Recent Fun Finds
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:09 pm 

Strange thing is, a few years ago, that would have been about normal price or even high for common prints. Now it's a bargain. How times change.  :D

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:13 am 

Here was my game-store find on Saturday, not only Free RPG Day plus lots of old-school goodies to be had!  

Nothing terribly uncommon, except these are in wonderful condition with a few even in shrink, plus the store gave me a terrific bargain :)  They belonged to a gamer who'd passed away, his wife traded these in just recently.  I'm very glad to own and appreciate them!

Attachment:
DSCN5771.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:57 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Recent Fun Finds:Here was my game-store find on Saturday, not only Free RPG Day plus lots of old-school goodies to be had!  

Nothing terribly uncommon, except these are in wonderful condition with a few even in shrink, plus the store gave me a terrific bargain :)  They belonged to a gamer who'd passed away, his wife traded these in just recently.  I'm very glad to own and appreciate them!

Very nice, Dave!---is that a shrink folio, or simply some sort of polybag around it?  

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:10 pm 

grodog wrote in Recent Fun Finds:
Very nice, Dave!---is that a shrink folio, or simply some sort of polybag around it?  

Allan.

Just a polybag.  I flipped it over because the fold & tape on the front side didn't look so nice.  Happily, it's a fifth print complete with the minifigs flyer which I didn't have, and it came with an extra set of maps :)

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm 

grodog wrote in Recent Fun Finds:
Thunderdave wrote in Recent Fun Finds:Here was my game-store find on Saturday, not only Free RPG Day plus lots of old-school goodies to be had!  

Allan.

I'm glad Dave said it was a polybag; I was afraid Allan that you were going to speculate that it was an Alpha Beta minus z rare shrinkwrap that would necessitate a new update.
JUST KIDDING!
By the way Allan, drop me a PM when you have a chance regarding the idea that you mentioned as we were parting on Sunday at NTRPG.
Thanks,
Bill

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:36 pm 

Found a VF Temple of Elemental Evil at my local Half Price Books for $14.99! It had a $49.99 price sticker under it, and had recently been repriced.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:10 am 

Argh! Gotta stop reading this thread. Mainland europe is a collectors diaspora, or I don´t have the right sources. I´d love to get my hands on a Greyhawk Folio, alas, I´ve never even seen one out in the wild. And there you are writing "nothing terribly uncommon" - that is a very relative term.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:37 pm 

Three or four turn up each year at the GenCon auction as an example.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm 

Rainy Sunday here in Toronto and playing around with my camera and rpg collection... here's another recent game-store fun find.  The local flgs had just taken in a collection, I was lucky enough to be at the right time & place :)  Great books in terrific shape, and not so easy to find old TSR mods in lot-size purchases any more.

Attachment:
Dueling Grounds June 3.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:45 pm 

Picked up the following for less than $30:

1977 Stratego
1980 Risk!
1978 Battleship
1986 Milton Bradley 2E Axis & Allies

All appear complete with the exception of the A&A, and that only one US tank, one German carrier, and one each of UK and US control chips. I have four white and four red dice, but should there be more? If anyone has spare parts, give me a holler!  PDT_Armataz_01_01

The A&A is the only one I've never played, and the rest I've not touched since about '81 or '82-ish, though I did hit a couple games of Risk! just recently.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm 

This past Saturday I snagged an Excellent copy of WFRP softcover 1E, Savage Worlds Explorer Edition and and an excellent copy of Shadow Knight for Amber diceless...total bill just shy of $24.00! They have a couple of 1E AD&D tomes, nothing special but in decent condition. They want $20 - $30 a piece for them though.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:51 pm 

I'd forgotten about this letter that came with an old module of mine, a folksy job offer from Gary with a bit of office gossip.  I thought you all might get a kick out of it :)

I took out the personal info, as far as I know the recipient didn't take the job.

Attachment:
letter.jpg

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:49 pm 

Very cool, and love the Letterhead.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:01 am 

Amazing piece of memorabilia. Love it!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:59 pm 

Picked up Avalon Hill's Outdoor Survival for $14 with shipping, and it contained a copy of the OD&D Reference Sheets.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:06 am 

Reference sheets are a start to completing the full set! It may take some time, but its worth the effort.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:43 pm 

Items I won on a local silent auction for a extra life charity event. The Dark Tower is in nice working condition.

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40 am 

Wow! Dark Tower was one of the boardgames i always put in my Santa's list of presents but never got it... It was of those games well advertised but with a very limited stock of products on sale... It is my "white unicorn"...

PreviousNext