Feedback Extortion from Cougar...
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 31, 2, 3
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:14 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:I've just noticed....
Cougarrind has gone from a Titanium Power Seller to a Silver Power Seller.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 8&rd=1

That's a lot of gold! I wonder if someone from eBay has had a word with him?


He sure sells a lot of stuff though, hundreds of items every month.  Hard to keep a scorcard on that kind of volume!!


say what you want about the guy, but i wish i had the stuff he's got :D
he's always been really cool with me - biz is biz in the end aint it? :)


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:40 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:He sure sells a lot of stuff though, hundreds of items every month. Hard to keep a scorcard on that kind of volume!!


Well. . . it's not that hard.  The power seller ranks are


Bronze  $1000
Silver          $3000
Gold         $10,000         
Platinum  $25,000   
Titanium  $150,000
                        

Even if he sells 1,000 items a month they would have to average $10.00 each to be a gold!  They would have to average $150 each to reach Titanium!!!!

It's easy to check how many are sold. . .  just do a complete items for the last 30 days. . . .


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3597
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2022
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:43 pm 
 

beyondthebreach wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:He sure sells a lot of stuff though, hundreds of items every month. Hard to keep a scorcard on that kind of volume!!


Well. . . it's not that hard.  The power seller ranks are


Bronze  $1000
Silver          $3000
Gold         $10,000         
Platinum  $25,000   
Titanium  $150,000
                        

Even if he sells 1,000 items a month they would have to average $10.00
each to be a gold!  They would have to average $150 each to reach Titanium!!!!

It's easy to check how many are sold. . .  just do a complete items for the last 30 days. . . .


The sales are averaged out over the last three months so if you sell $10,000 in one month you are a silver spower seller for 3 months.  Unlikely he was ever a titanium power weller though!


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:26 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
The sales are averaged out over the last three months so if you sell $10,000 in one month you are a silver spower seller for 3 months.  Unlikely he was ever a titanium power weller though!


hey blackmoor, whats a titanium power weller :D


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6836
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 07, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:44 pm 
 

A guy who pulls up 150,000 buckets a month....

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:55 pm 
 

hehehhe good one  :lol:


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3597
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2022
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:57 pm 
 

OOPS  :lol:  :lol:


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:01 pm 
 

ne'mind blackmoor - it gave me a right ol' snigger that did :)


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3597
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2022
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:20 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:ne'mind blackmoor - it gave me a right ol' snigger that did :)


You can sense an accent in that line aye!


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:41 pm 
 

well i gotta say from my own stance, i've always found cougar to be a top bloke when i have dealt with him. i dont really agree with ppl who sell and leave feedback AFTER others. thats not good form imo, but well each to their own - i just think its wrong.

i think there should be a clearer guideline in relation to the feedback thing.

after all - i am still waiting for a feedback off ralf *snigger* but at the end of the day, its no biggie really....you cant force ppl to do it.

i think if you dont leave feedback for someone who has left it for you, after a certain time, ie. a week or something, your feedback point thats been given should be deducted. i think that would solve the problem one way or the other without any moaning from anyone.

for instance, i had a guy there a few months ago who won 6 items from me. he left 1 feedback and deleted the other 5 and said he couldnt be bothered leaving the other 5. so what do you do? i left 6, he left 1.

sure i could be like cougar does, but all it will do is stop someone coming back to bid again imo....cos nobody really likes any form of harrassment.

well thats my pennies worth anyway :D


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 194
Joined: Nov 05, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 08, 2022
Location: Charleston, SC

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:34 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:for instance, i had a guy there a few months ago who won 6 items from me. he left 1 feedback and deleted the other 5 and said he couldnt be bothered leaving the other 5. so what do you do? i left 6, he left 1.


I do that, why bother with multiple feedback for the same seller/buyer? Only the first one is counted anyway. Either you have to sit there and think up six unique comments or post the same comment six times which looks kinda stupid IMO.

Of course I make an exception if the service is truly outstanding or poor and I cannot fit all of my thoughts in one comment.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:34 am 
 

i'm just an obsessive compulsive so i just like it all sorted :) but in the end its no real biggie - i will deal with the guy again no doubt, so as long as i know how they do feedback then thats cool with me! :)


Are we nearly there yet?

  
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 31, 2, 3