Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 116 of 163123 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 161162163
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:13 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:
There were 36 issues.  There was also a Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, and Spelljammer comics published by DC at the same time (all ran for less issues). Never read any of them, so can't comment on whether they are worth reading.

...and pls dont forget there was a Birthright series as well!

Weird enough no Planescape line instead!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:51 am 

ashmire13 wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:Could anyone let me know if this series of comics was worth reading?

I read the AD&D series when it came out, about 4 issues I'd had enough. I'm kind of a picky (indie) reader though.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:42 am 

aia wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:
...and pls dont forget there was a Birthright series as well!

Weird enough no Planescape line instead!

The comics I mentioned were published around 87-91, early 2nd Edition timeframe, before those settings came out.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:40 pm 

California gun ruling: A federal judge, who compares an AR-15 to a Swiss Army knife, overturns ban on assault weapons | CNN
'"Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment," Benitez said in the ruling.'

So I've been saying all along. Original D&D got it right: all weapons should do 1D6 of damage, no matter what they are. Gygax knew that in the capable hands of a hardened Swiss warrior, a tiny multi-tool could equal the mightiest halberd. Think about it - when your PCs march around in tight underground tunnels, they don't act like they are carrying a hundred+ pounds of equipment. None of it seems to have any weight or volume at all, & it does whatever they want it to. That's the reality of the situation.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:06 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:...when your PCs march around in tight underground tunnels, they don't act like they are carrying a hundred+ pounds of equipment. None of it seems to have any weight or volume at all, & it does whatever they want it to. That's the reality of the situation.

Magical items are weightless if I recall correctly.     AR-15+1?   8)

-SKA

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:00 pm 

Hey all,

Getting back to the topic of the next set of magic cards being in the Forgotten Realms.

There was a release of a number of cards with new art.

D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Variants | MAGIC: THE GATHERING

The variants look really nice, and they even got on board Larry Elmore, Jeff Easley, and Jeff Dee.

Looks like I'll be picking up more than just a couple of cards.  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:39 am 

Yeah I wasnt going to get any of the AFR set but now will probably get a set of the lands as they seem pretty dang cool

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:18 pm 

rhynne wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:Hey all,

Getting back to the topic of the next set of magic cards being in the Forgotten Realms.

There was a release of a number of cards with new art.

D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Variants | MAGIC: THE GATHERING

The variants look really nice, and they even got on board Larry Elmore, Jeff Easley, and Jeff Dee.

Looks like I'll be picking up more than just a couple of cards.  :D

I've never bought magic cards before, but those "LAND" variants look great. Where and when are these released? Do I need to buy blind packs to get the ones I want, like baseball cards?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:16 pm 

for_the_love_of_the_stuff wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:I've never bought magic cards before, but those "LAND" variants look great. Where and when are these released? Do I need to buy blind packs to get the ones I want, like baseball cards?

The set will be officially released on July 23rd.

There is a pre-release on July 16th but I'm not sure how pre-release works during Covid still.
Would have to check with your LGS what they are doing.

For the "LAND" variants, they should be available in Set Boosters, Draft Boosters, and Collector Boosters.
They will be available in regular and foil format (shiny...)

The boosters are all blind like baseball or hockey cards.

Don't get me started on the whole common, uncommon, rare, and mythic printings...  8O

The other option is to pick up singles of the cards from your LGS, or Ebay.

Good luck.  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:35 am 

This is the card list. Its going to grow just a little more. The prices will drop a ton once people actually start cracking packs.

Magic: The Gathering Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Price Guide | TCGplayer

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:28 am 

Its a core set so a lot of boosters will be 'cracked' which likely leaves these land/module things in the $3-$5 range (assuming none of them are super powerful - but i think in general AFR looks to play like an underpowered set vs recents).

Would suggest against getting 'foil' versions if you plan to collect as MTG foiling has gone down the toilet and they have a high propensity to curl/get ruined.

So, I wouldn't crack packs - just buy on ebay. Will be relatively inexpensive (just make sure you get the alt-art variants that you will want)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:48 am 

In the US, is a condo association an organisation run by the residents/home owners of a condominium who act in unison to manage a building the same way a home owners association manage a residential community?
Or is a condo association an independent organisation that is contracted in to manage a property, by the owners of the properties?
Or is a condo association the owner of the fabric of the building, and the residents own leases to use their condominiums for 50-100 years?
I'm trying to get a handle on the relationship between a condo association and a collection of condo 'owners'.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:07 am 

Not a lawyer or condo owner, so take this with a grain of salt:

The Condo Association (CA) is a corporation set up to define and enforce "common fees" and rules for living in the condo complex. The corp's board may or may not have any of the residents of said condos on the board, but most do have some residents on said board.

And yes, the CA usually manages the maintenance of the property/properties, usually through subcontractors.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:20 am 

stratochamp wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:There is also GenCon (normally held late July, but this year 09/16-9/19) held in Indianapolis, IN and GaryCon, lately held at the end of March in Lake Geneva WI. So two more upper midwest cons for you to attend.

With GENCON this year running at only 50% I'd pass on it this year, and wait for next year (Post-Covid).

I skipped GENCON this year because I choose not to guess which 50% of the convention is showing up.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:21 am 

Tarmogoyf wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:I played magic right around the same time I was playing 2nd edition AD&D, and every d&d player in my group also played magic. Magic was the backup plan, the thing we did to fill time when we couldnt get everyone together for d&d. However, when we'd go to the game shop, I would say the majority of magic players did not also play d&d. They kind of looked down on it actually. At the same time, a black lotus was $18 so things may have changed. I dont know if the same is true today, but at least 25 years ago, d&d was not as popular as magic in the LGS. Now that d&d is mainstream, I'm curious to see how successul this and future cross overs will be. I found the Ravnica material in 5e to be a causal read but nothing in there made it to our table.

When I lost my job back in 2001, I sold my power 9 and 100 dual lands for about $2,000 (and a bunch of rare cards...).

Now they'd be worth about $100K (Jesus even the old land cards are worth money now...).

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:28 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread:When I lost my job back in 2001, I sold my power 9 and 100 dual lands for about $2,000 (and a bunch of rare cards...).

Now they'd be worth about $100K (Jesus even the old land cards are worth money now...).

Probably closer to double that amount

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:22 am 

Happy, birthday to America.......and me!!   :bom:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:34 am 

Happy Birthday to you and this great country!

Jorge

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 116 of 163123 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 161162163