Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 113123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 111112113
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:33 am 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Aw, this is so common now I've lost the will to complain about it. The problem is three-fold:

1. Genuine unfamiliarity of 1st Ed. stuff, simply because it's not in every corner store. Never seen before != rare.2.
2. Lack of passion for detail: some of these guys can't tell a 1st print MM from a 6th, even though they are strikingly different if you look closely.
3. Greed, lies, and deceit. Let's face it, some people think eBay is a scam artist free-for-all. :roll:

Agreed 100%. :roll: The best thing to do in these situations is to irritate the seller with a bunch of questions.

Speaking of shady, no good, lying POS sellers, I imagine that the newest and latest incarnation of our old freind jonb should be cropping up pretty soon.

I have been thinking for some time now there should be a $2 surcharge to put Rare, Ultr-Rare or anything that designates something as being scarce in an eBay title. The people would use it when it should and not as an eye catching word or bold face lie. If I see one more Rare Keep on the Borderlands I think I will scream.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:37 am 

Marlith wrote:I have been thinking for some time now there should be a $2 surcharge to put Rare, Ultr-Rare or anything that designates something as being scarce in an eBay title. The people would use it when it should and not as an eye catching word or bold face lie. If I see one more Rare Keep on the Borderlands I think I will scream.

Heh, according to jonb, B2 is rare. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:03 pm 

Looks like the seller got confused by the fancy font; I'm pretty sure that Paladine deserves his own book.  

Though I eagerly await the follow-up "Player's Guide to Wu Jen and Takhisis"...  :lol:

Player s Guide to Monks and Paladine By Suleiman C NEW | eBay

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:11 pm 

Best...B2 description...ever!

cgi.ebay.ca/B2-ancient-artifact-and-AD- ... dZViewItem

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:30 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Best...B2 description...ever!

playing D&D bareback??!!! we are talking about the same thing here arent we? :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:02 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Best...B2 description...ever!

playing D&D bareback??!!! we are talking about the same thing here arent we? :D

Probably not. ;)  It was an adaptation of a "Comic Book Guy" quote.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:41 pm 

At least no one can complain about the seller not having large clear pictures/scans 8O :

eBay listings

WARNING, if you are not at least on a DSL line or have a Cable modem, clicking on these auctions may be detrimental to your computers health. :P

<edit> This seller actually has a lot of decent stuff. Might be worth a look. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:39 pm 

Alright Paul, since I know that you were going for this with this description, I will happily nominate you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  Here it is back by popular, popular demand:

eBay

It is the VERY VERY COMMON TRS module B2 in absolutely HORRIBLE condition. :lol:  Keep in mind that this is for the Drangeons and Dugons gaem!! Somewhere out there Jonb/TGE/ETC is rolling over in his proverbial grave(s). :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I have used modules for lots of crazy sh*t before, but I never thought to use it as TP. :o

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:50 am 

If stormber hadn't mentioned that the module reeked of cigarette smoke I might have bid on this B2 as a goof to reward stormber's wackiness.  But cigarette smoke makes me ill so I'll have to say no dice on this one... but what a great description!   :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:04 am 

I'll pay the 3 dollars if you post another picture of it on fire  :twisted:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:58 am 

Not really laughable but I had to post this somewhere. I would really like to have bought some of these but were afraid I could not meet one of the requirements and it would cost me money or a feedback hit. Has to be one of the least friendly listings I have ever read....sort of reminds me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld....

AD D Dragon Magazine 51 NR | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:21 am 

chromaticknight wrote:I'll pay the 3 dollars if you post another picture of it on fire :twisted:

That would be friggin' hilarious!  I laughed my ass off reading that description, but to actually see it in flames...my god, we've GOT to get Paul to relist it that way.  I'll chip in another 3.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:23 am 

bclarkie wrote:At least no one can complain about the seller not having large clear pictures/scans 8O :

eBay listings

WARNING, if you are not at least on a DSL line or have a Cable modem, clicking on these auctions may be detrimental to your computers health. :P

<edit> This seller actually has a lot of decent stuff. Might be worth a look. :wink:

You can actually see the nipples on that mushroom in background, the scan is so big:

Lord of D: Individual Cards | eBay

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:09 am 

I have seen avatars on message boards nearly as big as some of those files. Really makes it tough to get around.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:24 am 

Adam Shultz wrote:I have seen avatars on message boards nearly as big as some of those files. Really makes it tough to get around.

Yeah, I know.  At home on the phone line, avatars are a big pain.

However, I finally caved and made one -- if anyone's curious it's a graphical representation of the last few hours of traffic utilization on my network's backbone.  It should turn blue during the wee hours of the morning (EST).  ;)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:27 am 

Adam Shultz wrote:I have seen avatars on message boards nearly as big as some of those files. Really makes it tough to get around.

Avatars?! 8O  8O  8O  My god, why would anyone even want and avatar that big?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:45 am 

:lol: <---note: 300 bytes.

They are usually animated GIFs but I have seen a few static avatars hovering around the 200k mark. I just dont think folks know how to save the images. I didn't when I first started to dork around the computer.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:09 pm 

Okay anyone want a 3-hole punched PHB:

Ad&d Players Handbook | eBay

8O

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 113123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 111112113