Recent Fun Finds
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:33 pm 

The Games Plus Auction was last Saturday, and it seemed that I was the only one bidding on Pathfinder items, and a few other items (There's a Car Wars - Tanks Boxed Set?).

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm 

Nice haul!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:37 pm 

So managed to get my hands on one of these!  In great condition, the vinyl itself is clean and only a few light scratches typical of LPs of this vintage.  Will play it later this week.  Complete with the LP inserts with the game details on it, still even has the catalog insert advertising the latest game accessories.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:54 am 

Ok it is not the "collector's grade" but i still miss the reasons behind the low ending price... i happy as i didnt own a 2nd print... however is there anything i miss for this very low final value? I am not even sure to consider it a fun finding given the total absence on competiton in the auction...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:46 pm 

not sure why, other than those were in really rough shape. No photos of the interiors but the seller said "Fair to poor" condition. didn't someone say on here (maybe it was another forum) that they had problems with the seller?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:17 pm 

aia wrote in Recent Fun Finds:Ok it is not the "collector's grade" but i still miss the reasons behind the low ending price... i happy as i didnt own a 2nd print... however is there anything i miss for this very low final value? I am not even sure to consider it a fun finding given the total absence on competiton in the auction...

It's a low price because I forgot to bid on it....  :oops:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:34 pm 

Yup. Me too!  8O

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:52 pm 

aia wrote in Recent Fun Finds:Ok it is not the "collector's grade" but i still miss the reasons behind the low ending price... i happy as i didnt own a 2nd print... however is there anything i miss for this very low final value? I am not even sure to consider it a fun finding given the total absence on competiton in the auction...

The books are in poor or worse condition.  AND it's not complete (no woodgrain box, etc).  So if your good with just having the three books, cool.  I bought a set like this at the Gen Con auction one year for $75.  The covers were laminated with some type of plastic, yuck!  Sold 'em the next year for $100 or something.

Thanks,
muaddib5

Last edited by muaddib5 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:21 pm 

muaddib5 wrote in Recent Fun Finds:

The books are in poor or worse condition.  AND it's not complete (no woodgrain box, etc).  So it your good with just having the three books, cool.  I bought a set like this at the Gen Con auction one year for $75.  The covers were laminated with some type of plastic, yuck!  Sold 'em the next year for $100 or something.

Thanks,
muaddib5

You're missing the point...   :wink:

It's not the first time in my lifetime I've seen just a brown box for sale. Put the two-and-two together, and BAM! You've got yourself a thousand dollar set. It could happen...  8)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:45 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Recent Fun Finds:
It's not the first time in my lifetime I've seen just a brown box for sale. Put the two-and-two together, and BAM! You've got yourself a thousand dollar set. It could happen...  8)

+1 to this. ... also it is still cool to have the books that helped start it all. In the meantime, you could always make your own box :D

On other matters, I am chuffed to have this now in NM condition. The Ltd hardback version of the 5th Edition rules is not something I have seen that often.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:14 am 

red_bus wrote in Recent Fun Finds:
+1 to this. ... also it is still cool to have the books that helped start it all. In the meantime, you could always make your own box :D
[/quote]

Well thats a great tip: i have a woodgrain with no labels... (its th box of a guidon tractics)
Now i miss labels and ref sheets... :-D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:57 am 

red_bus wrote in Recent Fun Finds:

On other matters, I am chuffed to have this now in NM condition. The Ltd hardback version of the 5th Edition rules is not something I have seen that often.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Per my notes, the print run was only 1000. Definitely doesn't show up too frequently!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:04 am 

Not in bad condition for almost 16 years old.  Rescued it from the used book shop mainly for the signature.  :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:30 pm 

aia wrote in Recent Fun Finds:Well thats a great tip: i have a woodgrain with no labels... (its th box of a guidon tractics)
Now i miss labels and ref sheets... :-D

And a 2nd print M&M; the auction implies 1st? ;)

Good luck with steaming off the front label...

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:59 pm 

With the move this past year it was enough getting things packed and handled safely. That said I did find this a month or so ago.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:24 pm 

First post on these forums in years! Haven't really thought about D&D for years. Was in a used bookstore today and decided to check out the RPG section.
Picked up the following for $5 each!

H2
H3
H4
I3
I6
I10
I12
S1-4

All of them are complete with all maps/handouts. No writing/highlighting in any (save for a $5 mark in pencil on the first page). Covers are VG/Fine, but insides are all VF! These are my first D&D purchases in years. Maybe I'll start buying a few more things?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:35 pm 

Gus Landt wrote in Recent Fun Finds:First post on these forums in years! Haven't really thought about D&D for years. Was in a used bookstore today and decided to check out the RPG section.

H2
H3
H4
I3
I6
I10
I12
S1-4

All of them are complete with all maps/handouts. No writing/highlighting in any (save for a $5 mark in pencil on the first page). Covers are VG/Fine, but insides are all VF! These are my first D&D purchases in years. Maybe I'll start buying a few more things?

Welcome back!  You paid $40.00 for easily over $150.00 worth of great stuff!   8O

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:18 pm 

Gus Landt wrote in Recent Fun Finds:First post on these forums in years! Haven't really thought about D&D for years. Was in a used bookstore today and decided to check out the RPG section.

H2
H3
H4
I3
I6
I10
I12
S1-4

Damn I need to move to Texas ;-) Everything's been picked over here in Western, NY. Granted I had something to do with that "picking over."  :lol:

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

PreviousNext