C1 Lost Tamoachan and C2 The Ghost Tower of Inverness
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:07 pm 

I didn't know where to post these at classifieds, fun find, or the silliest auction price of the year. I just don't know what to say.

Lost Tamoachan  looks worn, but appears to be complete for $1,500…..I'm thinking more like $500-$750, but what do I know. :?  

The Ghost Tower of Inverness  mint, but $3000! 8O

Both available at your friendly neighborhood Dragon's Trove Page not found | The Dragon's Trove
Just in time for the holidays.

Invincible 8)

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:30 am 

invincibleoverlord wrote:I didn't know where to post these at classifieds, fun find, or the silliest auction price of the year. I just don't know what to say.

Lost Tamoachan  looks worn, but appears to be complete for $1,500…..I'm thinking more like $500-$750, but what do I know. :?  

The Ghost Tower of Inverness  mint, but $3000! 8O

Both available at your friendly neighborhood Dragon's Trove Page not found | The Dragon's Trove
Just in time for the holidays.

Invincible 8)

If I really wanted an Inverness for the holidays, I'm pretty sure I could pick up Frank's for less than $3000...it's currently at $381 with just over 3 days to go, and I'm going to predict $1100 on this one after the snipes hit the fan.

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... RK:MEWA:IT

Actually no...I'd probably book a flight to the real Inverness in Scotland for that kind of money.  :D

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:40 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Actually no...I'd probably book a flight to the real Inverness in Scotland for that kind of money.  :D

And it's a nice place for holidays, too. Been there eight years ago. Not far from the famous Loch Ness and its sea monster. If I had to make a D&D fantasy movie, I'd choose locations from Scotland or Ireland.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:42 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Hmmm. $140 less than the one that went a couple weeks ago.
Just shows the absorbtion rate for these things is not high, even though they are rare items.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:46 am 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Hmmm. $140 less than the one that went a couple weeks ago.
Just shows the absorbtion rate for these things is not high, even though they are rare items.

The previous one appeared to be NM to M, with the ziploc bag, making it SW.  :?: This one lacked the bag, and had a few minor flaws.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:51 am 

You can get one of those zip bags anywhere. If I ever sell mine, I am gonna replace the bags so they look nicer. They discolor with age. The condition is negligable. The covers of Tsjoc are very weak compared with Inverness.
I just think they sold too close to one another. And in a market where lots the rares have gone recently. There just are not alot of buyers ... at ths time anyway. We have also seen several of the veteran collectors reverse direction and sell their collections - burnt, dead and others.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:54 pm 

If the rumors of the existance of a box of unopened Tsojconths is true, what do you think will happen to the market value once their owner starts putting them up on eBay?

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:59 pm 

People have shown a willingness to pay next-to-top-dollar for rares even when there is a known stash being leaked to control the market - that's been the case with orange B3 for quite awhile.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:35 pm 

Take it for what it is worth, but a little bird told me there is no stash of  TSJs.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:46 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Take it for what it is worth, but a little bird told me there is no stash of  TSJs.

although there's another seller, <mysterious_merlin>, who says they'll be listing their copy on eBay soon... will see...

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:18 pm 

The stash of Tsojconths has *already* been leaked -- a few years back, a seller sold about ten of them in a row.  One right after the other, on eBay.

Foul

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:57 pm 

Now if we could only find that stash of mint Tamoachans...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:00 am 

That is definately the hardest of the three to get.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:07 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:I didn't know where to post these at classifieds, fun find, or the silliest auction price of the year. I just don't know what to say.

The Ghost Tower of Inverness  mint, but $3000!

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to complain about that.  Look, these are my own private copies.  I wasn't really looking to sell them, but I wanted to populate the "collector's area" of my web site.  So I figured out what it would take for me to part with them, and if someone wants to pay it, they are out of here.

Do I believe that will happen?  Probably not.  Am I trying to establish a new value for them?  Nope.  Did I just buy them and am looking to flip them for a quick buck?  Nope, got them probably 8 years ago.   But I have this new fangled web site that lets me show pictures, and well I have noticed that these have suddenly become one of my most viewed items, so people have obviously visited the site.

There you have it.  

Michael

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:20 pm 

8O

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:44 pm 

What he is alluding to is the ridiculous pricing that seems to be rampant among resellers trying to snag idiotic buyers. I myself could care less what you charge, but I understand why he thinks it makes you look like a greedy, manipulative bastard. It does.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:52 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bbarsh wrote:Take it for what it is worth, but a little bird told me there is no stash of  TSJs.

although there's another seller, <mysterious_merlin>, who says they'll be listing their copy on eBay soon... will see...

follow-up, fyi... No BIN attempts, OK? :P

<clip>
Hello again, I'm sending this email to all the bidders of LOST CAVERNS of TSOJCONTH - 1976 D&D by Gygax Item# 5932882265. I mentioned that I would be listing one of these very rare modules in the next day or two. The Item will become available tonight at 9:00pm PDT. The Item# will be 5935841905. This module is in excellent condition. Hope to do business with you. Thanks. Sincerely, Jose Mesuro (mysterious_merlin)
</clip>

One of the ten-or-so, I wonder, Scott?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:17 am 

Well, eyeamgawd's Inverness (and all that other stuff) is coming down to the wire:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

3 hours or so to go.  Still waiting for the massive price explosion...looks like another popcorn day.  8)

YIM  
Next