I have a Shipping Problem with a seller
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:30 pm 

Aneoth wrote:No names will be given here. :roll:

I choose not to give the sellers name away in this thread as the forum members would most likely run me off the message boards if I did. :?

Would any of you ship a near mint box set in an padded envelope, and expect it not to be damaged in transit?
Any box set, I am not pointing to any specific set.

Of course the box arrived crushed and 2 sides of the top and bottom of the box are also torn from shipping abuse. And the other items in the same envelope (Several modules) were not protected either, other than simple plastic bags. Some are now bent in places, but there is no way to tell if that happened in shipping or when. But, the picture of the box set (from the auction) shows NO tears and NO crushing of the box. The description indicates a VERY nice condition.

Total weight of the Contents was less than 4 pounds, shipping charged to me was $10 from a USA address to a USA address. I would have paid more if the seller had wanted me to and had packed the items in a cardboard box.

I wrote to the seller last week, with no response so far. Although when I sent the money by Paypal the seller swiftly withdrew the funds from holding.

Something else sellers might want to look into, the PO just started using "Flat rate priority boxes".  They are similar to the envelopes (except they are boxes, of course), and everything you can stuff inside goes for a flat rate of $7.70 anywhere in the US.  That way you have the protection of a free box if you don't want to go out and buy one....just charge the flat rate, stuff the box rull and let er rip.

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:31 am 

Badmike - Thanks!  I did not realize that the Post Office had come out with Flat Rate boxes.  I just looked them up on the website. . . they are good for up to 70 lbs for only $7.70!

That is a huge - it makes shipping box sets easy with a set price and should be carefully noted by all buyers. . . unless you are buying a lot of books that are too large to fit in one of these boxes, let your seller know about them.  Even with a $2.30 handling charge (which is excessive), you could get a couple dozen modules Priority shipped for a cheap price on $10.00.

(And I don't need to worry about weighing shit so exactly anymore!  8)  )

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:18 am 

Badmike wrote:Something else sellers might want to look into, the PO just started using "Flat rate priority boxes".  They are similar to the envelopes (except they are boxes, of course), and everything you can stuff inside goes for a flat rate of $7.70 anywhere in the US.  That way you have the protection of a free box if you don't want to go out and buy one....just charge the flat rate, stuff the box rull and let er rip.

Mike B.

I covet your damn flat rate boxes and envelopes! :mrgreen:

As far as I'm aware, we don't have anything like these in the UK.  Those USPS Global Priority boxes are so useful.  Seems like whoever made them had a D&D boxed set in mind.

Would it be possible to get several flatpacked boxes inside another flat rate box and send them to me? :?   I'm running low on reused ones I've received from the USA.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:16 am 

CURSES :!:

I HAVE BEEN BANNED YET AGAIN!!!

And for what reason was the ban imposed this time (and the last time)?

I asked for justice and fair treatment..... 8)

Any seller has every right to ban and exclude any buyer they choose to. Of course, they also have every right to make good and bad business decisions as they choose.

And I am NOT bragging with the following statement, or trying to impress anyone, just stating a fact that anyone here could easily attest to.

I have a collecting habit that I like to call my hobbies and I spend MANY Dollars on those collecting hobbies every year and I will spend a similar amount of money on my meager collections again this coming year. But, it seems that the list of sellers who are willing to acquire some of those dollars is shrinking at an alarmingly fast rate....

What does all this mean? Heck I don't know..... Just stating some facts.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:59 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:Badmike - Thanks!  I did not realize that the Post Office had come out with Flat Rate boxes.  I just looked them up on the website. . . they are good for up to 70 lbs for only $7.70!

That is a huge - it makes shipping box sets easy with a set price and should be carefully noted by all buyers. . . unless you are buying a lot of books that are too large to fit in one of these boxes, let your seller know about them.  Even with a $2.30 handling charge (which is excessive), you could get a couple dozen modules Priority shipped for a cheap price on $10.00.

(And I don't need to worry about weighing shit so exactly anymore!  8)  )

You want to know why the USPS loses millions of dollars every year?  Because of the genius they have somewhere in that company that decided years ago, when they used to have flat rate priority boxes, they would make more money if they started charging by region sent from and too instead of a flat rate.  So instead of one set price, I was having to jump all over their webpages trying to find the cost for a priority rate box sent from my zip to their zip.  So I stopped efffing with that and just went to media mail, which is a fraction of the cost of priority mail (although slower).  So the USPS lost millions of dollars...again...as everyone started doing this instead of bothering to send priority boxes, because I apparantly wasn't the only one who didn't want to mess with this.  So hopefully they fired that "genius" and the new guy they brought in said "Hey, maybe if we had flat rate priority boxes more people would mail priority...?"  And they slapped him on the back as if he had a great NEW idea.
  What a bunch of fucking ignoramuses.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:03 am 

Aneoth wrote:CURSES :!:

I HAVE BEEN BANNED YET AGAIN!!!

And for what reason was the ban imposed this time (and the last time)?

I asked for justice and fair treatment..... 8)

Any seller has every right to ban and exclude any buyer they choose to. Of course, they also have every right to make good and bad business decisions as they choose.

And I am NOT bragging with the following statement, or trying to impress anyone, just stating a fact that anyone here could easily attest to.

I have a collecting habit that I like to call my hobbies and I spend MANY Dollars on those collecting hobbies every year and I will spend a similar amount of money on my meager collections again this coming year. But, it seems that the list of sellers who are willing to acquire some of those dollars is shrinking at an alarmingly fast rate....

What does all this mean? Heck I don't know..... Just stating some facts.

Pretty soon the only one you are going to be able to buy anything from is the guy who is selling the Deities and Demigods for $1000 (in the Most Ridiculous Item Description thread)...
   I wish I had anything you needed, Aneoth, but I've only got one white box and it's mine  :D
   Keep up the good fight....

Mike B.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:16 pm 

8)  You got JUSTICE. Fair treatment I think so as well, but thats debatable. I gave you the entire amount you paid plus some according to your email. My perogative not to sell to you. The reason was clear to you in the email I sent you. So when you acty like nothing is your fault here I disagree. You are your own reason why you won't buy from me again.

I made everything right and then some. Lying in your post about the number of emails sent to me is why you don't buy from me. No other reason. You made out like a bandit IMO. Got to keep your stuff and get a total refund plus some. Just wanted to clear it up for the rest of the board.

Maxwell 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:30 pm 

lol I need to buy something from max then stomp on it :D

I NEED THE MONEY!  :twisted:

Previous