Interesting Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 117 of 191123 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 189190191
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:54 am 

So there's the reprints from NTRPGCon, the Kerestan's did their own digest size reprints, didn't Pacesetter then do reprints too? And then the Precis digest size reprints, and now the Precis omnibus size reprints. Have I missed any others since the ones we consider 'vintage' here on Acaeum? So that's definitely 4 reprints, if not 5.

Let's hope they've got a new version coming out this year.
They need a refresh to target the stay-at-home crowd.
PotVQ Lockdown Edition with bonus map. New for 2021.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 pm 

Re: Interesting Items Currently on eBay

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Items Currently on eBay:Then you had the likes of Lou Zocchi photocopying Tegel and Palace of the Vampire Queen and who knows what else and selling those at conventions 'under license'

Are you including the above? If not, then I really must compliment your ability to disagree with EVERYONE, even yourself.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Items Currently on eBay:
Are you including the above? If not, then I really must compliment your ability to disagree with EVERYONE, even yourself.

Sorry, I don't get that?
How was I disagreeing with EVERYONE, even myself?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:10 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Items Currently on eBay:Surely a print either exists or it does not?

GEORGE HARRISON
Speaking of transcendentalism, it's like, what sort of path do you take, where do you go, we're all just sort of drifting about, & then you realize that it doesn't exist in the first place, but then of course it does, so I think it's not so much of an answer, it's more of a question.

RINGO STARR
&nd I as Ringo Starr, I don't care for meditation myself, I just love to have fun.

-Justin Long & Jason Schwartzman in a deleted scene from Walk Hard (2007)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:12 am 

So no explanation then?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:26 am 

What would I be explaining?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:38 am 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Items Currently on eBay:What would I be explaining?

Sorry, I don't get that.
How am I disagreeing with EVERYONE, even myself?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:59 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Items Currently on eBay:Sorry, I don't get that.

What don't you get?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:22 am 

What don't you get?

Okay.... Third time lucky....
I asked if a printing of PotVQ was legit?
I was told it was.
I then pointed out that there have been five printings in the past five years, from four different companies.
You asked if I was counting the Lou Zocchi photocopies and said I was disageeing with EVERYONE, including myself.

and I then asked you....

How and I disagreeing with EVERYONE, including myself?

what I meant was....

Where is the disagreement with EVERYONE, and where is the disagreement with myself?

A question about the printings of a foundation product like PotVQ really shouldn't be that hard for us to work out, should it? I don't have all the information about all the printings obviously, hence I asked if this one was legit, but I have not introduced any new information or disagreed with any of the foundation information everyone has already assembled here on Acaeum either.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:34 am 

Who's on first?

p,s. We'd better start including links to TSR-related auctions if this thread is to stay on topic.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:40 am 

Ah, you were trolling then, and I fell for it.  :oops:
Let's get back to topic.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:19 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Anybody know whether this is original shrinkwrap on this set?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am 

Waynes_Books wrote in Interesting Items Currently on eBay:

Anybody know whether this is original shrinkwrap on this set?

Hard to tell. I have only opened one OCE White Box with original shrink before (YES, tearing it off with my hands, scrunching it up throwing it in the BIN - Ha!  Hate the shrink!) and it had the same kind of crinkly brittle look which this has. The main question though is, what is it like inside? As I have bored people here with before, just because something has been shrink-wrapped for years (and bear in mind, it could have been shrink-wrapped 35 years ago by a shop owner and not be "original" shrink-wrapping) doesn't mean it is new inside. Varying temperature levels over time can still lead to staple rust (or worse! mould!) inside a box. I don't mean to put anyone off, it is probably fine. I just think its always better to open it up and check it out.

You wouldn't buy a car without looking under the hood would you?*

*actually having lived most of my adult life in London, I don't have a car and haven't driven for many years, so in truth I don't really know. Are they all electric now or something? I mean I get taxis and ubers (or at least I did before the pandemic) and they seemed to work but I never really asked about the *mechanics*. Mostly, I just enjoyed being driven about, especially, for example, in the evening going out to meet friends in the pub. Or being driven home a wee bit drunk and happy, Ahhh, those sunny summer days of freedom, will they ever come back again? ... but I digress.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:32 am 

Seller has several boxed figures!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:00 pm 

red_bus wrote in Interesting Items Currently on eBay:...As I have bored people here with before, just because something has been shrink-wrapped for years (and bear in mind, it could have been shrink-wrapped 35 years ago by a shop owner and not be "original" shrink-wrapping) doesn't mean it is new inside. Varying temperature levels over time can still lead to staple rust (or worse! mould!) inside a box. I don't mean to put anyone off, it is probably fine. I just think its always better to open it up and check it out.

Amen to that!

I've seen a few shrinkwrapped sets wrecked with humidity damage inside. Sometimes with little to no effect on the exterior.

I like SW sets because of the "untouched" factor, which is helpful to establish baselines for collecting data. But I'd never keep a SW set in my personal collection.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:42 pm 

This one is listed at a reasonable starting price:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:55 pm 

dbartman wrote in Interesting Items Currently on eBay:This one is listed at a reasonable starting price:

Looks to be a Frankenstein.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:25 am 

Basic set... What is interesting is the colour of the dice

I remember an aution by RJK with deep blue and orange dice which were prototypes which were never put in production... Do i recall correctly?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 117 of 191123 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 189190191