Compleat Necromancer by WOTC/Pandevelopment. Any info?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:36 pm 

Since D20sites posted this, what is the Compleat Necromancer by WOTC/Pandevelopment? Does he mean the Complete book of Necromancers or another item? Educate me on what d20 is talking about since I'm a little confused.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:37 am 

At one point early in WOTC's history, they printed/reprinted a few of the products by Bard Games.  A couple of the last books were The Compleat Alchemist and The Compleat Necromancer.  The Compleat Alchemist was 2nd edition of the Bard Games' book of the same title.  The Compleat Necromancer (I believe) was a whole new book.  It is mentioned in afterglow's non-TSR xD&D item list under Bard Games.  It is also listed in WOTC pre-TSR listing on this site:  The page cannot be found  I have been trying to find a copy for some time but only have found listings for it (ISBN, author, stock number, ...).  d20sites

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:10 am 

Hey D20, thanks for the information. Do you know if it actually released or are you assuming it may have been released? Do facts, etc tell you that it was indeed released?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:29 am 

The Compleat Alchemist was 2nd edition of the Bard Games' book of the same title.
 I thought I saw a copy of this somewhere and I did, hidden in a box!  Although I don't know what printing it is.  It has no copyright date whatsoever within its pages.  It is not a WOTC reprint, however.  I also have The Bestiary by Bard Games as well.  I am not sure what I have here... Are they even rare?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:28 am 

Hi Len, the compleat alchemist, spellcaster, etc can be found occasionally on ebay. They don't fetch very high prices. The Compleat Necromancer if it exists would be the rarest of the "compleat" type books.   Anyone else know if this item exists or not? thx

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:28 am 

My search is at an end.  I was able to contact the author and he said the Compleat Necromancer was shelved when WOTC decided to concentrate on Magic. Oh well  :(

Ð

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:08 am 

d20sites---

Who was the slated author?  Sometimes copies of the early/abandonded WotC manuscripts can be attained via contact with the author.  For example, I have copies of two unreleased Primal Order books:  the Rivals of Esthedil (sp?) by Jonathan Tweet, and Unorthodox Strategies by Ryk E. Spoor (Seawasp), both gained from the authors directly.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/