Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 40 of 113123 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 111112113
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:22 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:

I'm only after one of the lot. So, if anyone ends up with some duplicates, then let me know. It's not really worth sniping if I've got all but one of them is it?!? Mouse hovers over "Cancel Snipe". :?:

i mean who hasnt got a snipe ready :)

the guy selling must be crapping it with the number of watchers :D

And for those who hadn't worked out what we were talking about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5241005724

£6/issue 8O Not a bad return.

Ended up throwing my token bids in manually.

Do you have any duplicates invincibleoverlord?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:26 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
Ended up throwing my token bids in manually.

Do you have any duplicates invincibleoverlord?

heh see how many bids went in during the last 5 seconds :)

i wanted them really really bad - have been looking for a set for years - its so damn hard to get hold of em....i really thought i would get them for my bid (feckin hate yanks right now) :D

oh well - i guess i am still on the lookout for beholder fanzines *sigh*

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:37 pm 

*looks around*

oh, you're all over here... sorry! ^^

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I dont think that it would be *referenced* specifically, but it should be listed under the section: "Nothing about Ebay will make any sense to anyone, so it is not worth your effort trying to figure it out". :wink:

*was about to laugh, but realises that's not really a joke...* :?

Heh. And it's a bit pointless trying to lay 1 cent increment "traps" in the bidding, anyhow, when most people just wade in heavy without even bothering to check the history! ;)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:43 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:...the guy selling must be crapping it with the number of watchers :D

When I was talking with the seller he was thinking about pulling the auction because there was no way he was "giving them away" for $5 (or whatever the max bid was then). Think he should be a bit more happy, now. :)

Next time you too, maybe, Al?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:07 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Do you have any duplicates invincibleoverlord?

I'm looking for #23.  Unless there are #26+  In which case, I'm on the prowl for those as well.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:17 pm 

johnhuck wrote:I'm looking for #23. Unless there are #26+ In which case, I'm on the prowl for those as well.

*psst* Don't tell Al about the supplements and New Beholders. ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:29 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
johnhuck wrote:Do you have any duplicates invincibleoverlord?

I'm looking for #23. Unless there are #26+ In which case, I'm on the prowl for those as well.

john

will have a look to see if i have a dupe 23....i have a few dupes so will check.

i need # 1 - 15

been after these for feckin ages man - guess its one of them "gives me summit to do" things :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:30 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:I'm looking for #23. Unless there are #26+ In which case, I'm on the prowl for those as well.

and you know what david, i dunno if youre serious or just pulling my leg....*curses*

i have one word for you "instalments" :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:40 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

and you know what david, i dunno if youre serious or just pulling my leg....*curses*

i have one word for you "instalments" :D

Unfortunately, I can only say that perhaps one leg is being pulled.  The other is definitely not.

But I suspect that I am missing more than just #23 and some supplements. :cry:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:42 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
But I suspect that I am missing more than just #23 and some supplements. :cry:

please enlighten me....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:42 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:and you know what david, i dunno if youre serious or just pulling my leg....*curses*

Absolutely serious! Brette can confirm, even if John can't.

killjoy32 wrote:i have one word for you "instalments" :D

Packed, as they have been for the past couple of weeks... :(

And the condition wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped either in that the faults were pretty evenly spread across all the copies :( :(

Will probably have to re-pack with a bonus item (not fanzine related, sorry).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:14 pm 

I knew there was no way what this Manny had dug out from his closet could have slipped under the radar. Especially after those subtle hints John :wink: . I had a feeling I knew what you guys were hinting at. :P

I happened to have noticed it right after it was posted and put it on my watch list. I forgot I was bidding in GBP when it came time for my snipe though! I think that's why I won the lot. I put in 200 thinking dollars… 8O

Anyway, I've been looking to complete my run for sometime, so I'm happy with the win. I have issues 3,4,5,6,7,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18, 20,24, and 25.

A few of them are doubles and have different colored covers as well as different prices; for example issue #6 one has a yellow cover with 40p and the other has a pink cover with 60p - otherwise thier identical. The pink copy's not marked 2nd printing, so I don't know what the deal is. Anyone know about this?

I'm hopping since this lot starts with #1 that they are all I guess what you'd call "first prints". I'll let you guys know comparisons when they arrive.

BTW, I tried to offset the huge chunk of change spent by trying to snipe those Autoduel Quarterly's for a couple of bucks, but rpg auctions bumped me up to $42 bucks in the last seconds! :evil:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

But this $41 a few days back was well spent 8O :D

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:19 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:

BTW, I tried to offset the huge chunk of change spent by trying to snipe those Autoduel Quarterly's for a couple of bucks, but rpg auctions bumped me up to $42 bucks in the last seconds! :evil:

Mike, you know the rpgauctions guy posts here. :wink:

<waves to Ian>*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:27 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:A few of them are doubles and have different colored covers as well as different prices; for example issue #6 one has a yellow cover with 40p and the other has a pink cover with 60p

They were reprinted at various stages.  And the higher prices indicate later printings.  Not sure about the colours though.  I've got two #1's both priced at 40p.  But one is blue and the other one is orange.  I presume that they just used whatever colour paper they could get their hands on.

David can probably tell you more.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:27 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:I'm hopping since this lot starts with #1 that they are all I guess what you'd call "first prints". I'll let you guys know comparisons when they arrive.

I already know the answer, I'm afraid.

Had to tell them they were mostly/all reprints and it clicked with them, second-time.

> The Beholder was so popular it was reprinted many times, mostly very early on,

> as is mentioned inside a few of the issues.

> You can usually tell from the different color of card stock and even different

> prices on the covers! Contents are the same (and excellent) as far as I know.

: )

Ok, I see what you are saying now, yes I got most of the early ones in one

go as back issues.

The early numbers in original covers are very scarce indeed.

You're looking for something more like this:

Am still not 100% certain that the "bold" price variant comes after this.

I bought all mine "first hand" as they were issued, but I suppose it's possible the first issue (only?) might have had a limited print run locally, too.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:28 pm 

*looks at the timestamps on the previous two posts* :P

The blue cover is almost certainly earlier, John.

However, the "non-bold" price on your orange copy is what made me more than a bit uncertain about the "bold" blue variant; of which I've only seen one copy, IIRC... Unfortunately that auction finished before I saw your pics. I think someone else from here nabbed it.

(John; you've also got a couple of rather neat letters from Mike Stoner... ;))

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:54 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:BTW, I tried to offset the huge chunk of change spent by trying to snipe those Autoduel Quarterly's for a couple of bucks, but rpg auctions bumped me up to $42 bucks in the last seconds! :evil:

There was a seller a few months back getting only a few dollars per volume of four issues. Almost felt like buying them at that price, but resisted the temptation. (May also have been missing number 1 or some such justification I used not to bid).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 40 of 113123 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 111112113