Noble Knight on Ebay
Author

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:09 pm 

I felt I had to post this because it really made me chuckle-

I have purchased multiple things from Noble Knight over the past year but the last 3 things that I purchased were each a worst experience than the last.  Short story is I ordered 3 items at a month or 2 intervals and each item was not listed properly - one was a box set that said complete, but later in the fine print said  no dice, the 2nd was an Eldritch Wizardry that had a stock picture , but in reality had no freaking cover and the last item (and the one that sent me over the edge) was a Character Checklist whose picture clearly was a first printing, but when I received the order it was a 2nd printing version.  I had not complained on the previous times, just chalked it up to doing business on eBay, but I sent them a scathing complaint this time.  They did refund me no questions asked but I guess they did a little something extra which I inadvertently found out today while browsing some items .

I vowed never to buy from these (crooks, dummies, whatever) again but I accidentally hit the BIN on one of their auctions before I realized it was NK.  Lo and behold- "NOBLE KNIGHT DOES NOT ALLOW PURCHASES FROM BUYERS THAT DON'T MEET THEIR CRITERIA" .  Since I have been on eBay for over 13 years and have perfect feedback approaching 1000, I assume NK doesn't want customers who actually want to receive what we order!

I was initially angry, but actually now am relieved that I wont ever accidentally purchase something from these crooks again!  I know that several of you have had good luck with this operation, but I did not. In fact the only issue I have had from buyers or sellers over the past year were these 3 orders all from them!

I didn't even know you could ban individuals for no apparent reason other than the fact that they complain when they get the incorrect product!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:28 pm 

I don't like Noble Knight either, my dislike of them is quite well known here on the Acaeum.

On another note I sell on ebay as well and I ban bidders all the time: complainers, people that ask to any questions, people who ask for dumb discounts etc. Not being able to negative feedback means that is all a seller can do now days!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:00 am 

Here's some fun bedtime reading!

full disclosure... I have not recently had a bad purchase but I haven't been buying from them very much. When I do it's typically not high dollar items. The worst thing that came to mind some years back was a box full of stuff that REEEEEEEKED of cigarette smoke and no mention of it was ever made.

NobleKnightGames is getting PATHETIC

Re: Bad Transaction with Noble Knight or I owe Gnat an Apolo

How is Noble Knight?

Just had an excellent transaction with Noble Knight

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:26 am 

I'm VERY selective when buying from them.  Like misterspock said, usually low $ items.  I think I may have purchased three things from them in the last six months.  Surprisingly, knock on wood, I have no complaints.  Items were just as described and arrived lightning fast (but I live in Wisconsin).  

Honestly, I try to avoid them as much as possible.   I think their pricing scale is WAY out of wack for what fair market value actually is.  Case in point, they just posted a Dragon #1 for like $695  8O .  The listing ended very quickly.  Maybe someone actually purchased it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:33 am 

I'm sorry to hear the horror stories. I think as long as you know your prices and steer clear of the hopefully-priced items, you should be fine. No excuse for not showing the correct product though. Like I posted in another thread, I buy most of my new rpg product through NK because I can combine-ship across lines, so it works for me.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:10 pm 

I've bought books from NobleKnight more than a few times, and never had any problems. Just got lucky, I guess.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:19 am 

I understand a honest mistake once in awhile, but these seem to be habitual errors that are against listing policies of eBay- I noticed a white box ad of theirs that had in the title "Box-Fair Condition" and in the small print said "no box" ....I mean WTF, really??? This just isn't good business IMHO.  

Thanks for sharing your opinions and experiences as well!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:01 am 

Blackmoor wrote in Noble Knight on Ebay:I don't like Noble Knight either, my dislike of them is quite well known here on the Acaeum.

On another note I sell on ebay as well and I ban bidders all the time: complainers, people that ask to any questions, people who ask for dumb discounts etc. Not being able to negative feedback means that is all a seller can do now days!

I agree with you 100%! I should ban more often.  IMO anyone asking a bunch of questions is going to be a PITA. And those that offer $2 for an already well priced $10 BIN. Just my

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:08 am 

I have bought items from NKG in the past and my experiences were fine.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:00 pm 

I've done several purchases from NKG without any problems.  They're prices seem fantastically high for most stuff, but then again... they have it in stock.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:28 pm 

Another +1 for NK from me. I've bought lots from them and have always been very happy. They also handle international shipping very well - often half the price f other retailers with no loss of quality. If you feel that their prices are too high then surely you have the option not to buy their stuff.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:22 pm 

I have purchased from them in the past with no complaints. My only issue is on some items their pricing is just ridiculous!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:30 pm 

I thought this was funny. I'm pretty sure I've seen them do this before

Grab the VERY GOOD CONDITION "box set" while you can!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

You have to read the details to find ... there's no box! How do you know these came in a box to begin with?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 pm 

I bought my woodgrain from NKG. It was not cheap. And, it was better than I hoped. Maybe the best I have ever seen, and certainly better than any I have touched.

But... I do have my problems with them, all of which are related to prices. I get it. But, I don't have to pay it. So I have not.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:19 pm 

misterspock wrote in Noble Knight on Ebay:I thought this was funny. I'm pretty sure I've seen them do this before

Grab the VERY GOOD CONDITION "box set" while you can!

You have to read the details to find ... there's no box! How do you know these came in a box to begin with?

LOL!  That's exactly what I am talking about- Ive seen that on several of their auctions  :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:21 pm 

All the problems I've had with NK are their ebay sales. They seem to have followed the Troll and Toad pattern. I purchased a large number of Tekumel items one time and instead of the pictured item they were either cheap photocopies or unbelievably bad reprints. I didn't miss anything in the ad, they just didn't mention or picture the actual items and showed only the 1st prints. I dealt with their ebay manager and they were very rude and unhelpful. I've been screwed over by their ebay sales 3 times over the years, nothing expensive but a bait and switch kind of selling that makes NK one the companies I normally exclude from ebay searches.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 pm 

btw this is a quote from THEIR OWN grading system

Boxed items are listed as ‘code/code' where the first code represents the box, and the second code describes the contents. When only one condition is listed, then the box and contents are in the same condition. If a book is listed in the same fashion, the first code represents the cover, and the second code the interior.

so...
TSR D&D - Original White Box (Collector's Edition) Box VG

= both contents and box are in the same condition!

Shouldn't it be at best "Poor / VG" ??? I guess their auction titles don't include half the info anyways.

I mean, how do they even know the box is "White" if there is no box :?:  :!:

I'll stop harping on this too but one last one since I ran across this this one when I was after a Ravenloft card deck..
Keep in mind their "grading system"

then in the description...
TSR Ravenloft TSR Forbidden Lore (Fair/VG+) (no dice or cards)

How can the set be missing the dice and the tarot/tarokka deck and the contents be listed in good conscience as "VG" PDT_Armataz_01_19
Literally, if there was just the box and one of the booklets (missing the rest of the booklets), it would still be rated the same!

and in this Woodgrain auction, if you have notations on five pages and stains in the booklet, then you can feel comfortable to say it's just a hair under NM!
Vol. 2 Monsters & Treasure - The second book of the set has several stains on the cover, though none on the interior. Much like the first volume it also has a few notations on pages 3, 14, 18, 24, 32. These notations are more substantive than in the first volume, but only on the noted pages. Other than these notations there is no other damage to the interior, making the book VG/NM.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:59 pm 

I'm certainly not a fan of NK pricing but I did just buy a few items direct from the NK site and their customer service was great.  There was some confusion on the order, they caught it, emailed me and then threw in a few freebies.  :)

I HATE their grading and descriptions on Ebay, but this time I feel I should give them a pat on the back.

Carpe DM!

Next