Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 113123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:33 am 

How about this one:

D&D Books: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Heard Cover??? Who the hell wants to buy books that will be listening to you. And what in the past have they heard?  DO they have stories to tell or are they just good listeners? :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:17 pm 

Talk about much ado about nothing: :roll:

World of Greyhawk: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:39 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Talk about much ado about nothing: :roll:

i love it when ppl do that, thinking they are sat on some amazing treasure like its worth gold :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:14 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Talk about much ado about nothing: :roll:

i love it when ppl do that, thinking they are sat on some amazing treasure like its worth gold :D

Be nice, guys.  Not everyone is a full-time collector.   :lol:

For a lot of people, I bet, the items they have posted are treasures that they part with very reluctantly.  

One common thread about old gamers...a lot of them always expected they would get back into the game soon...like, as soon as the wife calms down or the kids get settled or whatever.   :cry:

Selling my paltry treasures would be a wrench.   :(

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:54 am 

This one's our fault, but it's still laughable.  Relative to the (rarity 1) 4th printing, the 5th printing is rare, sure.  They still show up all the time on eBay.   People take the things we state on here waaay too seriously, sometimes.   :roll:  
cgi.ebay.ca/ORIGINAL-Dungeons-and-Drago ... dZViewItem

Repeat after me:  "There are no rare Expert Sets.  There are no rare Deities & Demigods.  There are definitely no rare Fiend Folios."

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:52 am 

You really have to like the guy's description of working at Target for a summer.....sounds like a good dude to do business with even if he is not a gamer....

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:02 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:This one's our fault, but it's still laughable. Relative to the (rarity 1) 4th printing, the 5th printing is rare, sure. They still show up all the time on eBay.  People take the things we state on here waaay too seriously, sometimes.  :roll:  
cgi.ebay.ca/ORIGINAL-Dungeons-and-Drago ... dZViewItem

Repeat after me: "There are no rare Expert Sets. There are no rare Deities & Demigods. There are definitely no rare Fiend Folios."

So that leaves the door open for RARE B2's & X1's. :P

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:19 pm 

RWilson wrote:You really have to like the guy's description of working at Target for a summer.....sounds like a good dude to do business with even if he is not a gamer....

He may be a good guy, but he's gotta be a complete wuss if he thinks working one summer at Target is hell.  I worked for Target for 8 years and six of those as a manager.  It was one of the easiest, least stressful jobs I have had.  As far as retail hell goes...try working for Wal-Mart.  :evil:  If Wal-Mart was a town in the Outlands, it would be on the verge of slipping into The Abyss.  :roll:

Hell...try working on a road crew in West Texas for the summer.  Talk about stygian depths of gloom.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:21 pm 

New module, Wal-Mart of the Outlands. Characters have to explore a shabby building inhabited by dretchs disguised as underpaid illegal immigrants, succubi disguised as midriff-baring teen sluts equipped with +3 cellphones of babbling, and Type IV demons (fat and balding) as their overseers. There are many treasures to be had in the form of deep discounts.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:37 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:
RWilson wrote:You really have to like the guy's description of working at Target for a summer.....sounds like a good dude to do business with even if he is not a gamer....

He may be a good guy, but he's gotta be a complete wuss if he thinks working one summer at Target is hell. I worked for Target for 8 years and six of those as a manager. It was one of the easiest, least stressful jobs I have had. As far as retail hell goes...try working for Wal-Mart. :evil: If Wal-Mart was a town in the Outlands, it would be on the verge of slipping into The Abyss. :roll:

Hell...try working on a road crew in West Texas for the summer. Talk about stygian depths of gloom. :wink:

Yes, I have worked some really unpleasant jobs...years on freeze trawlers off the BC coast where you are down in the hold of the boat stacking dead fish in -45 degrees celsius conditions as they are basically a floating deep freezer .....they always paid well, though....bought a lot of good games with that money! I just like it when the seller displays some personal touches in their auctions.....plus I have no people skills and I hate the idea of working Wal Mart or Target or whatever....yeah, everybody has to eat a little shit now and again, but those guys (lemures?) swallow whole buckets of it.....

Bree-Yark!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:46 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:New module, Wal-Mart of the Outlands. Characters have to explore a shabby building inhabited by dretchs disguised as underpaid illegal immigrants, succubi disguised as midriff-baring teen sluts equipped with +3 cellphones of babbling, and Type IV demons (fat and balding) as their overseers. There are many treasures to be had in the form of deep discounts.

With the aid of his trusty Rod of Cellphone Service Cancellation and Amulet of Protection from Impulse Buying, the stalwart hero braves the fiery pits and rot encrusted, blood-soaked aisles of the retail ruins to do battle for his very soul with the bloodthirsty Cabal of Cashiers.

Hmmm...I have wanted to kick the crap out of a few cashiers in my time. This sounds like it would be kind of fun. :P

Yes, I have worked some really unpleasant jobs...years on freeze trawlers off the BC coast where you are down in the hold of the boat stacking dead fish in -45 degrees celsius conditions as they are basically a floating deep freezer

From what I have read and seen, working on a fishing trawler is not only an unpleasant job, but one of the most dangerous.  I watched a special on the Discovery Channel not too long ago and was amazed at the number of people that lose their lives each year working out at sea.  You sir have some serious cajones!  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:54 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:New module, Wal-Mart of the Outlands. Characters have to explore a shabby building inhabited by dretchs disguised as underpaid illegal immigrants, succubi disguised as midriff-baring teen sluts equipped with +3 cellphones of babbling, and Type IV demons (fat and balding) as their overseers. There are many treasures to be had in the form of deep discounts.

With the aid of his trusty Rod of Cellphone Service Cancellation and Amulet of Protection from Impulse Buying, the stalwart hero braves the fiery pits and rot encrusted, blood-soaked aisles of the retail ruins to do battle for his very soul with the bloodthirsty Cabal of Cashiers.

Hmmm...I have wanted to kick the crap out of a few cashiers in my time. This sounds like it would be kind of fun. :P

I wanna play!  I will be the assassin character who strikes fear into customers who dawdle ahead of other people in the checkout line!  

"Be forewarned all ye purchasers of lottery tickets and people who don't have their payment ready!  Quail in fear ye checkers who insist on gabbing rather than moving thy asses!"   :lol:

Mark

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:09 am 

KingOfPain wrote:

Yes, I have worked some really unpleasant jobs...years on freeze trawlers off the BC coast where you are down in the hold of the boat stacking dead fish in -45 degrees celsius conditions as they are basically a floating deep freezer

From what I have read and seen, working on a fishing trawler is not only an unpleasant job, but one of the most dangerous. I watched a special on the Discovery Channel not too long ago and was amazed at the number of people that lose their lives each year working out at sea. You sir have some serious cajones! 8O

No, no cojones....I was a dumb teenager stuck in a dead end village on the BC coast with no money....but thanks for the comp. Actually, on that discovery program they should have shown the worst part- the head (toilet to you landlubbers) was at the foot of my bunk and the other deckhands were always rummaging about my feet for the asswipe in the dark! Plus the stink was ferocious, six guys all farting and breathing hard in a cramped dark foc'sle....

8O You can have the thread back now, I guess....

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:56 am 

Another gem from Tony's Ass Games... I1 in Extra Fine Condition...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/AD-D-Module-I1-Dwellers- ... dZViewItem

Oh, wait... They've got two!

cgi.ebay.co.uk/AD-D-Module-I1-Dwellers- ... dZViewItem

I think the first one has more cut off, hense the difference in price.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:19 pm 

I made the mistake of buying from Tonya King once. It was my first purchase on eBay. The modules were terrible; one also had a very dry chewing-gum attached on the inside cover.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:41 pm 

What a coincidence that two modules are worn and cut in exactly the same way.   :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:42 pm 

I have bought from Tonya once and Titan once.  Both items came in the shrink-wrapped condition that was advertised and the shipping was very prompt.   8)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:47 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I just about crapped myself when I read the description.  Valued at over $50,000....by whom???  Who wants to shoot off the first question to the seller how they came upon this item and how they know it to be genuine?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 113123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 111112113