Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 160 of 163123 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161162163
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:13 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:Netflix movies don't ever go anywhere except Netfix, do they? No cinema, no download rentals,no DVDs or anything like that?

Those of us who are savvy in the ways of the world, & in being a man, know all the search-fu tricks & dark corners of the interweb to search. It's just like finding your way around a woman, or through a dark alley in a dangerous neighborhood. Starts with E or A, ends in -bay or -mazon.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:05 pm 

Ok.. What the neck is the guy on the left holding?  His grin says it all  :D

Attachment:
Arcane Shadows.jpg

-SKA

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:30 pm 

That is utterly hilarious.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:00 pm 

It's the season for charity, so can anyone help out this person with their concern?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MovingToNorthK ... rth_korea/
"Hello everyone, soon-to-be North Korean here! I have some dietary concerns regarding my future relocation.
Due to my autism, I exclusively eat chicken goujons, colloquially known as Chicken Tenders. I also only drink Mountain Dew.
When it comes to tendies, I’m not too picky. I enjoy Hardee’s, KFC, Rasing Cane’s, Popeye’s, Wendy’s, and Bojangles. But I need a side of honey mustard, of course.
You see, if I don’t get my tendies, I will have a meltdown. I’ll scream and shout and make a fuss. I’ll scratch, I’ll bite, I’ll even cuss!
I also expect the tendies to be free, of course. My bitch KKKapitalist mom makes me earn “good boy points” in order to obtain my precious tendies. She’ll force me into slavery by making me mow the grass and pick up my pee jugs.
I’m sure our dear leader appreciates chicken tendies. If so, which fast food joint does he prefer? Will I be able to get them for free without cleaning my pee jugs?"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:40 pm 

Should I even ask how you stumbled across someone moving to North Korea?   :lol:

I heard dirt is a delicacy in NK.

-SKA

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:35 am 

Do they even have chickens on NK?
I mean the poultry, not the enlisted men.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:57 am 

Do you think the CGC grading people would do Beatles memorabilia if it's shrinkwrapped like this item?

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I'm not sure if I could resist opening a packet to see if it smells like Reese's. Because the packaging looks like Reese's. It might not be usable as hair pomade after 60 years, but it does say it's the highest quality. (You can see that Paul & Ringo's hair stays in place, despite their being upside down.) It was made in the Philippines, perhaps around the same time Alfredo Alcala was pioneering the Conan style of comics. Could he have done the package art?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:12 am 

I am sure folks who know art could tell me why we can look at something and instantly know if its from the 60-80s, think its cool and want to showcase it. I'm not fanatical about any music but this is still cool. (Peter Frampton's "Do you feel like we do" asside.)

I assume you are poking fun at the CGC grading, but in case you arent :), CGC is fairly limited to what they grade, and they grade the item, not the seal.  AFA does seem to create custom cases and they just grade the seal of a lot of products, so they might.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:26 pm 

So it turns out, the ISIS terrorist organization has been funded & controlled all along by US intelligence agencies, in order to justify the presence of US troops in the Middle East. I had heard the idea, but how would anyone prove it? Now it's becoming more-&-more obvious. Obama was a real s*** for creating them, wasn't he?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:20 pm 

I think that is nonsense.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:21 pm 

I would have thought that too a few years ago, since the origins of ISIS were attributed to a variety of actors, such as the Saudis. But over time, the actions of ISIS have consistently served to indirectly further US ends. Do you have a different theory as to who's controlling them?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:20 pm 

Let's drop the political discussions please.  There's about a million other outlets where we can entertain those.

Foul

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:32 pm 

Thank you!

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:13 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:Let's drop the political discussions please.  There's about a million other outlets where we can entertain those.

Foul

O’Bummer…. Sorry couldn’t help myself.  I 100% agree.  I come here to escape political news… not rehash it.  Has anyone seen Godzilla Minus One?  

-SKA

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:15 am 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:
O’Bummer…. Sorry couldn’t help myself.  I 100% agree.  I come here to escape political news… not rehash it.  Has anyone seen Godzilla Minus One?  

-SKA

It was epic! To be honest, best movie, of its kind, I have seen since Return of the King (IMHO). My wife and daughter, who have ZERO interest in GZ anything, really liked it (They have no interest in GZ/KK movie coming out though...lol)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:59 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:Let's drop the political discussions please.  There's about a million other outlets where we can entertain those.l

Fair enough, it's your site. But there is a reason why I've leaned increasingly into off-topic posts on this forum in recent years. There's nothing else to talk about anymore. This forum used to be about the history of D&D, plus the economics of collecting it. Now it's all about the money & little else. Look at this thread from about a year ago, regarding a book containing old-school material:

Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg - Considering Investment

Many of the Acaeum regulars seemed hostile to the idea of discussing the history surrounding it, insisting instead that it is only worthwhile if it's a good investment. Or this thread on the rarely visited JG   forum:

Judges Shield

To paraphrase the original post, we've forgotten about the really good stuff, because it's not worth a lot of money. When the current economic boom in D&D collecting inevitably declines, we'll have nothing left.

p.s. No, I haven't seen Godzilla Minus One, been too distracted by the real godzillas of Gaza. More like godzilla minus ten thousand burning children.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:41 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:...More like godzilla minus ten thousand burning children.

Sadly, it is human nature to kill one another.  Besides apes/chimps (I watched a documentary about one tribe killing other tribes), does any other species do this (kill its own) outside of mating purposes?  I'm sure its pretty damn rare.

-SKA

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:57 am 

It is amusing watching the reaction though, when someone realises they have been believing what their television tells them and that what their anchorperson of choice says for this long has been BS.
Now they are either going to have to go and hide and pretend this never happenned, so their world view isn't affected, or they are going to wonder what else they learned to believe from their TVs that also might not be true, and that's a challenging rabbit hole to go down.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 160 of 163123 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161162163