Is it time for a classic convention?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:49 am 

Have you ever wondered where this stuff came from? Here are a few pictures of where it all got started.

This was Kaye's house in Lake Geneva. The company consisted of a desk and a cleared out pantry for the storeroom.

This was Gary's house, the second home of TSR. For those with an early woody this is the place where they were handmade.

First true headquarters of TSR and hobby shop, can you imagine how many rare treats must have once been here.  8O

The North Texas gathering got me thinking maybe and this is just a stretch of the imagination. The Acaeum could host a Classic Con in Lake Geneva. Just a weekender Fri -- Sun. We could start small, schedule a few era games, have some OOP venders and auction, A speaker or two, Rent a bus and take a tour, Heck…Gary still lives there you could probably get him to host it. I know it would be a lot of work, I helped put comic conventions together before, but it is doable. Our hobby's 30, most of us are that age plus……..It's time for a classic car show. It could attract a lot of the old-school.

Opinions,
Mike

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:52 am 

I would come for that!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:14 pm 

I'm in!

maybe....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:20 am 

You guys might be interested in this link and pictures:
hoodcity: Bowling for E. Gary Gygax

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/