Feedback Extortion from Cougar...
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:39 pm 

Not that everyone else hasn't figured it out already, but I thought I'd vocalize it: the Coug has managed to severly negatively affect his business, despite his wonderful 99-percent feedback and titanium-adamantium seller status.

I mean, think about it: he has managed to completely alienate the 300-plus members of these forums, which just happen to be home to a lot of very serious collectors. Angering the group that has the potential to bring your business a lot of income is no way to operate.

Seriously, how many of us have him blocked? How many of us refuse to bid on his stuff? How many of us **cough, cough** sometimes go on eBay and bid on items the Coug is chasing, just to drive up his final price? Now, multiply Acaeum members doing this practically every day of the week and it's easy to see that the Coug is, literally, taking money out of his own pocket. What a moron.

Like I said, I'm not breaking any new ground here; I just felt the need to vent. Stupid people really frustrate me.  :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:47 pm 

Hey Burnie,

Did you have BINs on your sealed modules or did Cougar screw that up for the rest of us?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:53 pm 

Nah there were no BIN's, there were 0 bids for a couple days I think when he first put them up.

If the buy it now is so important to you all then i suggest putting a small reserve price up so it stsicks around until someone throws a semi serious bid up (ive done this many times), otherwise I dont see what all the whining is about you should all be ebay savvy by now.

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Hey Burnie,

Did you have BINs on your sealed modules or did Cougar screw that up for the rest of us?

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:53 pm 

I have been away for a year with family issues.   Just got back on and seen this thread.

Well I can only tell ya's I banned Coug, after he low bid 3  BIM in a row on me to stop others from Buying them.  

I never contacted him after I seen an item he had. I emailed him about the postage for a single module, and was told it would be about $23 dollars.  That was all I needed to hear. I ignore ANY and EVERY aution that has anything other than U.S. or Canadian Curency.

Well Ok unless its a REALLY nice item. LOL  So longs as its NOT an item of Cougs, I will often watch it.

Bruce Thibodeau

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:32 pm 

Here's some typical Coug-like idiocy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947711423

The seller clearly states he ships only within the States. You just know the Coug is going to win, then beg the seller to ship overseas (or else claim he "didn't see" the restriction).

I e-mailed the seller to warn him. Possibly, it's none of my business; then again, the Coug brings this sort of karma down on himself. Hell with him.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:24 am 

I dont want couger to get that lot, but where does it say ONLY to the US?

I can understand sellers not wanting to ship one 5$ module overseas, but frankly sellers who wont ship significant stuff overseas are lazy and stupid.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:39 am 

When it says "Will ship to United States" - then that is the only country.  If there were more countries, they would be listed, if it was to "anywhere" it would say "Worldwide".

This lot is decent and it sure has a bunch of stuff. . . I had previously valued this grouping and I would max my bid out at $283.67.  Taking into account all the descriptions, it is not as desirable as it may seem. . . . lots of trouble reselling some of this stuff in the condition listed and many incompletes.  Even at the above price, I would be looking at a resale value of anywhere from $30 - 100 . .  . and that's not a very good profit margin (the wide range depends largely on the final condition of many of the items - careful, that B11 & B12 that you were hoping for $15+ each might be missing their inserts!) I would rather have it at around $225.00 and the higher max is only if I needed some inventory.

Luckily, I am heavy on items and have spent some cash recently, so more will be coming soon.

This all means, that I am not interested in this one at all.   I think the passionate newbie who is bidding on will get in anyway.  NEVER BID against a newbie on a large lot like this.  Snipe 'em and let 'em learn. . . I don't think the "C-man" ever snipes.

Besides, by my calculations, this auction ends at around 2:30 AM in the U.K.  Far to early in the wee hours of the morning for bids to come in from certain sectors.  (hint, hint)  :wink:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:41 pm 

Badmike wrote:
lawrenson wrote:Hi All,

I bought something from him a while ago, and was then bombarded with
requests for feedback.

Eventually I emailed him saying that it was my policy to only leave feedback after the seller had first done so for my prompt payment.

Needless to say, I got no feedback from him.

He did stop sending me the annoying emails tho.

Cheers,
Malcolm

#1 Why is anyone still dealing with Cougarretard?  Unless it's a unique item or you live in the UK, he's gotten enough bad press over the years to justify staying far away from him. I don't think he's sold anything I've been interested in ever, at least not in the last few years.

#2 If he bombards you with feedback coercion, simply block him by reporting him to Ebay for harrassment.  I had to do this to a moron a few months back who kept asking me why I was charging so much for D&D stuff...kept trying to contact me through ebay and I finally reported him, suddenly he stopped.  End of problem.

#3 If he wants feedback, use the Badmike3 patented 90 day rule.  You can leave feedback up to 90 days from sale....for those special idiots who sell me crap or don't pay for their items they buy, I mark ahead on my calendar 89 days....then blast them with a nasty neg that 89th night.  Rarely do they notice the neg fast enough to retaliate.  Done it dozens of times now, never been hit with retalitory neg in return yet.

#4 Yes you can block bidders. There should be a link on the general help page I believe.

#5 Again, why is anyone still doing business with Cougar retard?

Mike B.

Hey guys, a newbie here.
I purchased 2 items from "the coug", and although he didn't return my emails, he didn't overstate the pruduct, or overcharge me on shipping (Kingdoms of Kalamar 2nd ed adventures).
He also didn't "extort feedback" from me - not that I would take that kind of BS.
Guess I'm the exception to the rule.
Thanks for the Heads-up, though.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:55 am 

I have bought the odd thing from the guy.  Not bad stuff or shipping and no feedback issues either.  Just a little slow is all.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:12 pm 

What's in this lot that has Coug so worked up?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

He's up at $85 and it's gonna cost him $67 to ship it to the UK. A don't see that much profit in it for him.

Anyone?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:07 pm 

Not sure how many Thieves Guild supplements are in that binder but if they could be the draw. Anyone see anything else that might be the cause?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:30 am 

He will pester the seller to m-bag it to him, shipping will be $20 or less.

The dollar's exchange value is much lower than the GBP so keep in mind when cougar shops in ebay USA its like a constant half price sale.

mbassoc2003 wrote:What's in this lot that has Coug so worked up?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

He's up at $85 and it's gonna cost him $67 to ship it to the UK. A don't see that much profit in it for him.

Anyone?

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:38 am 

What is m-bag?

I'm a UK bidder. I was gonna bid for the Thieves Guild stuff, and the hope thet tha maps for CSIO might have come with a 1st edition book.

The seller told me shipping would be $67, and USPS website came up with the same sort of figure. I'd be curious to know what m-bag is.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:00 am 

about1456.html

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:02 am 

m-bags:

about1456.html

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:31 am 

or even better;)

USPS.com® - File or Page Requested Not Found

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:55 pm 

I've just noticed....
Cougarrind has gone from a Titanium Power Seller to a Silver Power Seller.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 8&rd=1

That's a lot of gold! I wonder if someone from eBay has had a word with him?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:00 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I've just noticed....
Cougarrind has gone from a Titanium Power Seller to a Silver Power Seller.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 8&rd=1

That's a lot of gold! I wonder if someone from eBay has had a word with him?

He sure sells a lot of stuff though, hundreds of items every month.  Hard to keep a scorcard on that kind of volume!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext