Is that the Virgin Mary manifesting on my crusty B2 cover?
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:24 pm 

Just when I thought I had seen everything, I'm sure many of you have heard about this already...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Insert your own joke below...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:34 pm 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:36 pm 

"What did he say?"

"I think he said, blessed are the cheesemakers."

:lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:39 pm 

First off I don't think that's the Virgin Mary. It's Madonna  :lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:43 pm 

WTF I can';t bid I was gonna bid 3,500,000
it would have been mine!
I've always wanted to eat the virgin marry, if I ate her would she still be a virgin?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:17 pm 

I like this one better: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 34749&rd=1

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:11 pm 

My buddy and I were arguing at lunch about this. He heard on the news that eBay claimed to have removed the auction? I just checked and it's still going, but at a reasonable 69k instead of that inflated 3+ million. Some over zealous collector must have came to their senses .I'm planning a snipe at just over 100k myself. Things will heat up a bit once the auction draws to a close. I hope it doesn't get to toasty………

Loaf of white bread - $2.25

Pack of all American cheese - $4.00

Virgin Mary appearing after one bite -- Priceless

Invincible 8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:31 pm 

He has a lot of potinetal bidders, too.
Hey, I took a shit yesterday that looks exactly like Colin Powell. Any $$ there, you think? I could preserve it. Oh wait, it's gone.......

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:08 pm 

yep, heard about it while driving on news radio. I thought they said they pulled it also.

Being the good Catholic that I am, I will have to inspect my grilled cheeses with a little more caution before taking a bite!

But, being the builder that I am, the next spec house I build is gonna have the Holy Mother's image somewhere. I can charge triple!!!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:39 pm 

You were both right.  They pulled it, then put it back up.

Lloyd Brown

Just some guy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:45 pm 

man I am going to make my own "virgin mary" toast! simple just put the butter on in the shape of a womans face, then brown till desired lvl..... the part with the butter doesn't brown as fast.  Instant virgin mary, add a cheap plastic protector and some cotton balls? and sell it on ebay for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:53 am 

Since I am in Australia ... how much do you reckon some vegemite on toast in the shape of the twelve apostles would go for :-)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:55 am 

The holy toast of Mary...oh my thats nothing... Last week I saw the face of Vecna in my daily cup of morning coffee! And two weeks ago Mordenkainen appeared in a puddle of rain. Too bad the puddle didnt fit in a plastic bag :/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:54 am 

I didn't realize this until I was watching the news late last night. The Holy Toast is residing in my city 8O . Apparently it was all over local news yesterday. I'm hoping I'm within range for some of that luck it gives according to the auction description. I could use some amazing grace in the form of a 1st edition chain.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:38 am 

I would feel very uncomfortable trying to sell "religious" artifacts, such as grilled cheese!  Here in Denver, we have a "weeping wall" - a very religious woman has a water stain beneath the paint of her old house that looks disturbingly like the Christlike face on the shroud of Turin.  It's really very creepy.  She tried cleaning it a few times, then with a cleaning service, all verified by a later crew using more scientific methods, and it keeps coming back.  They think it's the actual structure of the woodgrain there and has something to do with termite trails.

Me personally, I would knock the wall down.  But she graciously accepts "pilgrims" into her home all the time, or at least she did a few years ago last I remember looking into it.  People leave donations all the time, and I honestly think she lives off them now.  But it is pretty disturbing to think about The Cheese - how many of these bidders think it's a funny item, how many are hoaxing, how many see only the marketing potential, and how many truly believe it's a sacred sign?

People frighten me.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:46 am 

darkseraphim wrote:But it is pretty disturbing to think about The Cheese - how many of these bidders think it's a funny item, how many are hoaxing, how many see only the marketing potential, and how many truly believe it's a sacred sign?

People frighten me.

Look, either God's really slipping or he doesn't exist, take your pick.  There's no way he works in that mysterious of a way.  I mean, if I was all-seeing and all-knowing, I'm pretty sure I could come up with a better sign.  

My choice: rearrange the stars in the galaxy to spell out "THERE IS A FREAKIN' GOD, SO SHAPE UP!".  And yes, I'd use all-caps.  :D

[edit]Oops.  That was a bit less  funny and more insensitive than I had planned.  My apologies to religious folks out there.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:40 pm 

private auction -- bidders' identities protected Cancelled: US $15,000,700.59
Explanation: Administrative Cancellation Bid: Nov-16-04 15:36:24 PST
Cancelled: Nov-17-04 10:01:59 PST

lol

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:02 pm 

I . . . was going to say something here. . . but I think I will just pretend this whole thing never happened. . .

People frighten me too. . .

Oh, and I think I just saw the face of Asmodeus in my Monster Manual so I will be listing all such future items in the occult section.

BIN is just $1,000 . . .  how's this for a title?

FACE OF THE DEVIL in BOOK.  BEGIN YOUR OWN CULT!

:twisted:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Next