Ok it's time
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:30 pm 

Alrighty then. Mister max has gotten a little looped tonight. So lets be right up front on who we are ont his board. I hate to slam someone so lets all be honest here. no real names but real employers. Ok I for one am a wizards employee. i will give a hint. I work in building A on the first floor. any guesses? Cmon guys I did it. you too.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:38 pm 

maxwell wrote:Alrighty then. Mister max has gotten a little looped tonight. So lets be right up front on who we are ont his board. I hate to slam someone so lets all be honest here. no real names but real employers. Ok I for one am a wizards employee. i will give a hint. I work in building A on the first floor. any guesses? Cmon guys I did it. you too.

How about the janitor?  I suspect the closet would be on te 1st floor .... :lol:

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:43 pm 

Oh you are so funny my aussie buddy! I am a glorified janitor so you figure out what that means. I met, seen smoked with all the AD&D greats. I love you man!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it, You thought I fucked you on a shipment and ol' max came through didnt He!!!!!!!! Hey dude can you score some sumsum?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:09 pm 

Yep you did ... received the Jade.  Thanks!

M.

P.S. Since Australia is the land of plenty we can get anything you want here :-)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:41 pm 

maxwell wrote:Oh you are so funny my aussie buddy! I am a glorified janitor so you figure out what that means. I met, seen smoked with all the AD&D greats. I love you man!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it, You thought I fucked you on a shipment and ol' max came through didnt He!!!!!!!! Hey dude can you score some sumsum?

Max, you're supposed to be SELLING the games, not SMOKING them.  

Rock On!

You are really Dave Trampier.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:36 am 

Max whatever you're smoking I want some :) . Do all the TSR employees smoke? I just have to ask.  :lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:04 pm 

Well, if we're going to be up front about who we are.....
I'm a network engineer, 12 years now. Since I have previous military experience, I've worked on many interesting government contracts, as well as civilian ones.
Not sure why working for WoTC would qualify anyone as a demigod, though. Not only is is Hasbroized, it is a power-gamer's haven at this juncture. Had you worked there 20 years ago, well, even then, I don't think this board is about who works where. I don't think my job is any more useful or important than the person who runs the counter at my favorite coffee shop. We are all equal here, regardless of collection size or occupation.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:20 pm 

Man o man their is just no fun with you is there? Your ditty at the bottom of your posts is true aint it? Demigod wow-ee. Hit the pipe and ease up your majesty. I didnt mean to threaten you. God aint that twice now I have had to cater to you. I said my collection dwarfs most on ACAEUM and you barked and now your barking again. Drop the rock bro.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:30 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Well, if we're going to be up front about who we are.....
I'm a network engineer, 12 years now. Since I have previous military experience, I've worked on many interesting government contracts, as well as civilian ones.
Not sure why working for WoTC would qualify anyone as a demigod, though. Not only is is Hasbroized, it is a power-gamer's haven at this juncture. Had you worked there 20 years ago, well, even then, I don't think this board is about who works where. I don't think my job is any more useful or important than the person who runs the counter at my favorite coffee shop. We are all equal here, regardless of collection size or occupation.

Actually Deadlord36 makes a fine point, I'm glad someone said something cuz I didn't wanna throw the first stone.  

I'm sure you're happy working at WoTC, and I'm sure you make a fine contribution there, but it isn't exactly something I'd brag about on here.  Most of us are stuck in our 1st (2nd?) Edition ways and don't really see much value in WoTC.  Everything in my collection is at least 10 years old, some far more.  I'll always think of WoTC as the guys who gave me false hope of a D&D renaissance, and then produced -- well, whatever 3rd Ed is.  I haven't played in over a decade, but if I did it would be 1st Ed.  

Frank, I think the word you were looking for was demagogue. ;)

YIM  

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:46 pm 

Yes its true, we sit around all day in rhemoraz row and think up ways we can screw the game up. its fun and an all day long party. Not really but it is fun. I like first and second and actually think turd sucks but it pays the bills. So enough said and I wont post no more. Only sales from here on out. Too many whiners visit here. Want to talk, buy something. Smoke and toke cause 1 in particular can't take a joke. So you win bro, you are the champ, you are the victor. Their can be only one and its you deadlord. You are the cock on this block. I just can't let it go without one more comment however. I recall you saying once that you wouldnt buy from mouthy little me and I think you havent so I cannot call you a liar but I think it was infered that many others wouldnt as well. That is plain wrong. I have sold plenty without you and hope to do the same for a long long time. Your not the only customer in the world and as far as I am concerned lots of others have some pretty deep pockets.

Rock on brother.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:47 pm 

Ah well, it's rather rare that I see a thread on this forum that is as useless as this one.  Of course when Max comes down from the stuff he's been smoking, he'll probably see this thread and wonder what in the hell possessed him to do it.  Either that or he already knows, and this is a clever ploy to draw people out for some purpose that only he knows of.

Max, regarding you working for WotC, one thing I have to ask.  Were you part of the development crew that made Dungeons & Dragons what it is today, a pathetic, bloated, overly mechanical imitation of something that was great?

Oh and Max, somehow I don't think anyone is feeling threatened by you.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:49 pm 

Traveller wrote:Ah well, it's rather rare that I see a thread on this forum that is as useless as this one.  Of course when Max comes down from the stuff he's been smoking, he'll probably see this thread and wonder what in the hell possessed him to do it.  Either that or he already knows, and this is a clever ploy to draw people out for some purpose that only he knows of.

Max, regarding you working for WotC, one thing I have to ask.  Were you part of the development crew that made Dungeons & Dragons what it is today, a pathetic, bloated, overly mechanical imitation of something that was great?

Oh and Max, somehow I don't think anyone is feeling threatened by you.

I liked the rhymes, though.  Ah well.

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:04 pm 

Traveller wrote:Ah well, it's rather rare that I see a thread on this forum that is as useless as this one.

Not to mention pointless, trivial, and incomprehensible. Much like Third Edition/d20 ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:22 pm 

maxwell wrote:Yes its true, we sit around all day in rhemoraz row and think up ways we can screw the game up. its fun and an all day long party. Not really but it is fun. I like first and second and actually think turd sucks but it pays the bills. So enough said and I wont post no more. Only sales from here on out. Too many whiners visit here. Want to talk, buy something. Smoke and toke cause 1 in particular can't take a joke. So you win bro, you are the champ, you are the victor. Their can be only one and its you deadlord. You are the cock on this block. I just can't let it go without one more comment however. I recall you saying once that you wouldnt buy from mouthy little me and I think you havent so I cannot call you a liar but I think it was infered that many others wouldnt as well. That is plain wrong. I have sold plenty without you and hope to do the same for a long long time. Your not the only customer in the world and as far as I am concerned lots of others have some pretty deep pockets.

Rock on brother.

Oh please.  Does it really matter how big someone's collection is?  I can't speak for Deadlord, but he and the other major collectors on this forum don't strike me as the type who give a rat's ass about how big their collections are.  I don't see them sniping back and forth on these forums with "My collection is bigger than yours."  "No mine is."  "Me, look at me!  My collection dwarfs all of yours."  They love this game, and that's really all that matters at The Acaeum.  If it was all about them, as you seem to portray, I should have been kicked out some time ago.  I don't have a very large D&D collection.  In fact, my other RPG's dwarf my D&D material by a factor of about 6 1/2 times.  My Traveller and Star Trek material by themselves account for the bulk of my collection.  Yet I am still here, because I love D&D.  It and Traveller were the two games I grew up with.  I am here because I do collect, even if my collection isn't all D&D.  I like to see what these guys offer, and I like to find out what is available out there.  I like this community, and the people that are in it.  And in spite of my qurks, I do feel that I've been accepted here, or at the very least tolerated.

Max, I'm wondering just who is jealous of whom here?  I don't believe that "the big five" as you so put it in your auctions really care about how large their collections are.  They're here because they love the game.  The only person on these forums who has been constantly whining since day one regarding the people here is you.

I see a persecution complex, driven by deep feelings of inadequacy.  I do not know what compells you to continue trying to be the biggest fish in the pond, but such a quest is a hollow pursuit in this community.  These guys don't have to come here, and neither do you.  But they love the game, while for you it all seems to be all about the money, the glory, and the prestige.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:24 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Not to mention pointless, trivial, and incomprehensible. Much like Third Edition/d20 ...

Amen to that.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:58 pm 

Didn't realize I was firing the first salvo in a war!
I really didn't mean it as a personal attack, Maxie. Just pointing out that this forum is not based on size, but on quality. If most of the women I have known were of like mind, I'd have led a happier life.......
I honestly don't recall saying I wouldn't buy from you. It is possible I did, but I don't remember.
I'm sure that many of the people here think that your employment with Wizards is a fantasy, perhaps a WoTC/THC partnership. What you COULD do is post a valid Wizards e-mail address that won't bounce as undeliverable. That would make your claim more solid than resinated bong smoke. But either way, it really doesn't matter. As has been stated, the forum is about D&D collecting, not the size of D&D collections.
Who coined the phrase "Big Five" BTW? Who does this group consist of?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:56 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Who coined the phrase "Big Five" BTW? Who does this group consist of?

The first time I saw "Big Five" was in a Maxwell post from Nov. 22 (wherein he refers to a "Fab Five" of Acaeum members/serious collectors). I initially had the same question — "Who ARE these people?" — but quickly decided I didn't really care. If Acaeum membership was based on collection size, I would have been kicked out a long time ago ...

BTW, Maxwell's first post (if I'm reading these search results correctly) was a poll: "how big is your AD&D collection?" (from April of 2003). So he — and, by extension, we — have come full circle since then: the exact same topic is being vomited forth in January of 2005.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:37 pm 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Next