17 pm 

No reneging, Frank and I completed the transactions for his first Inverness and 3rd print Woody.  

I'm surprised this one didn't explode like the past several super rares, and would gladly have another Inverness, but I did end up with Frank's other biggy - Daystar Rahasia.    :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:42 pm 

beardedtoad hasn't bid on anything recently. . . a few other Acaeum members who were bidding on the previous one were either missing or had lower max bids.

I, personally, am still recovering from Christmas. . . a lot of others may be as well.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:54 pm 

This was Inverness #2.
I'll probably hold on to it for a while. There was no rush to sell it, I just hate having it sit in my collection when someone else could enjoy it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:43 pm 

Well if it Pains you so much,  Just send it to
Bruce Thibodeau
???  ????  ????
?????????

MI  #######

I will hold it for you and enjoy it.  LOL   Hey  Come on I couldn't leave that unanswered.  And I know I wasn't the only one thinking it either.  :lol:  :lol:

Bruce Thibodeau

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:22 pm 

Sure, I'll send it to you ASAP. Just make the check out to me.