Bidding Fury
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:51 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I am a big collector of mini's.  I buy multiples of packs and try to get at least one mint example of each one.  Preferably I get one in the pack and one out of the pack; the one out of the pack may eventually get painted by my very talented wife (check out mini painting website Blackmoor Miniatures Home)

Do painted mini's go for more than unpainted mini's?  You bet, we get between $80.00 - $220.00 for each one either by auction or consigment.

After obataining virtually a complete D&D and AD&D collection, branching to miniatures was a natual progression for me and personally I like the Rallidium/Pewter ones better, they tougher and stay shiny while the lead ones eventually turn very dark if left unprimed/painted!!  :D

So how do you get your wife to paint hot nude/semi-nude miniatures?  Or does she like painting them?

Here's an example:

Acrobat

Either way, you are one lucky guy!  Anyway, I've seen her work before and it's great.

Just to add to your comments, well-painted high-quality minis go for good money...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:17 pm 

dbartman wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:I am a big collector of mini's.  I buy multiples of packs and try to get at least one mint example of each one.  Preferably I get one in the pack and one out of the pack; the one out of the pack may eventually get painted by my very talented wife (check out mini painting website Blackmoor Miniatures Home)

Do painted mini's go for more than unpainted mini's?  You bet, we get between $80.00 - $220.00 for each one either by auction or consigment.

After obataining virtually a complete D&D and AD&D collection, branching to miniatures was a natual progression for me and personally I like the Rallidium/Pewter ones better, they tougher and stay shiny while the lead ones eventually turn very dark if left unprimed/painted!!  :D

So how do you get your wife to paint hot nude/semi-nude miniatures?  Or does she like painting them?

Here's an example:

Acrobat

Either way, you are one lucky guy!  Anyway, I've seen her work before and it's great.

Just to add to your comments, well-painted high-quality minis go for good money...

She likes painting the hotties the most, lots of fleshy parts :D   That's exactly what the customers demand as well 8)  8)   She keeps old copies of Playboys around for reference.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:03 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:So this has become the miniature collecting thread. Then I might as well post my questions here...

I am sometimes adding miniatures to my AD&D collection. Not seriously, minis are not in my collecting focus (yet). However, I noticed that with most of the blisters I bought or saw on eBay, they were far from mint condition. I doubt that mint condition even exists for the old (15+ years) miniatures. Have you ever seen such condition?

I have. Many of the ones i sell are in what should be considered mint condition. Most of the minis i sold came from the back stock of some local rpg shops. Many of them are still in the same condition as delivered by RP.
But it`s difficult to tell, with the different versions and stickers and all...

This reminds me that i should probably do a scan of the actual blister for each auction and state describe the condition. But it`s such a pain in the a$$...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:09 am 

Ekim Toor wrote:I also noticed the $70 death knight. That helped the average I bet, huh Frank? I also noticed the red & gold dragons going for cheap ($20)

In fact the average is a little low overall. Lots of auctions with 1 bid only went for $ 5 or $ 7. the dragons quite low. On some most of the boxed sets i even lost money. Add to that te dreadful $/euro exchange rate...
2 years ago when i sold these regularly i made much more overall.

I only went after one blister this time, and I was shocked to see that I got the Sahugin I for only $32...saw a blister of those buggers go for about $70 a couple of weeks ago.

I saw that one too. I think anything over $ 50 is definitely a bidding frenzy gone bad or someone really wanting it and not caring what it costs. I was recently offered  $ 50 for a kenku blister. The Pit Fiend, Maralith, Remorhaz and some others often went for $ 40 plus though.

Is anyone up for swapping doubles lists? I think we could help each other out.  I need about 100 to complete the entire 11 series.....anyone else close?

Well i have no minis myself so no swapping.
In case anyone wants to buy some minis here are my new lists:
LUH - Error404
LUH - Error404

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:23 am 

I regret not going after more Frank, some of those prices reminded me of the early ebay days...when it was free picking.

Frank,
I'll e-mail you my want list.

Question: Could someone post the checklist of the battlesystem mini's? (the 900's) Also, wanted to ask what is everyone's favorite 11 series mini?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:17 am 

I just listed some new auctions on ebay. So hopefuly here goes another bidding frenzy!!!

Also check out my post in the classifieds boards for a list of the 01-xxx 02-xxx and Imports mins i have available. Those are gonna be a bit cheaper that the 11 series overall. The backlist for the 11 series is still acurate, here`s the links again:

LUH - Error404
LUH - Error404

I`m still waiting for that want list Mike, let me know!

BTW there`s some 9xx minis on ebay ATM.

Oh and my favorite 11-series mini is probably the Marid (as djinni, in blue) and the Erinyes (demonic, angelic )(Found those pics somewhere on the net, I didn`t paint them yet..)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:33 am 

When you posted your first list I sent a pm but you never replied to me about shipping costs and prices of items to the USA.

I am still missing some box sets so I have an interest, but I guess id like to know if overseas isnt something you wantto get into.

frankfromgermany wrote:I just listed some new auctions on ebay. So hopefuly here goes another bidding frenzy!!!

Also check out my post in the classifieds boards for a list of the 01-xxx 02-xxx and Imports mins i have available. Those are gonna be a bit cheaper that the 11 series overall. The backlist for the 11 series is still acurate, here`s the links again:

LUH - Error404
LUH - Error404

I`m still waiting for that want list Mike, let me know!

BTW there`s some 9xx minis on ebay ATM.

Oh and my favorite 11-series mini is probably the Marid (as djinni, in blue) and the Erinyes (demonic, angelic )(Found those pics somewhere on the net, I didn`t paint them yet..)

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:58 pm 

Overseas shipping is no problem for me. I have paypal (or you can even send a check to a friend of mine in the US) and I charge only the actual postage costs.

Can you resend the PM please or better yet email me it ?

Previous