Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 113123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:19 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/Module-FR3-Empires-of-the- ... dZViewItem

"This module is missing pages 27 to 38 but otherwise, is in good condition."

Seems quite contradictory to me.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:25 pm 

zhowar1 wrote: Gamma World TSR: Role Playing Games | eBay

Gamma World TSR Science Fiction RPG 1983
terriers, Bassets, Beagles Kennels

Nothing about these dog breeds in the description. Maybe they are the Seller's favorite stocks for mutant animals....Life Leech Basset Hound anyone?

They have one other auction with the same subtitle. It's a book on Stonehenge. Was it was built by ancient pack of little dogs? 8O

I looked at the sellers completed items. They appear to do some stuff with dog books and the like. I suspect it was carry over from other postings in whatever listing tool they may use. That being said your explination sounds much better  :wink:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:26 pm 

It's important to remember the entire world doesn't use the Acaeum grading system! I wouldn't have put that higher (or lower) than VG, though. 8)

Looking over the local system I see many qualities to recommend it! The important thing is be sure that seller and buyer are on the same wavelength, as it were. I should like to see a link off any of our auction pages to our item condition code page - that might help!

Totally agree on that VG by the way.

Cheers,

Brian "Old Sardul" Collins

http://www.titangames.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:51 pm 

oldsardul wrote:Looking over the local system I see many qualities to recommend it! The important thing is be sure that seller and buyer are on the same wavelength, as it were. I should like to see a link off any of our auction pages to our item condition code page - that might help!

Cheers,

Not to disrupt the growing friendly consensus, but given that part of the cover is torn entirely off (albeit present and accounted for), I'm not sure that even VG under your grading system is in order. Just my opinion, YM obviously MV.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:32 pm 

sorry but i thought it looked mullered to me and would have just said it was in good condition. simple as that. no way i would say it was VG if i was selling it. but then, so long as someone comments on all the faults an item has, thats the main thing.

i know most ppl have their own thoughts on how they go figure conditions, so listing faults imo is a lot easier as you know exactly where you stand.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:43 pm 

This topic is supposed to be funny.

Ad&d Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

I think this guy only has four toes.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:16 pm 

Achizar wrote:
oldsardul wrote:Looking over the local system I see many qualities to recommend it! The important thing is be sure that seller and buyer are on the same wavelength, as it were. I should like to see a link off any of our auction pages to our item condition code page - that might help!

Cheers,

Not to disrupt the growing friendly consensus, but given that part of the cover is torn entirely off (albeit present and accounted for), I'm not sure that even VG under your grading system is in order. Just my opinion, YM obviously MV.

Oops.   :oops:   Didn't actually look at the description, just the photo.  Torn halfway up the spine definitely shouldn't be VG...

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:22 pm 

Oops.  :oops:  I only looked at the description and not at the picture... Is it Good? Fine? Very Good? No - it is none of those things. It is birdcage liner and should just have been thrown away.

Ah well, that particular lister has listed nearly three hundred items this week and every once in a while an egregious error sneaks through!

Brian "Old Sardul" Collins

http://www.titangames.com

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:21 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:This topic is supposed to be funny.

Ad&d Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

I think this guy only has four toes.

I try to keep my foot-shots cropped, there is no reason for everyone on ebay to see my 6 year old Nikes that I refuse to throw away.  =)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:20 pm 

Another seller who just worked way too damn hard on their auction desription :roll: :

Dungeons and Dragons TSR | eBay

Gee, I have $1245 worth of books here, but I am not going even bother to list them :roll: Anyone feeling like gambling..............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:04 pm 

I asked for a list of the stuff, nothing thats stands out as far as having great value. There are some decent items like a boot hill booklet and other small more common booklets ( greyhawk etc ). Monochromes, mega mods ( GDQ series ). mostly stuff from 1980 on. lots of it was listed as in poor  to good condition.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:58 am 

bclarkie wrote:Another seller who just worked way too damn hard on their auction desription :roll: :

Dungeons and Dragons TSR | eBay

Gee, I have $1245 worth of books here, but I am not going even bother to list them :roll: Anyone feeling like gambling..............

I got the list, lots of good stuff on it, lots of garbage as well.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:32 am 

Yes, definitely not worth the price.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:55 am 

Nice rounded corners considering " This reference guide is in NEW UNUSED near mint condition. It has never been sold or used, however, it has been opened enough to show a small crease on the spine. There is some minor shelf wear. Copyright 1978. " 8O

Ad&d Monster Manual | eBay

also got a kick from this:

Dice Set | eBay

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:59 am 

I saw that jar & dice set this morning....is that a joke?

As for the 1e MM, he does say, "God bless America", so you just know he is a straight shooter (all puns intended)!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:10 pm 

Zippanthropus wrote:I saw that jar & dice set this morning....is that a joke?

I was wondering the same thing. If they go for a couple hundred buck I guess we will know  :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:23 am 

Advanced D&D Players Handbook | eBay

I love these people that use Satan to sell their D&D stuff.  My master will be most pleased.  :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:53 am 

If he really wanted to get an AD&D buyer's attention he would have used the name "Asmodeus". Satan is lame, but Asmodeus, now there's a hellion! Just hearing the name Asmodeus makes me want to get out my d20.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 113123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 111112113