Fazzle Dazzle
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:07 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Btw, did anyone notice sandralock's Tsoj. just went as well?

The hole-punched one?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:09 pm 

tim66 wrote:

The hole-punched one?

Yes.

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:27 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

Noticed it was down to $545, earlier, but didn't see it vanish. Thanks for the note.
($250 would've been more like it, IMHO. Was surprised <invincible> actually offered $400+).

Thanks Guys .... If you view the pricing in the short term then I agree that the price is high.  However, if you view in the long term (as I do) then the price is fine.  Plus the chance to pick up one that has been kept in good form is probably worth more than picking up a crap copy for less.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:34 pm 

improvstone wrote:Thanks Guys .... If you view the pricing in the short term then I agree that the price is high.  However, if you view in the long term (as I do) then the price is fine.  Plus the chance to pick up one that has been kept in good form is probably worth more than picking up a crap copy for less.

I agree completely, but in order to get one in my budget, it's got to be of far lesser condition....

Does anyone have a copy of Fazzlewood that is/was on fire?  I'd be willing to pay at least $20, but I'll need scans.  Shredded or dog-chewed, I might be able to go a little bit higher.  If it makes the "Poor" grade, I'm probably outta the race. :D

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:34 pm 

Aww... and here's me wondering whether that very nice Dwarven Glory would sneak through amidst all the high-flying stuff...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5933673373

No chance ;)

(Guess who?)

My fault for forking out too much on that earlier VGish copy...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:14 pm 

Call me crazy, but a DG in good shape going for under 200 is a solid purchase.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:14 am 

harami2000 wrote:

Noticed it was down to $545, earlier, but didn't see it vanish. Thanks for the note.
($250 would've been more like it, IMHO. Was surprised <invincible> actually offered $400+).

Yea, you're right I was just dumfounded when I got no e-mail response for my offer of $300. I thought maybe it somehow could have even offended her in someway. I think in retrospect the $400 offer was a bit rash, but I've learned the market a bit since then. Plus at the time according to the Acaeum the last one sold about a year ago M: $631 (10/03). I had no idea if this was going to be our only chance at one of these, and we have to have one for the museum. I wonder what it would go for if it was just thrown to us wolves no reserve? Now that I'm a little smarter I'd give her (snipe--------$216.74) hoping to win below $210 that way the whole thing with shipping wouldn't be more than $225. I'd still give it some thought though.

Thank God for greed

Invincible 8)

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:34 am 

$1,475 Wow! That's double Acaeum. The only thing that bothers me is it wasn't for ajeff2 who by the looks of his eBay purchases is either one of us in disguise or a new player in town. Improve would have gotten it cheaper. No one else came out at the wire. Hmmmm…..I thought it would have been a Boot Hill shout out between the gang. So much for speculation. :?

Invincible 8)

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:54 am 

I just noticed Improv got the Tosj too  8O !!!!!.......Wow what a night!!!!......You the man!.......both Metro Detroit's nice going. AHhhhh! now the wait.

Invincible 8)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:23 am 

invincibleoverlord wrote:I just noticed Improv got the Tosj too  8O !!!!!.......Wow what a night!!!!......You the man!.......both Metro Detroit's nice going. AHhhhh! now the wait.

Invincible 8)

Thanks .... Regardless what the Acaeum lists the Fazzle at I agree with Frank these seem to be much rarer.  Also the seller doesn't have a box full of these .....  

Its also hard to tell who bid as only the highest snipes will show.  It would be far more useful if eBay also showed the failed bids.  Then we could tell the real level.  

So now I wish desuma all the best on his sale certainly a2jeff hasmore spare cash to play with :-)

Cheers Improv.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:28 am 

Invincible,

Just did some checking on the Pharaoh you bought.   Basically the same deal.  If it wasn't for a2jeff and thefantasymuseum you would have picked it up for significantly less.  If I remember your quote at the the time you agreed it was a bit more than you expected.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:07 am 

Yea, we did pay a little high on the Pharaoh. I was hoping more like a grand, but a couple hundred more, what are you going to do. Just like the Fazz it's the only one I've seen on the block and the Acaeum list the last one at E: $780 (5/03). BTW I noticed there was no update after the sale on the Pharaoh page as well as our POTVQ black folder. I wonder how often Scott updates the auction prices?

Previous