Were do most of you acquire items for your collection???
Poll: Were do you get most of your items from??

Ebay 67%       67%  [ 10 ]
Gaming Stores 20%       20%  [ 3 ]
Trading/buying from other Collectors 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Online Resellers 13%       13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:12 am 

Hey guys, were do most of you obtain items for your collection? I added a poll to see what most people use. I use a combination of ebay/other collectors/online resellers though I would say ebay helped me obtain and got me started in the collecting part.  What about the rest of you?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:10 am 

also i have bought some stuff at conventions - but i don't like it that much, the prices are high-ish and the sellers seem pretty oily (apologies to the non-oily ones on the this forum of course).  i also get a bit fed up with ebay sometimes - although it is what i do 70% of my buying and selling on.  In the UK we don't have lots of dusty old games-stores.  i imagine in the states it is possible to roll up to some small dusty town (in my imagination it ios always somehere in the desert) and find a whole back-catalogue of out of print RPG stuff.  (sigh)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:10 pm 

Yep over here in the United States go to a old or small town or even a large town and you can find an old gaming store with some out of print stuff and incredible items Heck just in Southern California alone a collector I know got 10+ wee warriors items lying in a box and the prices were original retail!! Crazy huh !  In Northern California there are many many old time gaming stores and they have great stuff in their store or if you ask, in storage. Sorry Grodog, I've picked them all clean so you won't find anything.