How much of your collection have you read?
Poll: How much of your collection have you read?

All of it! 16%       16%  [ 5 ]
At least 75% 35%       35%  [ 11 ]
Probably about half of it 13%       13%  [ 4 ]
About 25% 16%       16%  [ 5 ]
Only a small amount 19%       19%  [ 6 ]
What? This stuff's for reading? 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 31

Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:33 am 

And has anyone read all the products of a particular type?
Examples :
- all 1st edition manuals
- all 1st edition modules
- all 2nd edition modules
- all dragonlance modules/books/etc
- all forgotten realms modules/accessories or ...
- etc

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:31 am 

I've read all first edition AD&D manuals over and over and over and over and over and over. . .

I still have all my originals and meander through their pages on occasion.

1st edition Modules I read sporadically depending on whether I like them or not. . .

(P.S. "All" 1st edition manuals does NOT include Dragonlance Adventures which is not part of my collection and never will be. . . )  :)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:19 am 

I read the open stuff. No opening shrinkwraped pieces for me :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:55 pm 

What? This stuff's for reading?  :lol: Reminds me of a few comic collectors and sports car people I know…… 8O no joking :lol: …people who collect for strictly $collecting$ purposes kind-of-bother me. By stocks, and lose money that way :x . Leave the collectables to the true aficionados. :D

You name it, especially commons, and I've read it. I had lots of spare time on the road touring, so when I picked up new treats along the way; it was a little wizards smoke, Led Zeppelin in the headphones, and a good read along the way to the next gig :) . I once read the H 1-4 series on a two day stay in Bolder Colorado looking out over a mountain expanse. Nice inspiration!  :D

And to answer Nev's question; the only settings I can say I've definitely read all of is the Forgotten Realms and Grayhawk 1st and 2nd edition and most of the 3rd. I'd say 75%+ in the other settings and non-world specific modules.

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:08 am 

Too much to read!  It can be quite boring to read some of it in its entirety anyways.  Some modules are worth reading, especially if I'm planning to DM one.  And there are a few books & modules that really stand out.

With respect to what edition, 1st is my preference, although the 3.0/3.5 edition items are usually written quite well.  2nd, eh - it's okay.  More like novels and the detail is usually quite extensive.

With respect to a world/setting, Greyhawk is the clear preference for me.  I just been developing in it for too long.  I do enjoy some of the material written for Forgotten Realms though.