Help: Need Your Opinion on this eBay Item Photo
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:40 pm 

Please look at the photograph for this Ral Partha Monsters box set and let me know whether you are able to read what the green sticker part on the box says or not (just by the photo alone):  

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWN:IT

Thanks!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:42 pm 

Perhaps "Highly Detailed Plastic & Lead Free Pewter"??

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:18 am 

grodog wrote:Perhaps "Highly Detailed Plastic & Lead Free Pewter"??

I have this set and thta's what it says (Plastic and lead free miniatures I mean)

$90.00 for this WOWEE!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:37 am 

$90 for that box set? I think they still have this on sale at my local store. I've painted the set and most of the miniatures are plastic and require lots of flashing and possible repairs (broken off arm/legs) right out of the box. Also I'd recommend metal bases to give the miniatures some weight so they dont constantly flip over.  :)

But again I think $90 for this set is insane.   8O

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:54 pm 

The reason why I posed the question is because I couldn't read the sticker on the box in the auction's photograph.  It was too blurry.  I was wondering if it were my computer/browser that made it unreadable and everyone else could read it  relatively easily, or if everyone would have trouble reading it.  I guess it's the former and I'll need to be more careful in the future.  

I couldn't read it so I expected a set full of metal but instead got plastic.  I didn't even know that RP made separate metal and plastic box sets of this item.  $90 for a metal set is worth it to me, but plastic I consider worthless.  It looks like, though, I'll get a partial refund from the seller so not all is lost... just wish it were metal.  
:(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:19 pm 

dathon wrote:The reason why I posed the question is because I couldn't read the sticker on the box in the auction's photograph.  It was too blurry.  I was wondering if it were my computer/browser that made it unreadable and everyone else could read it  relatively easily, or if everyone would have trouble reading it.  I guess it's the former and I'll need to be more careful in the future.  

William, I downloaded the image onto my mother-in-law's PC, then opened it in Windows Picture/Fax Viewer, and zoomed in on the green sticker.  I wasn't able to read as much of it without zooming, though IIRC I had been able to discren plastic and metal, FWIW.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:56 am 

dathon wrote:The reason why I posed the question is because I couldn't read the sticker on the box in the auction's photograph.  It was too blurry.  I was wondering if it were my computer/browser that made it unreadable and everyone else could read it  relatively easily, or if everyone would have trouble reading it.  I guess it's the former and I'll need to be more careful in the future.  

I couldn't read it so I expected a set full of metal but instead got plastic.  I didn't even know that RP made separate metal and plastic box sets of this item.  $90 for a metal set is worth it to me, but plastic I consider worthless.  It looks like, though, I'll get a partial refund from the seller so not all is lost... just wish it were metal.  
:(

I do not think this set came out in anything but plastic with metal bits.  Ral Partha did do several relaeases in plastic that I know of, mainly the intro sets like Dragon Quest and such.  Still the cover to this set makes people sometimes think it is the miniature set that goes along with Temple of Elemental Evil; this is not the case.  It is just a set of mini's with the same painting. :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:51 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I do not think this set came out in anything but plastic with metal bits.  

I have the metal set of this box but it is missing two hobgoblins, which is why I was bidding on the recent eBay one.  I should be getting another set from Frank in Germany so a new, all-metal one should arrive in the new year.   :D