Good parent or Scrooge on eBay?
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:22 pm 

An interesting auction:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8156925428

If parents had done this to me with my D&D books I would have straightened out in a hurry, though I was always a pretty good kid.   :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:58 pm 

more like these guys trying to make a little xmas profit....

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:40 pm 

So what was it? It's already been shut down by the eBay police (no holiday break for those guys, apparently).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:21 pm 

Wow, I'm surprised they ripped that one down if they ended up letting the Virgin Mary toast run.  
Here's a spate of articles on the auction:

news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&a ... 492356.htm

Basically the father felt his 3 boys had been naughty so he's auctioning off their best presents on eBay instead to teach them a lesson about being nice.  The auction was over $1,000 with 2 days left even though the items were only worth a few hundred I guess.  The guy had 40 feedback at 100% positive... don't know why eBay would cancel it since he wasn't doing anything seemingly against the rules.  It was pretty funny, though.
:wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:02 pm 

It's back!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

This guy won't give up. At one point, I saw that it was up to over $1,000! YIKES! Makes me want to be naughty and sell my gifts to see what I can get for them.  :twisted:

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:24 am 

20,000 hits already YIPES!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:15 am 

dathon wrote:... don't know why eBay would cancel it since he wasn't doing anything seemingly against the rules.  It was pretty funny, though.
:wink:

eBay rules don't allow you to use your own merchant facilities to accept credit card payment.  eBay insist the use of Paypal.  Now just because they own Paypal doesn't mean they are biased in any way whatsoever.  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:07 am 

The auction's gone again. I hope that if there was/is any validity to this auction that the three boys in question really did do something fitting of the ridicule their receiving now that this little story is circulating. One thing is to strip Christmas away from you're children for punishment; it's another to parade it around in front of the world.  :evil:

The other thing is who in the heck was bidding on this stuff????  I mean come on it was at a grand or something? This is the only face I can make  :?  or maybe it was a couple of guys determined to win the stuff and give it to the boys behind their father's back, just to spite him for being such a tyrant. :twisted:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."