Ok it's time
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:04 am 

I think mine is bigger than yours :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:11 am 

Badmike wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:Well, if we're going to be up front about who we are.....
I'm a network engineer, 12 years now. Since I have previous military experience, I've worked on many interesting government contracts, as well as civilian ones.
Not sure why working for WoTC would qualify anyone as a demigod, though. Not only is is Hasbroized, it is a power-gamer's haven at this juncture. Had you worked there 20 years ago, well, even then, I don't think this board is about who works where. I don't think my job is any more useful or important than the person who runs the counter at my favorite coffee shop. We are all equal here, regardless of collection size or occupation.

Except that coffee slinger doesn't sell games for a living, spreading love and joy throughout the RPG universe.  Until he starts throwing in a free UK5 with your morning Java, I'm superior to coffee jockey.
  But you're right, jobs don't matter, the most toys does.  As my wife reminds me, collection size DOES matter....

Mike B.

Err, just re-read my post, and it's not immediately obvious I'm JOKING in above post.  Irony doesn't show through well on postings I'm afraid...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:11 am 

Nice e-mail from Laxwell:

Hey dipshit feel free to post this as your big ego needs too. I am maxwell in case you were not sure. I do work for WOTC but if you insist I dont oK. Your a jackass, Why would I post a valid WOTC email? So you can fuck me? I can prove where I work without all that BS.

You are a wanna be dipshit, I at least design the games. Good enough to get hired to make the games. Where were you or the other funny guys? Your a dipshit and I will not post any further response to you. Remember I can cut and paste like you do.

OK, where to start..........

Your grammar and punctuation is abominable, suggesting at best a 9th grade education. You are a physically short person, and you make up for this deficiency by overinflating and constantly reminding others of the few things in life that you possess that MIGHT be better than average, such as your collection. You cannot send me an e-mail from a WoTC address, because you do not work for WoTC, except perhaps in a custodial or vending capacity. Your computer and the video games you play on it are 99% of your life. When you actually do go out, you get overly drunk and are obnoxious to the point where you are an embarassment to the few friends who can tolerate you. You are under 28 years old. You have no long-term goals in life, other than where the price of Panama Red will be five years from now, and you live at home in your parent's basement which was converted into a room for you.

Close?

I don't think I sadi anything to start this, Maxine, but I'll gladly sling the shit back and forth as long as you like. A word of advice, though: Be VERY careful about getting into a battle of wits with me, since you are unarmed.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:04 am 

:lol:

Guys, this has been the most amusing thread on this forum for a long time...

Does the WOTC janitor have an email address of his own?

Muhahahahaha....

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:08 am 

Prolly uses an Apple II.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:22 am 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Sorry, I think I just repeated myself...

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:44 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Your grammar and punctuation is abominable, suggesting at best a 9th grade education. You are a physically short person, and you make up for this deficiency by overinflating and constantly reminding others of the few things in life that you possess that MIGHT be better than average, such as your collection. You cannot send me an e-mail from a WoTC address, because you do not work for WoTC, except perhaps in a custodial or vending capacity. Your computer and the video games you play on it are 99% of your life. When you actually do go out, you get overly drunk and are obnoxious to the point where you are an embarassment to the few friends who can tolerate you. You are under 28 years old. You have no long-term goals in life, other than where the price of Panama Red will be five years from now, and you live at home in your parent's basement which was converted into a room for you.

Close?

Sadly, many of those points apply to a lot of us. Just to have a bit of fun, I plugged my life into the comments and here's what came out.  Your mileage may vary.

Punctuation & Grammar -- I have a degree in linguistics.  What laymen call "grammar" is a sorry attempt at understanding language structure and usage.
Height (that's what you meant, right?  :) ) -- 5' 10".  Well within the normal range for human male.  Check your tables if you're unsure.
Cannot send mail from a WoTC address -- I'm also a network engineer, Frank, and you should know better!  It's trivial to send email from any address you want.  I can't receive any replies, however, as I don't work at WoTC.
Computer and video games are 99% of life -- Check.
Going out getting drunk -- Too poor.  Out of money before out of wits.
Under 28 -- Up until several years ago, this was true.
No long term goals in life -- None.  Except ruling the world with an iron grasp.
Live at home -- Yes.  My own home, see point about being too poor to drink.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:26 pm 

I think mine is reaaly bigger than your!! Honest!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:49 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I think mine is reaaly bigger than your!! Honest!!

Are we talking quality or quantity?   8)

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:28 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:I think mine is reaaly bigger than your!! Honest!!

Are we talking quality or quantity?   8)

Mike B.

Depends what time of the day, definatly quality is very high :)  :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:19 pm 

Thats It  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:   You all have ruined  my Life.
:lol:  :lol:

I come here to escape my pathetic life and then I am reminded in this thread about everything I wanted to escape.

OK OK  Just kidding.

Dang I ONLY wish I was under 28. It would be really cool to live in my parents basement but well I left there so long ago I forget what the basement looks like.

I dont drink anymore because, like others I can't afford it.
I am shorter than some taller than a few.

Worst off My collection SUCKS it is so small the rest of you would laugh at me for even calling it a collection. But the one thing I enjoy is seeing the love so many of us have for the old stuff and how we value the things so many no longer enjoy.

Psst  Also  AD&D became such a joke with second edition. I left home because I couldn't follow rules. I enjoyed  playing until the makers of Second Editon felt the need to lay more rules down than my parents and teachers ever did.

And  Your kidding me there is a third edition and a 3.5 OMG  D20 is not a a game its a die.  :lol:

Even if I was the CEO of Wizards I would not admit it. After all why try to bring the wrath of people upon you. Remember you never know when one of those PSYCHO'S who have mental issues and are satanic who play that game may begin to Stalk you.  :twisted:  :twisted:

Sorry I had to add that .  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bruce Thibodeau

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:32 pm 

I think mine is still the biggest though!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:25 am 

Come on now, guys, I wasn't profiling the average Acaeum member (whom we all know is 30-40). Just one fool who insists on trying to be a leader in a group that has none, and needs none.

But wait, let me interpret that for MaxiPad:

LOL NOOBS, cmon yall know it wasnt bout all a you.,  I am jest jonesin here wit mah bong at WoTC where I am an exec for a looooong time. Since before Gary, I am so fried right now I will go look at my FREAKIN HUUUGE collection. Peace out.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:41 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Come on now, guys, I wasn't profiling the average Acaeum member (whom we all know is 30-40). Just one fool who insists on trying to be a leader in a group that has none, and needs none.

LOL NOOBS, cmon yall know it wasnt bout all a you.,  I am jest jonesin here wit mah bong at WoTC where I am an exec for a looooong time. Since before Gary, I am so fried right now I will go look at my FREAKIN HUUUGE collection. Peace out.

Oh My God, it just hit me, Maxwell is SEAN REYNOLDS!!!!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:44 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Come on now, guys, I wasn't profiling the average Acaeum member (whom we all know is 30-40). Just one fool who insists on trying to be a leader in a group that has none, and needs none.

BTW, just laughed so hard at this I spit cola all over my opened copy of "All Music Guide to Rock"....the page about the Pixies just took it full on. Nice one Dead.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:08 am 

TX.
Who is Sean Reynolds?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:53 am 

cbsnews.com/elements/2003/10/13/iraq/wh ... rson.shtml

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:55 am 

http://www.emmerdale.org/emmerdale/profiles/sean.htm

PreviousNext