What is this - Realm of no! by Kim Ryan
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:29 pm 

Hey guys,
diggin through some boxes of crap that I'm going to dump on ebay ( well ok wee warriors and such isn't crap I guess  :)  ) but I found something in a magazine bag called The realm of No!. I kinda remember a buddy of mine getting for me some years back ( like 1996 ), possibly off rgfm...I googled it to no avail.

Basically it's a copy ( front & back on heavy stock paper) of the original, which has some scribbled letter to Gary Gygax ( was he still with TSR in 85? )and the TSR staff on the last page, it reads:

"Gary,
The Module is near completion, but there are a few parts I would like to change before printing commences. Some notes are included throughout the module that I will let Daniel and Christopher sort out."

It continues with another paragraph of dribble about  getting it out before Xmas.

There are 2 illustrations ( horrible btw ), two pages of NPC's, and twao pages of "New Creatures" ( one called a V8 golem ).

There is also 6 pages of the module ( guess it would have been a dragon/dungeon type thing ) and for the credits it has:

Design: Kim Ryan
Editing Suggestions: Daniel McMarr & Christopher Johnson
Structure & Layout: Kim Ryan, Daniel McMarr
Art: Ron Forbes

has a copyright of 1985 TSR hobbies, Inc. and is signed and #'d 4/10

I'm assuming this is probably a piece of garbage ( hell anything with a V8 golem and a Tomato warrior must be ) but I just wanted to see if it's anything that has true history that the Acaeum could use. I can scan the pages if needed....any thoughts?

Take care,
Matt

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:43 pm 

ugh?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:18 pm 

I wonder if this is material that got made into part of the WG7 Castle Greyhawk "joke" module???

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:34 pm 

Daimajin wrote: There are 2 illustrations ( horrible btw ), two pages of NPC's, and twao pages of "New Creatures" ( one called a V8 golem ).

V8!  What a gas guzzler.  Buy one of today's fuel-injected 4-cylinder models, sheesh.  Much better for the environment, which makes the elves happy.  :roll:

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:08 pm 

I came across this post while looking for information on this obscure module. Does anyone have information on this module or contact information for Lordan, so I can get more info on it and how he ended up getting a copy.

I did find something mentioned on Wikipedia:

The Realm of No! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does anyone else on these forums have one of the ten modules mentioned?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:25 am 

A four-year bump? That's gotta be some sort of record ...

A better discussion thread is located right here. Be advised: this is looking very scam-a-licious at the moment ...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:37 am 

atari wrote:I did find something mentioned on Wikipedia

And, conveniently, that fecal matter masquerading as an "encyclopedia entry" now points right back to this very thread.

This is someone trying to make $1,000 off of an old adventure they typed up as an eighth-grader and sent off, unsolicited, to TSR. Pathetic.