Calgary Alberta Acaeum Members!
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:06 pm 
 

Anybody out there lurking or otherwise live in Calgary?
Just curious, sometimes I feel like I am the only one in this city. :(


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 78
Joined: Nov 05, 2002
Last Visit: Aug 11, 2012
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:23 am 
 

I hear ya. I have a feeling that Acaeum members are few and far between in Western Canada. Must be the weather.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:32 pm 
 

zander wrote:I hear ya. I have a feeling that Acaeum members are few and far between in Western Canada. I'm in Winnipeg and I'm almost positive that I'm the only member here.

Must be the weather.


Probably only a handfull of canadians even on here!


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:09 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
zander wrote:I hear ya. I have a feeling that Acaeum members are few and far between in Western Canada. I'm in Winnipeg and I'm almost positive that I'm the only member here.

Must be the weather.


Probably only a handfull of canadians even on here!

I'm in Toronto.  (Please don't hate me)

 YIM  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:14 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:
Probably only a handfull of canadians even on here!

I'm in Toronto.  (Please don't hate me)


We don't hate people from the center of the universe that much :lol:


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 78
Joined: Nov 05, 2002
Last Visit: Aug 11, 2012
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:27 am 
 

We don't hate people from the center of the universe that much


At least not most of the time  :twisted:

Seriously though, anyone know how many Canadians there are on this forum?

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:35 am 
 

zander wrote:
We don't hate people from the center of the universe that much


At least not most of the time  :twisted:

Seriously though, anyone know how many Canadians there are on this forum?


So far there are 3!


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 517
Joined: Oct 03, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 07, 2007
Location: windy south florida

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:40 am 
 

Canadians,

I love Canada; I've visited areas from coast to coast on tour years ago, even picked up lots of D&D stuff pennies on the dollar on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls in a little shop I can't remember the name of a few times through on tour.

Western Canada has to be my favorite though, Vancouver BC in particular, nice urban atmosphere, mountains and nature just outside the city, and a KIND environment  8O  (better than Amsterdam). I had lots of fun there; even meet a few local gamers. If I buy a second home it's going to be in or around Vancouver, hell maybe I'll just migrate there permanently, I'd be out of this rat race.   :evil:


"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:27 pm 
 

invincibleoverlord wrote:Canadians,

I love Canada; I've visited areas from coast to coast on tour years ago, even picked up lots of D&D stuff pennies on the dollar on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls in a little shop I can't remember the name of a few times through on tour.

Western Canada has to be my favorite though, Vancouver BC in particular, nice urban atmosphere, mountains and nature just outside the city, and a KIND environment  8O  (better than Amsterdam). I had lots of fun there; even meet a few local gamers. If I buy a second home it's going to be in or around Vancouver, hell maybe I'll just migrate there permanently, I'd be out of this rat race.   :evil:


Nice thoughts invincible :)   You should come to Calgary in the winter and try some world class sking.


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:46 pm 
 

Canadians!  

I too love your country!  As I grew up in Rochester, NY , I was just 1 hour and 15 minutes from Niagara Falls.  As a child we vacationed there often and as a teenager I eagerly awaited my 19th birthday.

For you see, your wonderful land has a drinking age of only 19!  Yes 19 was the looked upon age for my friends and me.  Not only for the drinking, but also for the "total nude" strip bars . . .

And yes, not only for the 19 year old drinking age and total nude strip bars, but also for your fine beers such as Molson XXX which contained 7.3% alcohol per volume and for Labatts Maximum Ice which contained 7.1% alcohol per volume. . .  (The US versions were much less potent).

What fond memories. . . I even remember the name of the stipper who performed my first table dance. . . I had turned 19 that day and her name was Crimson. ..   :D


Oh, yeah. . . um, I guess this should be about D&D so I should mention that I went with the rest of the guys I grew up with and gamed with.  We talked about Canadian Strip bars and high alcohol beer over many gaming sessions. . .  8)


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:49 pm 
 

beyondthebreach wrote:Canadians!  
Oh, yeah. . . um, I guess this should be about D&D so I should mention that I went with the rest of the guys I grew up with and gamed with.  We talked about Canadian Strip bars and high alcohol beer over many gaming sessions. . .  8)

You should try gaming while drinking aforementioned beer.  (But not while getting a table dance, that might be difficult!)   :D

 YIM  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:53 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:Canadians!  
Oh, yeah. . . um, I guess this should be about D&D so I should mention that I went with the rest of the guys I grew up with and gamed with.  We talked about Canadian Strip bars and high alcohol beer over many gaming sessions. . .  8)

You should try gaming while drinking aforementioned beer.  (But not while getting a table dance, that might be difficult!)   :D


Drinking age is 18 here in the outback (Calgary)


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6067
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 14, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:36 pm 
 

I think there are a few more Canadians out there.  I am in Waterloo and know Egg of Coot is here too and there are a few from Cambridge (across the 401) around too.

I always thought there would be more people from Winnipeg on here.  I often look at Ebay canada and it seems like there are a few people always selling stuff out of Winnipeg.

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 78
Joined: Nov 05, 2002
Last Visit: Aug 11, 2012
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:21 am 
 

Mars wrote:I always thought there would be more people from Winnipeg on here.  I often look at Ebay canada and it seems like there are a few people always selling stuff out of Winnipeg.


For some reason, I end up buying from Ottawa/Hull sellers more often than anywhere else. Yet when I'm there, I can only find the one decent game store (on Laurier?). Where are they getting the stuff from?

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:46 am 
 

zander wrote:
Mars wrote:I always thought there would be more people from Winnipeg on here.  I often look at Ebay canada and it seems like there are a few people always selling stuff out of Winnipeg.


If there are, they are very quiet. And there is one big seller out of Winnipeg, who has cleaned out most of the local used book stores. He always beats me to it, and I've seen him walking out with copies of WG4 and WGR1.

For some reason, I end up buying from Ottawa/Hull sellers more often than anywhere else. Yet when I'm there, I can only find the one decent game store (on Laurier?). Where are they getting the stuff from?

Wherever it is, I can't find it.  I checked out a ton of used book stores in Ottawa this fall, and the only trace of vintage D&D was a 6th printing DMG (bleah!).  Quite a few shops had d20 stuff.

 YIM  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:25 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
zander wrote:
If there are, they are very quiet. And there is one big seller out of Winnipeg, who has cleaned out most of the local used book stores. He always beats me to it, and I've seen him walking out with copies of WG4 and WGR1.

For some reason, I end up buying from Ottawa/Hull sellers more often than anywhere else. Yet when I'm there, I can only find the one decent game store (on Laurier?). Where are they getting the stuff from?

Wherever it is, I can't find it.  I checked out a ton of used book stores in Ottawa this fall, and the only trace of vintage D&D was a 6th printing DMG (bleah!).  Quite a few shops had d20 stuff.


I get quite alot of stuff in this city, other day I purchased 6 merp items all in new condition (2 still shrinkwraped) for $6.00 each. :lol:


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 517
Joined: Oct 03, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 07, 2007
Location: windy south florida

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:57 am 
 

Blackmoor,

the newest member of the Acaeum is from Calgary. Do you know him?  

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=399


"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:07 pm 
 

invincibleoverlord wrote:Blackmoor,

the newest member of the Acaeum is from Calgary. Do you know him?  

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=399


Yes, that's my wife, she became a member so she could PM me when I am out of town surfing the Acaeum. :D


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1