EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:54 am 

Steve Marsh wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:Wow, I was doing a search for something and this thread popped up.

If anyone still has an interest in any thing based off the manuscripts I wrote, they still have my blessing.

I'll note that Fifth Edition D&D is the first one that is compatible enough with OD&D that you could do a product that would work for both.

Anyway, a blast from the past, and one I was glad to see.

Now, if someone wanted to use the Harpist rules to replace the 5th Edition Bards with something fun ... ;)

could a kickstarter project be inorder?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:59 am 

Badmike wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:
Improv wrote:
Hey Mike. Doesn't sound like a bad idea ....

The items included would be the letters and partial writings included in the items originally bought by Faro (which Doug has now, you can confirm this if it's true David, I believe so).  I believe what we might do (spitballing here) is to make the Mistworld available as a digest or similar format (it is already available online anyway), while the letters and such would be available on a disc.  Eventually the original materials (as a complete set) might be auctioned off. The main thrust would be number one to use the funds to help support the NTRPG con, number two to keep them together in one place to one owner (where hopefully he wouldn't split them up in the future), and number three to make them more widely available for research purposes (the more copies out there, the better).

Mike B.

And just to update we do have Steve's permission to reprint Mistworld, but as you can see it's something we haven't had time for the last two years.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:11 am 

Bad Mike has my permission to reproduce and share anything I've written (in the manuscripts) and to do derivative works from them.

Just to be perfectly clear.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:14 am 

Steve Marsh wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:Bad Mike has my permission to reproduce and share anything I've written (in the manuscripts) and to do derivative works from them.

We'd have to reformat it, for the first hurdle (I believe the copy Steve gave us is on dot-matrix printer paper!!!!!)  When we do, we'll let you have a pass-through with the editor's pen, Steve, before we print it up...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:50 am 

Badmike wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:I believe the copy Steve gave us is on dot-matrix printer paper!!!!!)

For those who still question, THAT is old school! :)

--Ron--

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32 am 

Holy "thread-necromancy" Batman! Ii'd be in to buy any authorized reprints and derivatives  :D

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:54 am 

Steve Marsh wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:Bad Mike has my permission to reproduce and share anything I've written (in the manuscripts) and to do derivative works from them.

Mike,

Not putting any pressure on you, but it seems you need to get to work!   :D

(PS - count me in for anything that comes down this pike....)

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:30 pm 

We'd have to reformat it, for the first hurdle (I believe the copy Steve gave us is on dot-matrix printer paper!!!!!)  When we do, we'll let you have a pass-through with the editor's pen, Steve, before we print it up...

Mike B.

I'd say it will take more than one pass through ... ;)

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:52 pm 

rredmond wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:
Badmike wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:I believe the copy Steve gave us is on dot-matrix printer paper!!!!!)

For those who still question, THAT is old school! :)

--Ron--

If it doesn't have a foam pad to prevent the printer arm from slamming into the inner side with each line return (which would otherwise break the printer or send it flying off a shelf), it's not a real printer :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:56 pm 

Excellent news, thank you.

Apologies, apparently I didn't reply to your question back in May 2012, Mike. (About my usual response time in that case... :/)
Badmike wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:The items included would be the letters and partial writings included in the items originally bought by Faro (which Doug has now, you can confirm this if it's true David, I believe so).

Yes; per the 2009 posts I sent over a large bundle to Doug as a freebie to help mesh things back together a bit better in one location. There may still be a few odds-and-ends kicking around in the boxes but if anything of significance turns up that'll follow.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 am 

faro wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:Excellent news, thank you.

Apologies, apparently I didn't reply to your question back in May 2012, Mike. (About my usual response time in that case... :/)
Badmike wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:The items included would be the letters and partial writings included in the items originally bought by Faro (which Doug has now, you can confirm this if it's true David, I believe so).

Yes; per the 2009 posts I sent over a large bundle to Doug as a freebie to help mesh things back together a bit better in one location. There may still be a few odds-and-ends kicking around in the boxes but if anything of significance turns up that'll follow.

Yes the box of goodies is still here and I'm ashamed to admit I've only had a cursory read through of the contents. Ok, time, to get cracking on this I suppose...!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:02 am 

Mike B.

bumpety-bump ...
just wondering if anything ever became of this?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:00 pm 

Probably not going to get done by NTRPG con...i may be able to give Steve a copy at the con this year, though, so he can make any editing changes he wants.

Mike b

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:01 pm 

Badmike wrote in EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript:Probably not going to get done by NTRPG con...i may be able to give Steve a copy at the con this year, though, so he can make any editing changes he wants.

Mike b

Hah, I should have been following this thread.

So far, in the way of scans I have:

.pdf of Mistworld -- I kept that pdf, gave the original (that the scan was taken from) to Bad Mike.

.pdfs William sent me.  Realized he had Song Smiths but not Harpists.  Garg.  If only I had started giving things away to the right people sooner rather than selling them.  Anyway, did a search for Harpists hoping to find a copy of them on-line somewhere.  No luck.  But it did bring up this thread which made me read it.

.pdfs of the Plane of Shadow I gave Bad Mike this week end.  Oh, and the printer's original for the print copy as well, the "Bad Mike" copy (I made everyone who got a copy countersign it with their name so you can tell where a copy came from.  Mike has copy #0, people who ran in my events at NTRPG Con have copies and William has copy 1).

Currently:  trying to decide what to work up next. Caught between Fire and Starstrands.  William has promised me a preference.

Why did Plane of Shadow get written up and redrafted for NTRPG Con this year?  Someone asked for it.  When I said "will work for feedback" I wasn't kidding.  The final project had two Alyssia Fayden maps (she cut me a discount on map making), a number of illustrations (some I had to pay for, others I got licenses for free), about thirty dollars in materials and a little more than five hundred dollars at kinkos for the printouts for the con.  And about twenty flash drives with the .pdfs on them for various people I promised copies (like Doug Rhea, who kindly returned the flash drive though when I asked him why he didn't want the gift, he was more than willing to take it back).  The flash drives are miniature swords.  I bought out the current inventory that was being offered through Amazon for con gifts.

Lawrence Schick and a few others wanted some of the hardbound copies.  I had planned to give away a total of five to collectors at the con.  I got one given away (to William).

But it was really fun.

----------------- reprise -----------------------

1.  I still do not have .pdf copies of anything, other than what William sent me and Mistworld.

2.  Plane of Shadows is in a solid rough draft form, not more than 200 or so pages of manuscript with maps, illustrations and two scenarios.  Bad Mike and William have copies.  Kinkos messed up the gray scaling of the artwork so I'm disappointed, Bad Mike's copy is unfortunately in color so it isn't gray scaled properly.

3.  I'm still looking for Harpists.  Song Smiths fit a different framework.  I'm wishing I'd made the .pdf  copies of things people thought I made (though I really though that there was a .pdf of Harpists somewhere.  Maybe there is a jpeg scan or something or maybe I was just hoping that there was a scan out there).

4.  Trying to decide what to work on next.

5.  Big Dragon Games expressed an interest in trying to publish The Plane of Shadow.  Bad Mike expressed an interest in publishing the two adventure scenarios that went with the Plane of Shadows (one set in Shattered Norns, one that bridges into the Plane of Shadows).

-------------------going forward ---------------------------

Will still work for feedback.  Or for things sent to a good home (last year I found a number of items of correspondence with Gary Gygax that had been filed in the wrong place.  I gave them to William and Bad Mike at last years NTRPG Con.  Made me happier to have them in a good home than the money from selling them would have.

Last edited by Steve Marsh on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:05 pm 

This is the errata page, the cover page and the edited Umbral Teras document set.

BTW, someone is bound to notice that "Further, this area folds over into other realms of Shadow" was written before the con and my discussion with Tim Kask.  I admit that I wrote that, but didn't mean it the same way I mean it now (as a reasonable situation rather than an anomaly I have to think of a way to justify).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Steve Marsh on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:07 pm 

Compare:

If anyone wants any more .pdfs, you will have to hassle Bad Mike. ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:51 pm 

Thanks for the update and for posting those files to take a look through.

Just curious, who did you commission to do the illustrations you paid for?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:15 pm 

Les Garner.  Lots of details in the credits.

I've attached a couple of the jpegs (the psd files are huge).

PreviousNext