Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 113123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:31 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Dog not included?

eBay listings

Is it just me, or does the idea of a dog sprawling all over the book kind of make you think twice about purchasing?

Woo Hoo!  Nuthin' on but the collar!  This dude has Rawkgirl beat!   :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:44 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Reindeergamez wrote:Dog not included?

eBay listings

Is it just me, or does the idea of a dog sprawling all over the book kind of make you think twice about purchasing?

Woo Hoo! Nuthin' on but the collar! This dude has Rawkgirl beat!  :wink:

*cough*

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:21 pm 

I kind of like the one for the Ravenloft Starter Set.  You can see the raw chicken in the cat's claws...and the look of pure evil in its eyes:

Ravenloft starter set D20 D D system | eBay

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:32 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I kind of like the one for the Ravenloft Starter Set. You can see the raw chicken in the cat's claws...and the look of pure evil in its eyes:

ROFL!  That isn't 'raw chicken'!  :P

They are soft plastic coverings you glue on your cat's claws to keep them from scratching stuff without having to declaw them.  They last about a month and then come off when the cat sheds it's claws.  Then you glue on a new one.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:04 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:
They are soft plastic coverings you glue on your cat's claws to keep them from scratching stuff without having to declaw them. They last about a month and then come off when the cat sheds it's claws. Then you glue on a new one. :D

That's.. bizarre. I can't imagine trying to get my cats used to that, heh.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:08 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:I kind of like the one for the Ravenloft Starter Set. You can see the raw chicken in the cat's claws...and the look of pure evil in its eyes:

ROFL! That isn't 'raw chicken'! :P

They are soft plastic coverings you glue on your cat's claws to keep them from scratching stuff without having to declaw them. They last about a month and then come off when the cat sheds it's claws. Then you glue on a new one. :D

My friend, that is even more sick and disgusting than my suggestion... :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:03 pm 

This one would be posted in "Interesting Items", except for the shipping costs.  8O

cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Known-Wor ... dZViewItem

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 am 

Nothing wrong with the item, but the question/response regarding printing is kinda funny.  (Fess up, whoever!)

If you're going to point a seller here, at least look at the auction picture/Acaeum description first -- sellers aren't very reliable on figuring out these things.

The wizard logo makes it between 4th+ and 7th.  5th/6th have chits instead of dice, and 7th has B2, not B1.  By process of elimination it's 4th+.  (Or some previously undocumented variant, but you won't find that out by asking the seller, of course).

cgi.ebay.ca/Dungeons-and-Dragons-ORIGIN ... otohosting

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:20 pm 

AD D Collectible LEGENDS LORE hc beauty NR WOW | eBay

I hope this guy is just joking about the "bonfire".  :?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:15 pm 

Includes a $100 leather bag!!

Dungeons and Dragons book lot in Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:26 pm 

Alright David, How the hell did you pull this off? :?

eBay.com Item Bid History

I could understand if you were the first bidder on this auction with a $0.01 opening bid, but I can't figure this one out for the life of me.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:31 pm 

:lol:  WTF, one cent increments  8O  :lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:33 pm 

I know it is a cool item and all...but does this "history" just not smack of someone trying to catch anything someone might have a search set up for? I think I might have to use this if I ever sell. Here is my B1 and a bit of history about the game.... :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

This is a Near Mint copy from Fantasy Art Enterprises, VERY rare. It is autographed on the first page by both Erol Otus (of Deities and Demigods fame) and Paul Reiche. Aside from some staple rust, it is basically mint. You will not find a nicer copy. It was produced as a companion to the Necromican, and lists many unique monsters and magical/technological treasures. A bit of history about the book and D&D: Back in 1974, Gary Gygax and friends invented the Dungeons and Dragons game, starting with the first print woodgrain boxed set and eventually producing the Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, Swords and Spells, and Chainmail supplements. After the game began to catch on, annual Gencon and RPGA tournaments were held, which produced such rare modules as Lost Caverns of Tsojconth, Ghost Tower of Inverness, Quest for the Fazzlewood and Lost Tamoachan. These, along with their UK counterpart ST1 Up the Garden Path, are some of the rarest items in RPG collecting. As the game gained more and more followers, smaller companies such as Wee Warriors, Daystar West and Fantasy Art Enterprises licensed the right to produce supplements for D&D, such as Dwarven Glory, Palace of the Vampire Queen, Character Archaic and Misty Isles. The items produced by the licensee companies are often rarer than most D&D items. I have been collecting for over 20 years, and this book is only the second copy I have ever owned.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:42 pm 

Marlith wrote:I know it is a cool item and all...but does this "history" just not smack of someone trying to catch anything someone might have a search set up for? I think I might have to use this if I ever sell. Here is my B1 and a bit of history about the game.... :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

This is a Near Mint copy from Fantasy Art Enterprises, VERY rare. It is autographed on the first page by both Erol Otus (of Deities and Demigods fame) and Paul Reiche. Aside from some staple rust, it is basically mint. You will not find a nicer copy. It was produced as a companion to the Necromican, and lists many unique monsters and magical/technological treasures. A bit of history about the book and D&D: Back in 1974, Gary Gygax and friends invented the Dungeons and Dragons game, starting with the first print woodgrain boxed set and eventually producing the Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, Swords and Spells, and Chainmail supplements. After the game began to catch on, annual Gencon and RPGA tournaments were held, which produced such rare modules as Lost Caverns of Tsojconth, Ghost Tower of Inverness, Quest for the Fazzlewood and Lost Tamoachan. These, along with their UK counterpart ST1 Up the Garden Path, are some of the rarest items in RPG collecting. As the game gained more and more followers, smaller companies such as Wee Warriors, Daystar West and Fantasy Art Enterprises licensed the right to produce supplements for D&D, such as Dwarven Glory, Palace of the Vampire Queen, Character Archaic and Misty Isles. The items produced by the licensee companies are often rarer than most D&D items. I have been collecting for over 20 years, and this book is only the second copy I have ever owned.

Wow, Frank is getting lots of free advertising. 8O This same auction is listed here, in the Non-TSR Forum and in the Classifieds section as well. The only place it has not shown up in that it could is the Interesting items on EBay thread. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:22 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:AD D Collectible LEGENDS LORE hc beauty NR WOW | eBay

I hope this guy is just joking about the "bonfire". :?

There, I just saved that book from a firey doom. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:02 am 

Marlith wrote:I know it is a cool item and all...but does this "history" just not smack of someone trying to catch anything someone might have a search set up for? I think I might have to use this if I ever sell. Here is my B1 and a bit of history about the game.... :wink:

Please don't. Frank should've known better, because what he does is keyword spamming. Also he risks getting the auction suspended.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:22 am 

bclarkie wrote:Alright David, How the hell did you pull this off? :?

eBay.com Item Bid History

I could understand if you were the first bidder on this auction with a $0.01 opening bid, but I can't figure this one out for the life of me.

C'mon tell me dammit.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:28 am 

Just to calm everyone down, I did this to prove a point. I don't particularly give a rat's ass about the keywords. It goes to show that eBay doesn't care what you put in, as long as you accept Paypal.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 113123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 111112113