Rare 3rd Edition items?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:52 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Last week - cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAPPAN-ATHUK-RELOADED-BO ... p1638.m122

I've seen RAL go on eBay for a slow as $60 in EX condition, but the cartography is fantastic and it's well worth owning a copy just to see how how mapmaking should be done. Even as someone who only deals and collects 1E, I picked this up as reference material. The map making is up there with Thieves Quarter and the JG greats. Lots of detail. Plenty of expandability. Plenty of unexpected delights. Good old fashioned D&D mapping like you did in your school jotters.
You can buy the PDF when it's on sale. It'll cost you $39.99.

Thanks for that. I'm always interested in something with a great map. Maybe we should have a thread just for D&D items with great maps.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:05 pm 

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you some interesting maps.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:43 pm 

Was there a 3.5 II edition Dungeons Master guide with a misprint. I thought the reason I picked one up on eBay was it was misprinted in some way I paid less than or close to cover price if I recall and have never seen an auction on it since (not that I have paid a whole lot of attention.) I hope this is the correct thread for something like this. If I remember the pages are out of order or re-cover the same stuff. I have looked through the book bit I don't really see anything out of the ordinary.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:38 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Here is some high prices

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Ptolus: Monte Cook's City By the Spire

This alos very expensive when it came out

Holy crap!  I sure am glad I picked this sucker up when it first came out.  I got it for less than retail which IIRC was right at $100.  I have seen a couple of copies still sitting on the shelf at one of the local game stores but everywhere else is pretty much out of them.  I wonder how many were printed and of the amount printed how many were actually sold?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:28 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Here is some high prices

Ptolus: Monte Cook's City By the Spire

This alos very expensive when it came out

A lot of places sold out of this one quick and I don't think it ever got reprinted.  Monte Cook's name probably helps the price as well.  This may be one to keep going up in price.  I also still need a copy of it as well.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:21 am 

I think some products that got really low print runs will go for big bucks to the handfull of people that want them, and be of no value to anyone else. Like the new Temple of the Frog 3E update module that came out last Gen Con from Dave Arneson's company (not the WOTC online sequel adventure). There may be 100 or less copies in print, and I have yet to find anyone that actually owns a copy. If one ever pops up on Ebay, there will probably two or three people that will bid it up pretty high.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:32 am 

Wow, even opened and with a crusty stain on the box lid, this Rappan Athuk Reloaded went for over $100:

Let mirth prevail!

Previous