How the hell is cougarrinard a Titanium powerseller?????????
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:54 pm 

" hi, I am 3465 rated, a Titanium Powerseller & could pay with pay pal (or cash US) I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(GPM for smaller items or surface (M bag) preferred. Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended Please "reply" to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks --Dave"

How the hell is he a Titanium powerseller?????? Isn't that 150,000 in sales per month??????

am I wrong? is he just lying?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:24 pm 

I would say that given his reputation, he should be an automatic ban on any auction Acaeum members choose to have.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:16 am 

AFAIK he only writes "Titanium" as soon as he wants someone to ship to Europe and the auction states otherwise. In his own auctions he most of the time has "Proud to be a Silver Powerseller"....go figure   :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:15 am 

[ :twisted:'s  advocate]
Someone remind me (again) what this guy has done that's so bad...

He buys a hell of a lot of stuff on eBay, then tries to resell it for a ridiculous price.  So do most of the people out there.  If the price sucks that bad, just ignore him.  

He tried to corner the market on H1...that's about as possible as cornering the market on water.  I know of at least 2-3 copies that he's not even aware of, and so do most of you.  Being an idiot is not a crime.

He seems generally aware of the Acaeum and his items are well described.  His payment/shipping/other terms are spelled out in far too much detail, and the no low feedback bidders clause annoys me enough not to bid often.  But he's just making a business decision to protect himself from newbies.

He has good stuff -- we know this, because he outbids us.  I do see many of you bidding on his auctions, too.

Please forgive me for trying to defend cougarrinard (I don't know him, have never dealt with him, and am NOT him) but it's awfully annoying to see people harping on about him week after week without any solid points.  Starts to sound an awful lot like sour grapes.  Since I just mixed a metaphor there, let's assume sour grapes sound like fingernails on a chalkboard.  :roll:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:29 am 

I'm just asking how the hell could he be selling 150,000 a month as he claims....

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:53 am 

draco76 wrote:I'm just asking how the hell could he be selling 150,000 a month as he claims....

Yeah, well, that's a little shady, but if he's putting it in when he's buying, I'd rate it roughly equivalent to asking for a BIN when none is posted.  Besides, anyone that wants to question that can look up his feedback info for themselves.  His reputation as a seller is irrelevant when he's buying.  If he said he was a Titanium PowerBuyer, I'd say show me the money.  :)

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:01 am 

deimos3428 wrote:[ :twisted:'s  advocate]
His payment/shipping/other terms are spelled out in far too much detail, and the no low feedback bidders clause annoys me enough not to bid often.  But he's just making a business decision to protect himself from newbies.

Well, that might be true, but I once did buy stuff from him and the shipping price was just hillarious. It was my fault that I did not ask him of the exact shipping rates he has prior to bidding on his auctions. But I thought "heck, its in Europe, it just cannot be that high".....fnarghl, his shipping was about half as much as the stuff I bought from him (47£ / 17£ shipping). Since then I stopped bidding on his auctions.

To me it was a rip-off but I didnt want to go into a deep conversation with him because when I briefly mentioned that I was not too happy about the shipping costs he started to literally write novel lenght mails to justify himself....So I kept me mouth shut and payed my bill.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:39 am 

I don't see anything wrong with him asking if he can bid. I know I was the one who named him CougarRetard, but I was merely applying it to his bidding practices. In reality, I have nothing against him. Hell, he was the one who sold me Infernax, Necromican and Misty Isles for $100 shipped a few years ago.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:35 pm 

I bought some stuff from him, shipped promptly and all that stuff.  He has some good stuff and lots of junk.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!