s/h overcharging!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:46 pm 

I'm getting SICK of buying stuff from people without a listed shipping fee then them turning around and trying to RAPE me on handling charges.  I mean really I buy a lot of 10 modules for $12, guy wants to charge me $23 shipping and handling and he lives 2 states away.  I'm like send it media freaken mail man it will cost you under $5!  I don't mind paying a handling fee so long as its posted CLEARLY in the auction.  I don't mind paying a low handling fee $2-3 if its not posted but charging $15 for handling is bullshit.  I am getting sick of having to tell people to shove their unposted handling charges up where th sun doesn't shine!   :evil:

What do you guys do when ppl try and rob you?[/b]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:06 pm 

This happened to me in the summer.  Guy wanted to charge $10.00 to ship a single module to me (he lives in the US and I in Canada).  When I complained he told me it was due to the extra complicated customs paper work.  I told him to shove it.

Never did get a neg though?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:14 pm 

hehe well I could almost understand it being international.  I have a negative from a asshole in Canada, guy want to charge me $15 for ground on a single book I won for $5.  

RUDE (constant swearing/name calling). Gave proof of shipping 2 lb book to US.        Seller   jkhxx ( 10213)         Nov-14-03 11:14        3564294092
Reply by swg_dealer: OUTRAGOUS S/H Hidden Rate 4-6 weeks shipping look at his feedback I should have.         Nov-14-03 11:32
Follow-up by jkhxx: If your not sure how intl shipping works you SHOULD e-mail first!F- Ebayer AVOID

eBay Feedback Profile for jkhxx

LOOK at this guys feedback how the hell is he still on ebay????????
I mean really this guy is a POS!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:41 pm 

draco - I buy my fair share of large lots - I NEVER buy something without a posted shipping fee unless I am able to make contact with the seller first and confirm their rate.

Simple as that - everything comes up for auction sooner or later.  No confirmation on shipping charges. . . next lot,  thank you!

I also pass on all international auctions (except for clearly posted Canadian ones with stated shipping charges).  Too much trouble. . . next lot, thanks again!

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:47 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:This happened to me in the summer.  Guy wanted to charge $10.00 to ship a single module to me (he lives in the US and I in Canada).  When I complained he told me it was due to the extra complicated customs paper work.  I told him to shove it.

Hehe fun, I normally have to pay ~10$ for a package to Europe with about 6-8 modules. And that one arrives usually after 5-7 days.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:48 pm 

I am tired of not getting paid ontime. I dont think i screww anyone on shipping but then again I wrap my items well IMHO and if it says on the ebay calc 4.00 or32.00 for that matter and the guy wantys to pay less then I dont wrap it or ship it any better than what he pays. I could care less what he looked up and says it should cost. I use the ebay calc and give 3 choices. You pick one of them or I relist. Plain and simple. BTW I DONT PICK THE HIGHEST ONES.

Just my 2% 8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:43 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
I also pass on all international auctions (except for clearly posted Canadian ones with stated shipping charges).  Too much trouble. . . next lot, thanks again!

I always put shipping prices clearly in my auctions, some items it is cheaper to send to the US than to Toronto.  Canada post really sucks.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:23 pm 

Shipping and payment are easy. I offer 7 days for payments. If more time is needed, just let me know. If not, after 7 days it gets an NPB. And shipping is always as close to the exact ampont as possible. I don't charge for tape, boxes, etc.
I e-mail sellers and ask for shipping prices. The return e-mails are saved in a separate folder (Shipping), in case of dispute, which has happened on many occasions.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:29 pm 

ya I need to start asking but a lot of times I don't see the stuff till the last hour or two then I don't have time to email seller....  I was told that its an ebay policy that if they don't post a handling charge in their auction they can't charge one.  If so I'm gonna start enforcing this shit, hell I have most the modules I bid on anyways so I might even pick the same shit out and weigh it mail this fucker an empty box with a prepaid shipping label with instructions, put the stuff in the box and place label on box drop off at local post office!  Included in the box is $2 for gas!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:32 pm 

draco76 wrote:......put the stuff in the box and place label on box drop off at local post office!  Included in the box is $2 for gas!

8O  8O   8O  
OK, don't hold anything back now. Please tell us how you REALLY feel.... :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:36 pm 

lol I'm mad!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:56 pm 

ah hows this I wipe my ass with the money order before I mail it to him!  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:05 pm 

Whipe?
Just refuse to pay. Very simple. But if you bid on an auction without knowing what the shipping will be, you invite problems.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:39 pm 

Ahh yes the infamous "customs" forms.  Where you have to fill out your name and address and the address the item is going to and the really hard part of listing the contents such as "books" or "games". :)

Shipping to Canada is dirt cheap if its letter size (under 4lbs).  $10.00 is absolute anal rape.  People try to recover ebay fees through shipping too and it adds up to disgusting and insulting fees.

Blackmoor wrote:This happened to me in the summer.  Guy wanted to charge $10.00 to ship a single module to me (he lives in the US and I in Canada).  When I complained he told me it was due to the extra complicated customs paper work.  I told him to shove it.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:43 pm 

I should also add the only negative feedback i have on ebay (frost_2000) is from a guy that also wanted to charge me $23 shipping for 4 used D&D items I won for petty change.  His reasoning was that he had his shipping listed for each item and it was his perogitive (sp?) to not combine shipping.  I guess that meant each one would have been shipped seperately huh? (course not).  So I politely and reasonably told him it was too much and i would have to pass on them and he socked me with a negative for each item saying that after he was done with me id be banned from ebay and paypal...  :roll:

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:45 pm 

lol ya that guy from canada tried the same thing...

they rejected his non-paying bidder alert :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:15 am 

draco76 wrote:lol ya that guy from canada tried the same thing...

they rejected his non-paying bidder alert :D

Some of us Canadians do charge reasonable shippings rates though :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:46 am 

I charge a flat $8 to ship to Canada, $7 is for the global priority envelope and $1 for handling, but I'll cram as many items as the buyer wants into one envelope for the single price.  BTW, the extra complicated customs paperwork takes exactly 1 minute to do.....

Mike B.

Next