EGG / Stephen Marsh manuscript
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:55 am 

Well, that one is pretty high already. Any predictions on the outcome?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5943217039

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:05 am 

It's already gone higher and more quickly than I would have thought....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:37 pm 

Where does Stomber get all this unique stuff?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:49 pm 

Surely the success of the Sutherland auctions might have raised an eyebrow or two? My wild guess is that Mr Sutherland recommended the "Collectors Trove" to Mr Marsh...

Anyway, it's great to see all these old original manuscripts and stuff on eBay. Good luck with the auctions, Paul!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:51 pm 

Howdy All,

Ralf Toth wrote:Surely the success of the Sutherland auctions might have raised an eyebrow or two? My wild guess is that Mr Sutherland recommended the "Collectors Trove" to Mr Marsh...

Anyway, it's great to see all these old original manuscripts and stuff on eBay. Good luck with the auctions, Paul!

Thanks Ralf. One TSR alum heard that I was a "Grand Master of Collecting" :wink: and decided to drop me an email! :lol:

Actually, he was talking about the materials online and I emailed him to ask if he'd like me to auction off his collection. I think he was pretty suprised that I was able to organize the collection into so many lots. I think Steve inititally thought the Planes Stuff would all be in one lot.

I have a few other TSR alum that are also calling on me to auction their collections. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring these to you folks after Christmas.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:41 pm 

stormber wrote:Howdy All,

Ralf Toth wrote:Surely the success of the Sutherland auctions might have raised an eyebrow or two? My wild guess is that Mr Sutherland recommended the "Collectors Trove" to Mr Marsh...

Thanks Ralf. One TSR alum heard that I was a "Grand Master of Collecting" :wink: and decided to drop me an email! :lol:

Actually, he was talking about the materials online and I emailed him to ask if he'd like me to auction off his collection. I think he was pretty suprised that I was able to organize the collection into so many lots. I think Steve inititally thought the Planes Stuff would all be in one lot.

I have a few other TSR alum that are also calling on me to auction their collections. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring these to you folks after Christmas.

Futures Bright,

Paul

I gues somebody gets to the lucky dude to handle and sell this stuff,  some of it may be hard to let go of though!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:14 pm 

Nice win Mike :D

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:06 am 

All Hail to the Winners!  

Wow, I'm really pleased for Paul and Stephen that his mss. went for so much :D

Different Worlds is still very interested in trying to publish the mss. for Different Worlds:  improvstone, invincibleoverlord, mbassoc2003 (if you're on these boards), and dblizzard (ditto), expect an email from my after the holidays!

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:17 am 

I might just produce a hard back ... Maybe I  will even commision the original D&D artists ... I really hate the look and feel of the 3ed stuff.  Give me Elmore, Easley, Parkinson any day!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:31 pm 

improvstone---

Take a look at the books that DWP's producing---they don't look like 3e products that are full of tattoos, body piercings, spandex armor, etc. :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:00 pm 

Improvstone wrote:

I might just produce a hard back ... Maybe I will even commision the original D&D artists ... I really hate the look and feel of the 3ed stuff. Give me Elmore, Easley, Parkinson any day!

If you're serious Mike and want a partner I'd publish it with you. Credit and royalties would have to go to Steven and other's for sure, anything extra we could spend on more D&D stuff :D . The artists you mentioned are some of my favorites too; maybe we could even find an older unpublished piece of art to go with the "lost manuscript" it would be a nice tie in. Just think a new 1st edition AD&D hardback rulebook with era cover art! 8O  8O  8O

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:04 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:Improvstone wrote:

I might just produce a hard back ... Maybe I will even commision the original D&D artists ... I really hate the look and feel of the 3ed stuff. Give me Elmore, Easley, Parkinson any day!

If you're serious Mike and want a partner I'd publish it with you. Credit and royalties would have to go to Steven and other's for sure, anything extra we could spend on more D&D stuff :D . The artists you mentioned are some of my favorites too; maybe we could even find an older unpublished piece of art to go with the "lost manuscript" it would be a nice tie in. Just think a new 1st edition AD&D hardback rulebook with era cover art! 8O  8O  8O

Where can I send my advanced order?   :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:47 pm 

BTW; I saw that Harami had a strong presence in and around these auctions. Does anyone talk to him anymore? I hate to think that there are serious collectors in our community with no line of communication due to whatever circumstances. He must lurk around these boards as a guest now and then; how could he resist. Come on back David  :!:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:29 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:BTW; I saw that Harami had a strong presence in and around these auctions. Does anyone talk to him anymore? I hate to think that there are serious collectors in our community with no line of communication due to whatever circumstances. He must lurk around these boards as a guest now and then; how could he resist. Come on back David  :!:

We email back and forth from time to time, so he's not dead. (He may have become a lich, you never know... :twisted: ).  I've already mentioned his presence is missed. ;)

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:55 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:BTW; I saw that Harami had a strong presence in and around these auctions. Does anyone talk to him anymore? I hate to think that there are serious collectors in our community with no line of communication due to whatever circumstances. He must lurk around these boards as a guest now and then; how could he resist. Come on back David  :!:

I have just received a message from Harami ... so he definitely still alive.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:57 pm 

I will spend some time in the new year investigating the feasibility and costs....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:14 pm 

I'd be happy to help in any such endeavor.  I'd like to think that DWP's well-positioned to perform the kind of printing and publishing functions that you're all talking about, but I also don't want to shove us down your throats if you're intent on doing this yourselves vs. with an existing publisher :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:51 pm 

Put me down for an advanced order as well.  
I'm with grodog, what's with the spandex armor, tattoos galore and body piercings in the new art?  Kids today... or I guess I'm just becoming an old fogey.   :wink:

Next